What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saint Arnolds barrel aged RIS. Limited release. The bar literally had only recieved 4 cases, and only three other businesses have this brew today.
Bishop's Barrel #7

1406688639000.jpg

Vandal Eyes. next time I brew that, it's gonna be a 10 gallon batch. have I ever mentioned that I love my 14 gallon heated/cooled conical? if not, I do. sometimes I rub my berries on the si...

errr....

nothing.

Thats what the berry flavor you get in your beers. Makes it taste homemade

Saint Arnolds barrel aged RIS. Limited release. The bar literally had only recieved 4 cases, and only three other businesses have this brew today.
Bishop's Barrel #7

Mellow mushroom by any chance? If si how much are they charging?

Stone is on the verge of becoming the next Rogue.

I hope not... $14.99 for a 6 pack of dead guy is just outrageous considering I don't live in an area with high prices.

I find all session IPAs too bitter; it's just too hard to pack all those hops in a beer with low gravity. At first I thought session IPAs are interesting, but after trying many of the popular breweries, I've given up on them. I'll just drink a pale ale or IPA. That being said, I think Go To is brewed the best in its class.

Drinking a protein shake.

Iced coffee and water.

Stone has been dropping out of favor for me. I do not buy their stuff much anymore. mostly their not over bitter beers. They need to cut the bitterness back a little then they will be fine

I find Stone obnoxious in some cases. They have a couple of beers like the Ruinten and Collective Distortion. I am hoping to get my hands on a bottle of WootStout but otherwise, I have found that a lot of what is available to me today is just too bitter. It is not a good bitterness to me either. I find many more IPAs out there that are well balanced and worth my cash.

Coffee.

Anyone ever make the Dead Ringer IPA from Northern? Does it really turn out like Two Hearted (it is really a clone)?

If you have ever had Two Hearted but have never made this clone, does this recipe look like it has the right hop additions to get to something like Two Hearted? I know the hop variety is right, it just seems a little light to me.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/allgrain/AG-DeadRingerIPA.pdf

I don't know. Stone are still badasses in my book.

Not every beer in their lineup blows me away, but they're getting it done. Enjoy By 0704 made it from bottling line in Escondito CA to a retail shelf in Frederick MD in six days. By contrast, Ithaca just debuted in MD with a two month old Flower Power.

Not knocking Ithaca; I'm sure that wasn't their intent, but they likely had little control over it.

Iced coffee and water.

I find Stone obnoxious in some cases. They have a couple of beers like the Ruinten and Collective Distortion. I am hoping to get my hands on a bottle of WootStout but otherwise, I have found that a lot of what is available to me today is just too bitter. It is not a good bitterness to me either. I find many more IPAs out there that are well balanced and worth my cash.

Yeah when I said that it wasn't about their prices it was about their "look at our super cool super bitter yet another IPA" and increasingly absurd "collabs"

Just picture him as BK in his skivvies and you'll do fine! You definitely have this - just stick to the English styles you know & love! :mug:

If that is the case today, make sure to wear a cup. The last thing you want is a berry punch in the middle of your interview. Good Luck.

Finished my coffee. Trying to figure out when I will have time to brew again.

I hope not... $14.99 for a 6 pack of dead guy is just outrageous considering I don't live in an area with high prices.

I find all session IPAs too bitter; it's just too hard to pack all those hops in a beer with low gravity. At first I thought session IPAs are interesting, but after trying many of the popular breweries, I've given up on them. I'll just drink a pale ale or IPA. That being said, I think Go To is brewed the best in its class.

Drinking a protein shake.

I think the only way a session IPA can work is to keep the bitterness balanced, add a bunch of maltodextrin so you get some sense of mouthfeel and then late hop the crap out of it for the hop aroma and flavor. Nobody has hit the mark yet in my tasting (which I will admit, is not super extensive.)

I think the only way a session IPA can work is to keep the bitterness balanced, add a bunch of maltodextrin so you get some sense of mouthfeel and then late hop the crap out of it for the hop aroma and flavor. Nobody has hit the mark yet in my tasting (which I will admit, is not super extensive.)

Founders all day IPA isn't horrid. Not my super fav, but definitely better than Stone's.

Founders all day IPA isn't horrid. Not my super fav, but definitely better than Stone's.

All Day is solid. I admit that I buy it so that I'm not drinking a ton of 7.5%+ beer, and I usually mix in a Two Hearted or something with it, but I enjoy All Day and it is only 4.7% ABV.

Just hit the button by accident and went back to the first post in this thread. Guess what I saw? 8 years and 3 months later and we're talking Stone.

I personally like a lot of the session IPAs that are out now, Firestone Walker Easy Jack being my favorite and All Day a close second. Not a huge fan of Stones though. I prefer unbalanced IPAs that peel the enamel off my teeth and are more bitter than a woman that was left at the altar though so personal taste has a lot to do with it. I plan to brew a session IPA soon, I refuse to use maltodextrine or things like that, but I plan to mash around 158 to keep some mouthfeel, first wort hop to around 30 ibu and then hop burst to get up to around 50ibu.

Curiosity got to me and I went back to look at the first page. What happened during the summer of '06? I noticed nobody posted from May till September.

Latest posts

Back