What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a little golden goodness on a beautiful 85 degree day, which is unusual for mississippi, a little pre birthday brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406678212.290662.jpg

Thanks again Dennis

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Switching to a scotch with a few cubes of ice. May have about 3 more.

If you haven't tried this, you'll thank me:

Ice cubes have always been a no-no for me. I used to do the tiny splash of cold water via the tip of a straw or whatever. Then someone on HBT introduced me to filling the glass with warm water, dumping, and then pouring. A few droplets of warm get left behind and everything blossoms. I do it now, every glass, every time.

View attachment 214317
Because who doesn't want more cowbell?

That's probably the best DIPA from Houston right now. Such a great beer and a bargain at $9 for a 4 pack. I hope your can was fresh. I haven't paid attention to whether or not they're dated. What's great is when they can a batch, it's available at some of their accounts in the city that same day.

What, no dose of TCA?

Single worst thing I've ever tasted in beer (via a similar off flavor kit). It's that corked wine thing. Like licking the floor of a damp basement. NASTY.

Drinking Bluebird Bitter and prepping for interview (he asked me to bring a few of my recipes among other stuff). Which is confirmed for tomorrow evening instead of Thursday. Combo of being super f***ing stoked and super f***ing nervous.

You have this. RDWHAHB.

A friend called and said the Sam Adams imperial white clone i brewed had something bad at the bottom. He wasn't sure about drinking it so I chilled one and there was a good 2" of yeast. I should have cold crashed I suppose. So this 11% *****. Getting better as it ages.
View attachment 214293

... That is what I call a yeast cake.

Ice cubes have always been a no-no for me. I used to do the tiny splash of cold water via the tip of a straw or whatever. Then someone on HBT introduced me to filling the glass with warm water, dumping, and then pouring. A few droplets of warm get left behind and everything blossoms. I do it now, every glass, every time.

Tomorrow. This is the plan.

Beer camp continues.

Myron's Walk - meh.

Double Latte - decent.

Tater Ridge - decent.

Real men don't drink scotch with ice or water.

Drinking a water. Don't judge me.

Raise your gose with a reg gose plus shrimp and crab

I read that as you were having a shrimp and crab flavored Gose and threw up a little & made a mental note not to trade with DC anymore...then I looked at the photo and it made sense....

This is decent, a little too fruity for my taste, but drinkable on a hot day
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406679541.268071.jpg

Just did it. Wow, you're right. And thank you!

Says the man drinking strawberry beer most of the day. Baazinga.

Just did it. Wow, you're right. And thank you!

Says the man drinking strawberry beer most of the day. Baazinga.

I drank it because I couldn't taste it!

Don't make me pull out the highland park 18. Hold the ice.

Another black ipa. I think I need to brew this one again. Only a few bottles left.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

View attachment 214317
Because who doesn't want more cowbell?

Glad to see there stuff is being shared outside of Texas. I agree with Wes it's the best IPA in town. They also make a great red velvet stout. I finally went on a brewery tour this spring. Man hands down the best bang for your buck. $8 for four beers and as soon as you walk in you are handed a tulip glass full of there flag ship beer and four tokens. Plus the best part not a single hipster to be found in the whole place.

I go neat with good scotch....That said if a real man goes no water or ice and a lesser man cuts it with water or ice, what is one drinking water that is calling out those drinking scotch considered? 😁

I read that as you were having a shrimp and crab flavored Gose and threw up a little & made a mental note not to trade with DC anymore...then I looked at the photo and it made sense....

This is decent, a little too fruity for my taste, but drinkable on a hot day
View attachment 214320

Glad you figured it out. If you wont trade because of that crab/shrimp gose then you are not adventurous enough lol. Im not that crazy with my beers haha

Wow just wow the generosity and thoughtfulness of this thread will never cease to amaze me, i came home to a box full of beer from jak1010. After reading the letter enclosed in the box i was floored. Jak1010 was chosen by Mhurst111 for the best response for a funny story and sent him some beer... When jak1010 wanted to send mhurst111 back some beer he told jak1010 to send the package to me instead, due to my current situation. Wow the thoughtfulness of you 2 in this gesture goes way beyond the beer, and man are they some good beers. Thank you for thinking of me and I'm glad i have friends like you in my life, i honestly have no words, just amazing.

Ps... The package was actually delivered to my sisters house accidentally and she called over to our house and asked "who the hell is cliff Mongoloid?" It was funny explaining it to my family as they all looked at like wth haha

1406681311632.jpg

1406681340490.jpg

Wow just wow the generosity and thoughtfulness of this thread will never cease to amaze me, i came home to a box full of beer from jak1010. After reading the letter enclosed in the box i was floored. Jak1010 was chosen by Mhurst111 for the best response for a funny story and sent him some beer... When jak1010 wanted to send mhurst111 back some beer he told jak1010 to send the package to me instead, due to my current situation. Wow the thoughtfulness of you 2 in this gesture goes way beyond the beer, and man are they some good beers. Thank you for thinking of me and I'm glad i have friends like you in my life, i honestly have no words, just amazing.

Ps... The package was actually delivered to my sisters house accidentally and she called over to our house and asked "who the hell is cliff Mongoloid?" It was funny explaining it to my family as they all looked at like wth haha

Line of the night..."who the hell is CliffMongoloid?" LOL

Glad they all made it. Mike is a hell of a guy!

Drinking a Plain Jane HB Blonde that I bottled in March. The previous ones were pretty good and with no problems. Not exciting, but decent. This bottle, for some reason was a bit of a gusher. I actually had to spoon a bunch of head out to pour the rest of the beer. The carb on the tongue fizzes to bitter and alcohol in the nose with a slightly sour taste lingering on. I think that last part is from a small component of strawberries...long story. Basically, used some strawberry blonde wort to up the SG on both parts of this split batch. It's drinkable...just not my favorite./ Only a few left, so no big deal.

DSC05159.jpg

Grapevine Lakefire Rye Pale Ale. Not impressed.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406683807.782102.jpg

Had a free tasting of the Lexington/Kentucky Bourbon Barrel lineup earlier. All pretty meh really.

Wow what a great story.

I've recently moved from what I consider the mecca of brewing (Athens, GA). In Athens I had my pick of 2 - 3 brew shops and any number of experts to rely on for advice, all of which were eager to help. Where I live now only has one shop and the owner treats me like a complete moron and never shuts up about how he won't drink anything that isn't barleywine anymore. Admittedly, I am a novice, only having brewed about 30 gallons of beer so far. But when I walk into an establishment I don't like being patronized and told that I should just stick with the pre-made kits. (Yes, he tells me this every time.)

So since I hate going to the local shop, is there hope for me? Is there anywhere online that can get fresh ingredients to me quickly?

J. J.

Eh, I wasn't a big fan.

Another apfelwein then done

My IPA bittered with Columbus, then late additions of Nelson and galaxy, dry hopped with Nelson, galaxy, and simcoe. So juicy, it's like biting into an unpeeled fresh orange
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406684699.952260.jpg

Vandal Eyes. next time I brew that, it's gonna be a 10 gallon batch. have I ever mentioned that I love my 14 gallon heated/cooled conical? if not, I do. sometimes I rub my berries on the si...

errr....

nothing.

first taste of a new brown ale recipe. bittered with nugget, flavored with willamette and styrian goldings. a little young and out of balance but should be nice in a few weeks.

unnamed-1.jpg

Back