What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another HB Smoked Lager. Good brew day overall. Missed OG by .002:rockin:

1404509988746.jpg

Haha...I've been stingy with my brew and therefore usually drink one or two and then switch to commercial stuff. Not today. I had nearly two full batches in the fridge and another (aging until Christmas) in the ferm. I made a conscious decision today to leave the commercial IPA's alone and drink nothing but my own stuff. Both of my beers right now are fairly low ABV so to attain this buzz, I drank enough to assure there will be a backyard pissing in the middle if the night (tent is 50' from my house).

Ahhh....so you just don't have a big enough pipeline. You need to brew more!

If I forsake drinking homebrew for commercial stuff too often, I end up swimming in the stuff.

A friend's mad elf clone. From what I remember, it's very close. It's a great beer either way.

1404531839954.jpg

Now this is a really nice beer. Not sure it's $17 for a bomber nice, but I'm certainly not regretting the purchase.

I have one in the fridge. Think it's coming with me camping tomorrow.

Just found out my dog sitter broke her leg and the dog is coming camping with us now. SWMBO's mom is not gonna be happy.

Had a bunch of Molson Canadians, a yeungling, and now home having this dfh saison du buff. I think this would go well with some pasta and sauce.

1404532460403.jpg

I made a tray of ice cubes from pomegranate juice and dropped a few into my glass of raspberry wine. A match made in heaven on a sunny summer day!

I also made a tray of ice cubes from my espresso machine. About to slow it down for a minute and have a "freddo cappucino" (Greek-style ice coffee).

No coffee checkins yet? Looks like HBT is appropriately hungover today :D

I'm oddly not hungover but I didn't go to sleep until 1 am and at 7:30 am my dog woke me. I got this bright ass idea to toss her into the bath before my friends get here today. Figured I'd let them meet her clean. She was pissed…I wasn't pleased at the lack of sleep so misery loves company, I told her.

Rambling along…2nd glass of iced coffee. Cleaned downstairs, set up for brew day and will shower and start around 11 am when my friend arrives. Fingers crossed that my Creme Brûlée clone works out well.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

I'm oddly not hungover but I didn't go to sleep until 1 am and at 7:30 am my dog woke me. I got this bright ass idea to toss her into the bath before my friends get here today. Figured I'd let them meet her clean. She was pissed…I wasn't pleased at the lack of sleep so misery loves company, I told her.

Rambling along…2nd glass of iced coffee. Cleaned downstairs, set up for brew day and will shower and start around 11 am when my friend arrives. Fingers crossed that my Creme Brûlée clone works out well.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

Good luck with that brew! I love that beer.

Coffee. Gotta pack up for camping, then unpack when we get there. I hate the first day, and SWMBO is miserable already.:mad:

Water. After running a systems check I'm not near as hungover as I expected to be. Guts are a little bubbly and I think a badger **** in my mouth overnight but other than that survived another 4th and brew day unharmed. Time to cook breakfast while the fam sleeps in

Hydro sample of my Christmas Stout "Gettin' Jiggy with Fezziwig". It's at 1.030, which is where the recipe calculators said it would finish. I threw some vodka soaked vanilla beans in there and I'll give her another two weeks before bottling.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404569035.557244.jpg

Coffee with boudin for breakfast. My sister lives outside Lafayette and sends packages of it to us. So damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coffee. Hi-Nelson Saison chugging away in the fermentgation bucket, a batch of pineapple tepache nicely underway, going to take kids to the new Transformers movie later...might suck as far as movie snobs are concerned, but what the hell? Going anyway. Need food.

Back