What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct sir!

Sent from desk of Hedly Lamar. Thats HEDLY!

it would be a good experiment to do... i saw a lot of posts online that said bring it to a brief boil then you should be ok as someone said above... at that point i would be more prone to do the whole boil then... either or i decided not to and just brew into the AM tomorrow night.

on a different note my dad just called me and said he got me 2 sanke kegs, i am thinking this will be a good time to move to 10 gallon batches as my mash tun is big enough also... i will cut the top in one and add a ball valve for the boil kettle and ferment in the other. i believe all kegs now are stainless steel. i was going to add a collar to my ferm chamber anyway so ill just change the plans to a bigger collar. ill just need a friend to help me lift the kegs. the thought of bottling 10 gallons is a nightmare tho.. this might be what makes me finially move to kegging

anyway enough with my rant... another sam adams rebel ipa... its not horrible

Homer, because you know you care.

IMG_1856.jpg

Oh, yes. They care. They care indeed. Oh, and having a crappy IIPA mojo rising, in case you care. I don't really care for it but you might care for it or you care that I don't care for it or don't care that I don't care for it. Or you might care that I don't care or don't care that I care.

care.jpg

Mr. Mephesto. A coworker pointed me towards this brewery from his home town, I happened to manage a grab at some limited release.

It's.... Dark, strong, not boozy... Little spice bite to it, but definitely has notes of... Caramel and cinnamon.

I think I like it. Anyone ever heard of these guys?

1392946627772.jpg

Having a Marshall Old Pavilion after a long day. Feels good to be back...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I need to try a martini one of these days

Digging into the cellar this week. This week sucked and I don't have to go to work till 9 is tomorrow

Sent from desk of Hedly Lamar. Thats HEDLY!

Do yourself a favor for your first one, make sure its vodka and order it "extra dirty".

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392947546.605297.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1392947567.930481.jpg
Again.

Well if it's vodka, it's not a martini...so there's that.

A martini, made with gin, is currently merely a martini glass with gin and an olive in it. There's so little vermouth that I don't see how it could possibly have an affect on the flavor. Many bartenders put ten drops of vermouth in the glass, swirl to coat the glass, dump it, then fill with gin and an olive. Some use a spray bottle to mist the sides of the glass with vermouth.

Either way, I hate gin and vodka both, so it won't be my drink of choice. Really, I don't even care for liquor, save tequila in a margarita.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well if it's vodka, it's not a martini...so there's that.

A martini, made with gin, is currently merely a martini glass with gin and an olive in it. There's so little vermouth that I don't see how it could possibly have an affect on the flavor. Many bartenders put ten drops of vermouth in the glass, swirl to coat the glass, dump it, then fill with gin and an olive. Some use a spray bottle to mist the sides of the glass with vermouth.

Either way, I hate gin and vodka both, so it won't be my drink of choice. Really, I don't even care for liquor, save tequila in a margarita.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I shall refer you back to my punching strangers comment. To purists, a martini can only be made with gin, true. Gin makes me really spunky (in a punchy way), I was merely suggesting a easier martini for a guy that has never had one.

Too much controversy over a martini. If its gin it's a martini, if it's vodka it's not. If a beer doesn't have hops is it still a beer?

Another round. Half vodka and half gin. This way I can punch people in the face and then be friends. I used feta stuffed olives and a sprinkle of red pepper flake. Because I care :) :D

1392949405461.jpg

Ponto, a session IPA, made by Pizza Port. Named after a sick surf spot, around these parts...

IMG_0748.jpg

Back