What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sick wife, sick kids, staying home from work. Mainlining water too keep their crap away.

First cup of my first batch of home roasted coffee that I roasted last night. I know I'm supposed to wait to drink it, but I won't really know why unless I don't wait. Still better than Starbucks which isn't really a high hurdle.

First cup of my first batch of home roasted coffee that I roasted last night. I know I'm supposed to wait to drink it, but I won't really know why unless I don't wait. Still better than Starbucks which isn't really a high hurdle.

Depends on the bean. Most are ready the next day, but Sumatran and a few others can need 72 hrs. Not are why, but it can make a big difference.

Finishing up some good Rwandan bean here. Also had a couple sips of Norton (VA varietal) and Pinot noir while picking this up this morning. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392993850.418759.jpg

Depends on the bean. Most are ready the next day, but Sumatran and a few others can need 72 hrs. Not are why, but it can make a big difference.

Finishing up some good Rwandan bean here. Also had a couple sips of Norton (VA varietal) and Pinot noir while picking this up this morning.View attachment 180979

you got a taint punch comin'.

Finishing up some good Rwandan bean here. Also had a couple sips of Norton (VA varietal) and Pinot noir while picking this up this morning.

Have fun filling that! You will be the master of the turbid mash in the end. ;)

So you didn't roast it until it was burnt? :D

Hahaha! Yahtzee!
Yeah, I didn't make charcoal.

Finishing up some good Rwandan bean here. Also had a couple sips of Norton (VA varietal) and Pinot noir while picking this up this morning.View attachment 180979

It was Sumatran so I figure by Sunday I should be in good shape.

Thinking I need to start roasting my own beans and get a French press for at home. I only drink water and beer at home, no coffee machine.

Coff.
Psych.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392998105.627872.jpg

Congrats man!! Once you go ag well... u know! What you brewing?

Sent from richard simmons' living room

I've made some awesome beers using extra + specialty grains. We'll see how this AG turns out.

Brewing a DIPA with heavy columbus and simcoe. Was going to use Conan but I decided on using an English strain -- harvested 1098 british ale yeast. Should come in around 9% ABV. I have over 17lbs of grain in the mash tun as we speak. You?

I've made some awesome beers using extra + specialty grains. We'll see how this AG turns out.

Brewing a DIPA with heavy columbus and simcoe. Was going to use Conan but I decided on using an English strain -- harvested 1098 british ale yeast. Should come in around 9% ABV. I have over 17lbs of grain in the mash tun as we speak. You?

Sounds like a solid beer man :D I never tried doing an extract beer and steeping the specialty grain. I did a few extracts then switched to ag. I loved the extract beers I did tho. Im doing a hoppy wheat beer kind of roughly based off modern times fortunate island. I threw in a lil aciduated malt (2%) mostly 2 row white wheat and Vienna. Then hopping with azacca magnum and Amarillo.

Sent from richard simmons' living room

M.A.D.E. beer. :) it's not quite done carbonating in the keg but I got excited. It's yummy too! I can't believe how this beer turned out. I turned the pressure down to 10 psi and I'll just let it sit there from now on.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393005405.692886.jpg

Went outside to setup my burner in the garage. Noticed this just outside. A hawk or an owl went to town.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393005731.886536.jpg

This past spring/summer I had a pair of Cooper's hawks in my backyard oak. They are fun to watch. Saw them eating a bird, squirrel, rabbit, etc just about everyday.

We have red-tail hawks. I once saw one grab a squirrel off of a fairway when I was golfing last summer, take it up into a tree and started to peck at it. It was insane.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The hardest part about mashing is the wait. Good time to get everything else in order for the brewday though.

That is where I get everything else in order as well. During the boil I wash my mash tun and basically just have the kettle to deal with when I am through. The kettle is 18" in diameter so that isn't exactly a small task.

Water. I haven't eaten today and this beer is 6.3% so...I'm feeling fine. :ban: I think it is bo jangle's time.

I was on my porch with my two year old pointing out a baby bunny in the yard when the hawk came down, grabbed and went back up in the tree to eat it. Nature.

haha tell him that's what happens to bad kids.

I was on my porch with my two year old pointing out a baby bunny in the yard when the hawk came down, grabbed and went back up in the tree to eat it. Nature.

It's good when children have a chance to understand the food chain--and our place in it--at a young age. :)

Got my one limit each coffee and vanilla noir. Other places that already have it are too far to drive on lunch break and other close-by places haven't gotten it yet. Don't need to spend any more today anyway.

Back