What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a relatively warm and rainy Saturday

9c0e737ce6e37cc8a4d67a33492022bc.jpg

Starting off with HB spontaneous cider. Trying to come up with a list of recipes to use all the prosciutto I made. Have about 30 lbs left….I'll try and give away another 10 lbs and maybe there's 5 lbs of skin and bone, but that still leaves a heck of a lot of ham!

Also obsessing over a new recipe. Want to try and tackle a wit with lacto. I'd say 'traditional' but I'm not sure I want to shoot for 2.5 abv and 50% attenuation, probably going for more like 4-4.5 abv and 85%.

Zombie Killer!
Just got back from the brew store, prepping for second brew tomorrow!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Starting off with HB spontaneous cider. Trying to come up with a list of recipes to use all the prosciutto I made. Have about 30 lbs left….I'll try and give away another 10 lbs and maybe there's 5 lbs of skin and bone, but that still leaves a heck of a lot of ham!

Also obsessing over a new recipe. Want to try and tackle a wit with lacto. I'd say 'traditional' but I'm not sure I want to shoot for 2.5 abv and 50% attenuation, probably going for more like 4-4.5 abv and 85%.

Why not give it a shot.. You can always pitch something else to finish if it comes it too big. I personally love low alcohol beers. I brew a 2% pale that is always in the fridge at my house.

That being said, saw this at the Russian store, decided to give it a shot as I finish chilling the brew day. Smells like wort, but tastes pretty good.

Edited to insert - Leikeim Kellerbier naturtrub.
Sent from my mobile device, please pardon my brevity.

1389473932461.jpg

Why not give it a shot.. You can always pitch something else to finish if it comes it too big. I personally love low alcohol beers. I brew a 2% pale that is always in the fridge at my house.

That being said, saw this at the Russian store, decided to give it a shot as I finish chilling the brew day. Smells like wort, but tastes pretty good.

Because a 2% beer is pointless??

I knew I should have said 'it is always available in my fridge, because I love it'.

I want to be able to drink three during the week and function at 0600 the next morning.

I don't think we could party together. you might die.

coffee while off to the store to fart on meringues. don't even ask about the clam chowder.

coffee while off to the store to fart on meringues. don't even ask about the clam chowder.

I also have deep, abiding love of imperial IPAs and big Belgians. One is for the weekend, one is for school nights. :D

Drinking a hardywood Great Return as I check gravities. Sad, my Belgian is not dropping below 1.030. Admittedly, it did start at 1.130.

1389477570446.jpg

banesong said:
I knew I should have said 'it is always available in my fridge, because I love it'.

I want to be able to drink three during the week and function at 0600 the next morning.

You can't be serious. :rockin::D

Laughing out loud.

banesong said:

You mean 3 an hour and function at 6am right?

H

Had my head up my a$$ and the second pour has a lot of sediment. Good stuff, though. Another Fantasy Football spoil from mcbaumannerb.

That is a nice one - this year's should be released in about six weeks.

Since it is suddenly summer, sticking to IPAs (before stout weather returns in two days). This is okay...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389478471.918057.jpg

HB Blonde while I take a break swapping out faucets in the master bath. SWMBO decided we needed to upgrade the look of the bathroom and came home with them from the hardware store...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389479490.854569.jpg

Mom is visiting and staying at my house for the weekend. Good thing she came after I've had 5 beers. I will only have 2 more tonight as opposed to 2 more + scotch.

Having a water with the big dinner I just cooked for everyone.

The 2.5 isn't the problem, it's the 50% attenuation that belgian wheat beers of the 17th century had. I get enough empty calories from alcohol that I tend to stick to beers with lower finishing gravities. That and I'm a drunk so I can drink quite a few 4% beers without worrying about impaired function the next day, not that I function very well either way.

Back