What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just me. Le Sigh. :eek:

:( Hope you're able to change that soon.

Now having a Modified BierMuncher's OctoberFAST Ale. Very nice. Only modification I made was the hop bill to reflect what I had on hand, which was Czech Saaz. Malty, not too sweet and most importantly, pretty much reminds me of Octoberfest, but a little more malty and not as crisp a finish. Brewed this for a friend's housewarming and I hope he likes it. AFAIK he's a mostly BMC drinker, but he also drinks Woodchuck Fall Cider when it comes out, so I know he likes the fall/harvest type flavors. We'll see.

20131105_212300 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I'm drinking this delicious beer while dialing in the temp of my keezer for lagering.

Champ Grenade D'Abeilles Saison by Baumann-Erb's Excellent Refreshment.

The aroma is refreshing and smells like berries. The flavor is tart and fruity from the pomegranate. Very subtle farmhouse character which allows the fruit character to be equally notable. Great balance of malt, hops, fruit, and funk.

Very nice beer Mark!

IMG-20131105-00403.jpg

Had a temporary custody hearing today that didn't go as well as planned due to the ex telling lies about my apartment and brewing. The judge did get pissed at her and yelled at her lawyer though so it's not all lost, just not moving along the way I would like. In the meantime I will enjoy this Sailor Jerry with some Coke. The first of many tonight

ForumRunner_20131105_201427.jpg

Had a temporary custody hearing today that didn't go as well as planned due to the ex telling lies about my apartment and brewing. The judge did get pissed at her and yelled at her lawyer though so it's not all lost, just not moving along the way I would like. In the meantime I will enjoy this Sailor Jerry with some Coke. The first of many tonight

View attachment 158475

Best of wishes, I got lucky and had no kids when I got divorced, handed a check and said have a nice life (Cough,cough)

Best of wishes, I got lucky and had no kids when I got divorced, handed a check and said have a nice life (Cough,cough)

Color me jealous!! I'm $7k in and counting... Worth it though. The best part of the day was when the judge said "homebrewing is a very common hobby and I find no issue with that". :mug:

Remmy said:
Come to the East Coast. Ever had Puerto Rican Heady? It's the best. :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

It's about time for another brew.

"All right, heady, heady, heady! Come on in heady lovers! Here on the East coast we’re slashing heady in half! Give us an offer on our vast selection of Heady. This is a heady blow out! All right, we got white heady, black heady, Spanish heady, yellow heady, we got hot heady, cold heady, we got wet heady, we got smelly heady, we got hairy heady, bloody heady, we got snappin’ heady, we got silk heady, velvet heady, naugahyde heady, we even got horse heady, dog heady, chicken heady! Come on, you want heady, come on in, heady lovers! If we don’t got it, you don’t want it! Come on in, heady lovers!

Hahaha :D that sucks man.

Dave37 said:
"All right, heady, heady, heady! Come on in heady lovers! Here on the East coast we’re slashing heady in half! Give us an offer on our vast selection of Heady. This is a heady blow out! All right, we got white heady, black heady, Spanish heady, yellow heady, we got hot heady, cold heady, we got wet heady, we got smelly heady, we got hairy heady, bloody heady, we got snappin’ heady, we got silk heady, velvet heady, naugahyde heady, we even got horse heady, dog heady, chicken heady! Come on, you want heady, come on in, heady lovers! If we don’t got it, you don’t want it! Come on in, heady lovers!

Hahaha :D that sucks man.

If you find cheaper heady anywhere else, drink it!
:p

Another Sailor Jerry and Coke working through my 3bbl brewhouse with 6bbl fermenters and brites quote options from Stout. If anyone has a spare $100k sitting around I could really use it...

a couple bottles of apfelwein later, im bout to hit the hay. Hope you enjoyed those songs nizzle, I see you liked swimming pools :D

I'll spare everyone the terrible cell picture, but drinking Green Flash's Friendship Brew, collab with St Feuillien, a 'Black Saison'. It's, eh, interesting. Lots of roast and anise flavors, interesting combination. Not something I'd get again, or that I really want to finish a bomber of right now...Also, what makes them think it's ok to call it 'lively carbonation' and think people won't know it's just plain overcarbonated...

Had a couple Live Oak Liberation Ales at dinner earlier.

BGBC said:
Had to dump the last half pour of that Friendship Brew. Just not worth it...

That $hitty titty eh? Dang...must be bad to dump it. How much did that ride down the drain run you?

Dark and Gingery. My take on a fortified Dark and Stormy. It started off rough, but is mellowing with age and the ginger and spice is complex and intriguing.

My wife hates it, I love it. That's how I know it is good!

I had a taddy porter earlier.
Now I'm drinking a Blue Moon Pine in the Neck ipa. I'm pretty impressed with this ipa. The damn bottle was a twist top though...
But they were both 50% off because they were slightly passed their best by date. Can't complain lol

:( Hope you're able to change that soon.

Now having a Modified BierMuncher's OctoberFAST Ale. Very nice. Only modification I made was the hop bill to reflect what I had on hand, which was Czech Saaz. Malty, not too sweet and most importantly, pretty much reminds me of Octoberfest, but a little more malty and not as crisp a finish. Brewed this for a friend's housewarming and I hope he likes it. AFAIK he's a mostly BMC drinker, but he also drinks Woodchuck Fall Cider when it comes out, so I know he likes the fall/harvest type flavors. We'll see.
HAHA that ship done set sail man!

Way rough. I wrote a check and that was that. At least the judge was on your side about brewing. It's not like you're making meth.
I had a taddy porter earlier.
Now I'm drinking a Blue Moon Pine in the Neck ipa. I'm pretty impressed with this ipa. The damn bottle was a twist top though...
But they were both 50% off because they were slightly passed their best by date. Can't complain lol
I wish my bottle shop would do that. There was this bottle with Amarillo hops that I really wanted to try. It was written right on the $9 (12 oz) bottle that it should be enjoyed within 2 years of the date on the bottle. It was September 2011 that it was bottled and I asked the guy in October if he discounted the bottles that were going past their date. He said no, never. I told him I refuse to pay $9 for a 12 oz bottle just to see how the hops were when the hops won't give me the most accurate flavor due to the expiration date. Such a bummer really. I like the bottle shop, but I don't like that policy.

Coffee, but wish I had something stronger. I had been at work for 15 minutes before I received a series of e-mails telling me how I ****ed up the format of one e-mail. Laundry list of issues as though I'm a moron. With 9 more hours to go, I'm not sure I should even work today if I can't even manage sending a ****ing e-mail right. :rolleyes: Pro tip: It's an e-mail, it won't bring the company down.

Finally got the final coat of paint on the ceiling and wall.

Now having a homebrew.
AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale

Looks like some light at the end of the tunnel? Hope you can get that wrapped up soon and get your life back to normal!

I wish my bottle shop would do that. There was this bottle with Amarillo hops that I really wanted to try. It was written right on the $9 (12 oz) bottle that it should be enjoyed within 2 years of the date on the bottle. It was September 2011 that it was bottled and I asked the guy in October if he discounted the bottles that were going past their date. He said no, never. I told him I refuse to pay $9 for a 12 oz bottle just to see how the hops were when the hops won't give me the most accurate flavor due to the expiration date. Such a bummer really. I like the bottle shop, but I don't like that policy.

That's a shortsighted policy that will end up hurting them in the long run. The more of those beers they have that nobody will buy, the less new stuff they can bring in...

Coffee, but wish I had something stronger. I had been at work for 15 minutes before I received a series of e-mails telling me how I ****ed up the format of one e-mail. Laundry list of issues as though I'm a moron. With 9 more hours to go, I'm not sure I should even work today if I can't even manage sending a ****ing e-mail right. :rolleyes: Pro tip: It's an e-mail, it won't bring the company down.

Um, Yeah ... I'm going to have to ask you to run any email by me before you send it from now on...

office space.jpg

I lol'ed. Yeah, it's stupid but it is what it is. I am just trying to hold on until at least Feb 1. It has been pretty terrible and it makes me question why I bothered with grad school and all that considering where I've ended up.

That bottle shop is indeed going to find themselves with less on the shelves. They're already small as is. I haven't encountered many other beers that are basically expired but then again, it wasn't until recently that I actually started looking at these things. My pallet and my awareness has certainly expanded, much to my bank account's detriment! I enjoy it though. Beer is no longer just beer, it's more fascinating to me these days.

But enough Debbie Downer stuff...bring on the coffee!

Latest posts

Back