What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
I'd rather have good food and no beer or good beer and no food than either of your options. Pairing bad with good just detracts from the good.

I'm pretty much a Sierra Nevada fan boy, but man those Ovilla beers suck. I tried the mandarin/peppercorn saison even though the first saison, dubbel, and quad had all been sub-standard. Didn't think the new one was any better. Not very dry, or at least not dry enough for me, or maybe there is too much caramel malt in there.

image-1254814487.jpg

Agreed on the Ovila. Since when do monks filter the hell out of a saison? 100% clear and 0 residue in the bottles. Sierra Nevada missed the mark in this one. Decent beer, but in no way memorable.

Having a home brew orange honey cream ale packing for are trip to Wisconsin Thursday. Hoping to score some Cantillon brews on are journey ;-)

Good luck. The Cantillon fruit beers can be incredible, but you'll be just as or more happy with 3 fonteinen or geuze tilquin if you can find those and not the cantillon geuze.

NIZZLE said:
Having a home brew orange honey cream ale packing for are trip to Wisconsin Thursday. Hoping to score some Cantillon brews on are journey ;-)

Where and how are you getting Cantillon in Wisconsin? Going there like the last week in July and cant wait to try to score some three Floyd's and others, if I can add Cantillon to that list I'd be pumped haha

TNGabe said:
Good luck. The Cantillon fruit beers can be incredible, but you'll be just as or more happy with 3 fonteinen or geuze tilquin if you can find those and not the cantillon geuze.

I've had the tilquin on draft around here once or twice, that stuff is good!

Ok thanks for the info I'll look for those as well thanks gabe for the heads up

NIZZLE's Orange Honey Cream Ale

image-3069109772.jpg

Man, what'd you make this with? Tastes like stale @$$. ;)
Just kidding, good job Niz!

NIZZLE's Orange Honey Cream Ale

Man, what'd you make this with? Tastes like stale @$$. ;)
Just kidding, good job Niz!

Well when I made that batch I did not have any toilet paper that week so. bwahahaha :-D glad you like it the wifey actually helped me with that one.

NIZZLE said:
Will do it's going to be fun. Oh and I'm working on someone's trade just trying to grab a few more ;-)

Ha! I'm trying to squeeze a few more in too! Looking forward to it!

Just bottled a 2 gallon batch of blonde that I forgot about. (split 1gal growlers ages ago with 2 different proprietary yeasts back when I was still testing them for style) 2 years in the basement on a shelf. I was wondering where my 1gal growlers were.

Drinking the last half bottle flat. Not as hoppy as it once was haha. Kind of one dimensional at this point. Oh well it frees up my growlers.

Dude, it's like Fight Club.

Are you saying thats a bad place to go?

No, I'm saying the first rule of Cantillon is not talking about where you get it. I haven't had it since it was a shelf beer when I was a whippernsapper. Thought I was going to have some on draft Saturday, but the keg blew before I made it there.

Cheers man, might have to crack one of those myself!

I see Stillwater stuff in NC some, but those damn Ed Hardy labels have always bugged me. Did have premium on draft and really enjoyed it.

Might hafta open one of yours next. The more sour beers I drink, well, the more sour beers I drink. I can't drink fancy like a madman for 5 days and then go cold turkey.

Unless you talked to the person who does the beer ordering, (some girl...I wanna say Carrie? Or something) chances are the regular employees had no idea what you were talking about.

They used to carry it with regularity. About 18 mo ago I stopped seeing it on the shelves. I inquired when they were getting more and they said "no idea, probably never". I go in there regularly and haven't seen it. Was in there probably 3 weeks ago at the latest and didn't see any.

I'm not saying some could have come in recently but I wouldn't get your hopes up. But, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Back