What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tyzippers said:
That happens consistently with you I've noticed! :-D

I wish I could say you're wrong, but you're definitely right. :D

Now on to ice cream. Does this count as drinking since it melts in your mouth?

image-610360103.jpg

Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip

Unless you talked to the person who does the beer ordering, (some girl...I wanna say Carrie? Or something) chances are the regular employees had no idea what you were talking about.

They used to carry it with regularity. About 18 mo ago I stopped seeing it on the shelves. I inquired when they were getting more and they said "no idea, probably never". I go in there regularly and haven't seen it. Was in there probably 3 weeks ago at the latest and didn't see any.

I'm not saying some could have come in recently but I wouldn't get your hopes up. But, I hope I'm proven wrong.

Naw I'm not doubting you or getting my hopes up it happens hear in Michigan all the time ya we got that drive their and nope we haven't had that in months I don't care either way it's a work related trip that I'm able to take the family on and get paid so it's a win win for me cantillon or not just figured why I'm out of town I might as well try to get as many good beers as I can ;-)

I see Stillwater stuff in NC some, but those damn Ed Hardy labels have always bugged me. Did have premium on draft and really enjoyed it.

Might hafta open one of yours next. The more sour beers I drink, well, the more sour beers I drink. I can't drink fancy like a madman for 5 days and then go cold turkey.

Pretty sure my stuff won't hold a candle to all the ridiculous beers you had this weekend, but maybe they'll help ease the transition :)

Ditto on those labels. Similarly, Hoppin' Frog labels irk the crap outta me, especially if you're plunking down $20+ on BA Boris or Doris.

allenH said:
HB Coffee Brown. Last beer of the night, my drinking buddy already quit on me.

Your drinking buddy is toasted.
That's what I look like after tequila. ;)

Had these two tonight the tommyknocker surprised the hell out of me been in the fridge since Christmas time, amazing chocolate porter will pick up next years for sure. The three heads ipa was pretty tasty nice mellow ipa for a Sunday lol

image-1859751964.jpg

WesleyS said:
I really need to pick some of that up.

It has an awesome after taste. It's not terribly sweet but does have notes of maple syrup. It will make any stout incredible as well.

It has an awesome after taste. It's not terribly sweet but does have notes of maple syrup. It will make any stout incredible as well.

Also the perfect addition to black coffee.

I'm just a huge fan of it in general. As a matter of fact I'm drinking some now, neat.

Channel66 said:
Also the perfect addition to black coffee.

I'm just a huge fan of it in general. As a matter of fact I'm drinking some now, neat.

The perfect addition to black coffee is more black coffee. ;)

Yeah, with all this talk about the maple crown royal I need to pick some up this week. I definitely think I'll like it.

Yeah, with all this talk about the maple crown royal I need to pick some up this week. I definitely think I'll like it.

I love Crown but I found the maple version hideous. Might be good for breakfast if I wanted drunken pancakes.

Currently drinking my version of Kansas City ice water.

One or two ounces vodka
One once rum, in place of gin
Three ounces of sweet and sower mix, in place of lime juice
Juice a wedge of lime into the serving glass and leave the wedge for garnish.
One ounce simple sirup, because I like it and the sweet and sower mix is not sweet enough for me.
Seven Up.
I sometimes add some fresh mint if I have extra from the garden.

Throw everything except the lime and Seven Up in a shaker 3/4 full of ice. Shake it up good. Give it some extra shakes if you used fresh mint. Strain it into a glass of crushed ice. Juice in the lime wedge. Top with Seven Up and give a quick stir. Careful they go down quick and can catch up to you fast.

Having some coffee, while thinking about doing another brew day, since I have to stay up all night to be rested for work tomorrow night. Maybe I'll just have another beer, and do a starter for a Saison I have planned...

My American Amber, finalizing grain bills for pick up from lhbs on tuesday. Gonna try a sour stout a la Tart Side. Using Victory Storm King recipe slightly modified. And my first saison also.

ForumRunner_20130701_003507.png

Coffee and a "hot and spicy" breakfast sandwich from dunkin. Is it too much to expect something marketed as hot and spicy to hurt a little when I eat it? This is just sad.

Channel66 said:
Coffee and a "hot and spicy" breakfast sandwich from dunkin. Is it too much to expect something marketed as hot and spicy to hurt a little when I eat it? This is just sad.

I hear ya. I love spicy food and I'm always disappointed when I order food that's supposed to be spicy and its not anywhere near spicy.

You mean to tell me that I'm the only one drinking sh!tty coffee at work this ugly Monday morning?

No, I'm with ya, except for the work part. I got called in to work all weekend (on 2 hours of sleep, no less), so I'm taking a mental health day today.

+1. I'm usually disappointed when I order "hot & spicy" stuff from major fast food chains. Either my taste buds are so desensitized that I need a whole habanero on my burger to register any heat, or they're trying too hard to keep their spicy stuff accessible to everyone for fear of lawsuits or customer whining.

Amen. Unfortunately it's marketed to the lowest common denominator milquetoast who thinks anything stronger than ketchup is hot. :confused: I saw this advertised on TV this morning as I was getting ready and actually laughed at the TV figuring it would be weak.

Latest posts

Back