What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Father's Day gift to myself, a 12pack of this. Love this beer, especially when I can get it for $13/12

ForumRunner_20130616_153543.jpg

had a Goosetown from Schell's. now my Simcoe Pale. had an awesome father's day. brewed 8.5 gallons of Munich Helles and finished by 11:30. had lunch at the in-laws. they got some "apple pie" brats. got to take a nap today. it's been pretty darn good.

Guess I'm starting to see where you all are talking about DFH. I'm having a rising bines and I'm extremely disappointed. I had one when they were fresh and it was decent but I had two other bottles sitting in the fridge and decided to have one tonight and there is a weird smell and taste to it not sure if my pallet is still off from yesterday or of it really is just that bad

image-2037507920.jpg

Another hop notch. I was gonna grill some steaks, but the weather's turning to sh*t, so I'll have to settle for broiled.

Another hop notch. I was gonna grill some steaks, but the weather's turning to sh*t, so I'll have to settle for broiled.

If it was me I would save the steak for tomorrow but I would never settle for a broiled steak MO though cheers

20130616_195442_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

My BIL came over to get some special yeast, he brought a 6 of his light American lager. Not bad for what it is.

Not sure where to go first. Excluding the Saranac root beer (that's for the wife). And the Petrus Aged Pale (that's for the cellar). And considering I'm not a major hop head I don't know why 8 bottles/cans of Imperial IPA seemed like a good idea.

I do that from time to time too. I'm more of a Belgian guy, but every now and then I go nuts on hoppy beer

Not sure where to go first. Excluding the Saranac root beer (that's for the wife). And the Petrus Aged Pale (that's for the cellar). And considering I'm not a major hop head I don't know why 8 bottles/cans of Imperial IPA seemed like a good idea.

Have you had Hoptimum before? It's bitter, even for an IIPA.

Now onto a sour saison. First bottle from the batch. A year and a half in the making. Mmmmmmm tart and funky.

20130615_164948_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Hey gabe, how much strawberry and rhubarb did you add to that one you made? And when did you add it?

Have you had Hoptimum before? It's bitter, even for an IIPA.

I have not. People seem to enjoy it, so figured I'd try it. I think I'm going with the Bluebird Bitter first.

Still waiting on stuff to chill a bit, so in the mean time gravity sample of my Petite Saison. May or may not drop another point or two (7 days into primary), but as of right now, sitting pretty at 1.003 and 3.9% ABV.

Now onto a sour saison. First bottle from the batch. A year and a half in the making. Mmmmmmm tart and funky.

20130615_164948_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Hey gabe, how much strawberry and rhubarb did you add to that one you made? And when did you add it?

I did a berliner with strawberry rhubarb, 2lbs berries and 1lb rhubarb per gallon in secondary. I've got 10 gallons of base ready now, I just need to make room to rack it over and get some fruit. Haven't played with fruit in a saison yet.

Yeah. It still ended up tasting good. Just not as good, haha.

Laugh or call me sacreligious, but try a skillet or a flat top griddle sometime.

I brewed the Landlord clone about three and a half weeks ago, bottle it last wednesday, and drank my 8 oz tester bottle tonite. It was carbed pretty well, and pretty awesome. I hope it's still this good in 10 days, when it goes into the cold.

I did a berliner with strawberry rhubarb, 2lbs berries and 1lb rhubarb per gallon in secondary. I've got 10 gallons of base ready now, I just need to make room to rack it over and get some fruit. Haven't played with fruit in a saison yet.

Laugh or call me sacreligious, but try a skillet or a flat top griddle sometime.

Oh okay, I've fruited saison before was just curious about your ratio, I've got one of my first few farmhouse open ferment saisons that is ready for fruit, thought the bug profile would taste great with straw-rhub. Thanks! :mug:

And I cook steak in a cast iron skillet all the time. I can second that.

I have a grill pan, but it makes our tiny apartment really smokey and we have an infant.

I am in NC for the next few days for work. I tried Bell's Two Hearted Ale at the Flying Saucer in Charlotte today and was pleasantly surprised. Very easy drinking and tasty. It was definitely a nice change from the hoppier and more bitter IPA's that are typically available in San Diego.

In spite of the Rogue-bashing thread to which I just responded, I'm finishing another XS Dead Guy.

It's good beer. Not blow-my-mind GREAT beer, but good beer. It does, however, have the best bottles (ceramic flip-top) known to mortal man. Therefore, I have to buy them wherever I find them.

Not sure what to make of this. Hoppy Scottish Ale is about right (in that it has a little bit of hop character). In any event, I dig it.

by the end of the night you'll be putting on old records & moon stompin'. we used to call that Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. hahahahahahahaa!!

My 8.8% IIPA. Was only supposed to be 7.5%. Wound up with 12 gallons instead of the intended 10 gallons. I love these kind of mistakes. Hopefully they will continue.

TNGabe said:

I fully endorse what this man says. A cast iron is a great way to cook a steak.

Latest posts

Back