What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's certainly bitter. It's been a while since I had an IIPA. I remember why. Tasty enough tough, and definitely bitter. And also bitter.

20130616_214437[1].jpg

Enjoying some Great Lakes beers outside their distribution area, thanks to a generous friend. Just had a Burning River. Now a Commodore Perry.

Channel66 said:
If you have time go check out the allagash brewery in Portland. Also there is a beer bar in the old port called novare res. Worth a stop.

Ill try and get that in. Suppose to be raining the next 2 days so maybe I can talk the wife into it.

Brewery Vivant Contemplation. Wow what complexity, keeps changing as it warms. I would love to see what its like a year from now.

Edit: it just went from honey upfront to fuuunky

ForumRunner_20130616_221027.jpg

Brewery Vivant Contemplation. Wow what complexity, keeps changing as it warms. I would love to see what its like a year from now.

Edit: it just went from honey upfront to fuuunky

You like? I thought it was great but that's how vivant rolls :)

Agreed. If I can't grill it, it's going on my cast iron griddle!

If you can get a hold of some good fresh tuna steaks, brush them with some olive oil and dredge them in a good steakhouse rub, then sear them on a nice hot iron skillet. Outside should be carmelized/cooked, inside should be cool & raw. Slice and serve - freaking amazing. Excellent with a dry red wine.

Thunder_Chicken said:
If you can get a hold of some good fresh tuna steaks, brush them with some olive oil and dredge them in a good steakhouse rub, then sear them on a nice hot iron skillet. Outside should be carmelized/cooked, inside should be cool & raw. Slice and serve - freaking amazing. Excellent with a dry red wine.

Next time I can afford some quality thick cut tuna steaks, I'm doing that! I'll have to hit up Wholey's in the Strip District in Pittsburgh and see what they have to offer!

xMalachi said:
I fully endorse what this man says. A cast iron is a great way to cook a steak.

Couldn't agree more. I heat that sucker up scorching hot and sear the outside then finish in the oven at 400 with a slab of butter on top. Damn.

my 3rd home brew i ever made... from about 2.5 years ago? good god... i'm glad i stuck in this hobby and learned... tastes like stale ass

Rivenin said:
my 3rd home brew i ever made... from about 2.5 years ago? good god... i'm glad i stuck in this hobby and learned... tastes like stale ass

Lol... Only the finest of HB can handle 2.5 years. I'm glad things turned around for you ;)

Ghandi Bot. Hoppiest beer I've ever had - both in flavor and aroma.

Played this game on my birthday recently. Went back through a bottle each of 7 or 8 of my first batches, with some interesting results. Some surprising ones turned out great (an amber kit that was 2 years old and one of my first actually was still hanging in there strong, no hop flavor to speak of but very smooth and not overly oxidized) and there were also the inevitable awful ones, including one that must have gotten an infection when I bottled from the keg that is without a doubt one of the worst things I have tasted. It was a fun experiment, and I second being glad I stuck with it, and also learned from my mistakes.

Having a Sierra nevada pale ale.... And saving these below for later

Also does anyone know where to get Good beer on Long Beach Island NJ... Either bar or bottle shop... It doesn't seem like a craft Beer town thus far

ForumRunner_20130617_132006.png

Had one of my dark hybrid lagers after a successful brew day. Gotta make a run for the middle son's b-day & get more beer & vodka. Back & hips hurtin,but was good to be done & pitching yeast by 2:42pm...

LoloMT s Honey Citra

Wow amazing job! Aroma is of citra hops and honey and the taste is out of this world. I never thought I would like honey malt and citra paired this much. Great work

View attachment 128002

Awesome I'm glad you liked it mewithstewpid! I took 2nd place in the IPA category with this beer last weekend in a local homebrew comp. I was one point from 1st place in the overall when they tallied up all the score cards as well. I won a plate chiller for 2nd overall & a bag of 2-row for 2nd in the IPA. My BGSA brewed with honey ended up taking 1st place in the belgian category and I scored a Corny Keg for that. Now I need to find me some 3726-PC to get a funky saison going now that it's getting up to 80-90 outside.

Congrats to jdboes his Strawberry blonde got 1st place in the "specialty" category. :tank:

Just bottled all my Skeeter Pee in growlers, had just enough of Blackberry Lemon SP to fit in this convenient 32 oz mug, figured Id drink it instead of toss it. After all it is a searing 77° here on the banks of Lake Michigan ;D

ForumRunner_20130617_161323.jpg

Back