What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brooklyn Black Ops and then a Dogfish120. Nice selection of good beer released this week before all the students come back to town.

Cranberry lime skeeter pee after a 2 hearted clone and a half bottle of cabernet.. nine out of 10 dentists agree....yelp, I been drinkin again.

Just finished a Sam Adams Holiday Porter. Nice and malty, better when it was 5 min out of the fridge rather than an hour out. Some porters get better as they warm up but not this one. Still, nice hop finish... although the aftertaste is a little bitter.

Again, nothing. Can't sleep and a beer would be great. For that matter, 2 fingers of Irish whisky would be awesome.

mikeysab said:
A growler of Mikeller/Three Floyds Boogoop. Also picked up a Southern Tier Choklat, Brooklyn Black ops, DFH Pearl Jam and some more Wells bombardier. I hope I don't drink it all tonight.

The southern tier is so intense I think you'd struggle to get through all that! Last bomber I had of it took about 3 hours to drink haha

I was texting with our son while I was talking to you folks last night. He told me about some new craft beers Giant Eagle has now. So he took my wife shopping & what not. He knows we generally don't like the usual stouts,way too roasty/burnt sort of flavor.
But not this time. He had her get me the Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout.WOW! A true holy shnikeys moment! Smooth roasty coffe flavor coming through. I was a bit curious with you folks talkin about it so much. Damn,that's good! That 6'r might not last til this evening when we get together for our beer,video quality time. If you don't do that with your wife,gf,etc,then try it. It's really a bonding moment almost as good as sex. Tells me she really cares when I'm not just slippin her the ol' salami.
But dang,this milk stout is crazy good! Stouts sure have changed in the last ten years!

Old Rasputin XIV. I never thought it would actually be worth spending that much on one bottle of beer.

Oh how wrong I was.

phenry said:
Old Rasputin XIV. I never thought it would actually be worth spending that much on one bottle of beer.

Oh how wrong I was.

And the addiction starts :)

That's exactly what happened to me except it was with Rochefort 8

And the addiction starts :)

That's exactly what happened to me except it was with Rochefort 8

How much do those usually run? I've been looking out for any Rochefort but so far have been unsuccessful finding any around me.

I've been completely fine dropping ~$9-12 on 750's from breweries like Ommegang and Boulevard, but doubling that was a whole new step for me.

A few leftovers from last week's overnight hike

DSC00978.jpg

Airborneguy said:
Dogfish Head Faithful Ale, because even though I'm rooting for the Lions right now, I'm always faithful my Packers!

Ya like it? Had one last night. I think I'm done with DFH. Raison is the only beer I've liked from them

For me, just split a black ipa from a fellow hbt'er. Real nice beer, even though I'm not an ipa fan. Well balanced, slightly roasty, smooth bitterness. Oddly, it tasted like my own black ipa. Hope he sees this.

Now I'm onto a Southern Tier Choklat. Love this beer

My year old,well maybe 11 1/2, All summit partial mash IPA. not bad for my first-ipa it taste almost just like a NewHolland mad hatter ipa,and i gave that about a 85%,not my favorate but pretty sessionable 5.2%- hop aroma was very slight floral nextto nil(didnt dry hop or do large amounts of aroma hops either),with a mineral water very slight ester, light carmel/toast light malt sweetness mild citrus hop flavor and a good roof of the mouth bittering with lingering grapefruit bittering and light sweet malt clean finish.Perfect carbonation,good head great lacing.Im making this again. Perfect bittering but seems maybe more like a pale ale though,but probably an ipa technically.
**** i should have posted up a pic. Oh well it was clear and a light/medium golden color.

HokieBrewer said:
In Norfolk va for a wedding. Killians there and high life back at the hotel with friends. Hey, its free.

You should have gone to the Taphouse.

I'm having a banana bread beer. It's different I'll say that.

Olde burnside brewing co Dirty Penny ale ( black and tan). First time with the dirty penny, always been a fan of ten penny ale but I think I like dirty penny better! Coffe, roasty, smoth

All organic pale ale- this turned out unbelievable, i may have to post the recipe.I havent had a slightly sweeter pale ale like it ,its like sweetness up front,bittering in the back-strangley delicious. 2 months bottled and ive liked it since 3 wks- i still think it has age potential.I still have hope of awesome beer without being to technical about everything.

I'm to lazy to take a new pic.

Do you think this would still be good on room temp shelf for a year.I have access to this but have hesitated.Ive never had it and wouldnt justify it sitting as is either. I have no idea why i havnt picked this bomber up yet, and contiue to try ones i already have tried ignoring this. I think im probably getting this tomarrow,now autolized or not here i come.

Done with the Choklat. Next up is a Brooklyn brewery Black ops, but I"m not sure I want to drink it yet though. When I bought it, I was told it's real boozy, and that would bother me to drink a 24 dollar bomber and not be totally satisfied. I'm wondering if I should put it to bed for a year and drink some Wells bombardier. Anybody here tried the Black ops? What's your opinion?

I'm drinking a Warrior Amarillo IPA. When I first kegged it, it had a funny taste. I have since drank 10 gallons of other beers while this one has sat in the fridge. Now it is extremely drinkable... very smooth!

Latest posts

Back