What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1651F45B-4E00-47B9-AB9A-781B08DA49AA.jpeg

Not what I was planning on doing today but stopped by hardware store and they're stop selling Kamados. Good prices but a ton of accessories over half off. Soooo, I planted a shade garden last year and thought it was perfect. This adds to the feng shui plus I felt an impending hernia from rolling it around the woods to the back of the house. Not sure the deck can take it.

Im regretting not getting the Big Joe for only a couple hundred extra but eh.
IMG_20230505_163817.jpg
IMG_20230505_164008.jpg

Hit Treehouse on the way home. Have a triple Breakfast Shake. Pick up a pork butt and I'm toast
IMG_20230505_142400.jpg

Last edited:
Yea. Iv
That’s pretty cool. You check out the Youtube videos of their trip to Australia & New Zealand?
I've watched a couple. I really like the Data Set vid as they compared yeast strains and were pretty open about variances. I picked up the Eclipse Project as I've liked what little ipas I've tried that used it were good. During the pandemic it was great as Trillium did a bunch of virtual meetings and raved about the Pacific hops coming.

My take on Schneider’s Love Beer Weisse. It’s 50% German Wheat, 30% Sekado Bohemian Pilsen and 20% Swaen Light Munich. Mashed with the same temperature rests that Schneider uses, with a single decoction, and WLP-351 Bavarian Weizen. This is the style I had in Germany at 16 years old (35 years ago!!) and it was the style I wanted to learn how to make. There’s one step I never tried until this batch- skimming off the top or “top cropping” the protein and hop particles once fermentation kicks in. I was nervous about opening my Brewbucket lid four different times to do it, but the results are more than worth it.
The beer has no rough edges at all and is noticeably more refined. I’m sold. Glad that new White Labs Pure Pitch pouch can be used for more than one batch, I’m going to run thru this one fast.

Back