What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real Moose Drool with a short pour of my HB version. After a couple of weeks in the keg it’s really hard to tell them apart.
48DDEBB7-A5C4-4BCA-942C-AC2805D61F2B.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0638.jpeg
Cold and rainy so why not pull some cellar beers & make them big stouts?
Naples Brewing Co. is a local place in a small podunk town I drive through during the summer months to get to the family property for weekend camping trips with my girls. Not a single intersection light in the town. I like to stop in and get some of their beers to support local. The distillery is in the same town and burnt down shortly after this beer was released. This stout is well done but it has a strong smoky/peaty character to it that I don’t care for. I wonder if they have more bottles left this summer if I can get another one and age it for years to see if it mellows out.

Layed back in the rv enjoying a couple Titoinis

20230502_174519.jpg

I never thought I would like Jalapeños and garlic stuffed olives, who knew? My son gave me a jar of stuffed olives with Jalapeños and garlic. They are really good in a Titos Martini. Not quite as good as Redmont Vodka but Titos is the best I can find in Florida.

I agree. I got a bench capper and took care of that problem. Also, I find it much easier to use.🍻
Funny..haha? ...story. The 1st Pliny clone I ever made was being bottled by a much more naive home brewer. I was using what ever bottles available. Got one but I could feel the capping not "snapping" so I pressed harder. It broke. Surprised me of course. My wife was right there and her eyes got huge. My thumb was gushing blood as both the capper AND bottle broke leading to 14 stitches. Needless to say that was my learning experience using properly beveled bottles but also my interest in kegging. In the end, that was the best beer I made at the time...so all was well!

Needed this bottle to complete the process. Thanks to my son coming down we at least got the wall up. Big storms coming. See how it goes....

PXL_20230502_232426225.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230502_230527406.jpg

Dad passed on May the 4th last year so watching Rogue One as a prequel. Thanks for the Nebraska glass @camonick! Means more than you know!

HB Helles w/popcorn -real butter - powder cheese.

View attachment 819047
Glad you enjoy using it. I remember talking with you about brewing a Helles. Did you make your own recipe or use a published one?
OT
HB Pilsner
IMG_0629.jpeg

Glad you enjoy using it. I remember talking with you about brewing a Helles. Did you make your own recipe or use a published one?
OT
HB Pilsner
View attachment 819112
It was a pretty basic recipe I found online but added corn since IDK what brings to the party, sweetness I guess. I think the important part was the water profile. Very low in chemicals.

Did some brewpub remodeling with an HB WCIIPA

PXL_20230503_021500206.jpg

Hazy Trident/El Dorado DDH Pale Ale

Not fully carbonated yet..but has some candied fruit aroma, little bit of citrus as well, also present in the body. Finish is…decidingly boring, not sure why or how I might go about fixing it. Either for this or next attempt.

Still going to drink the living bejeebers out of it until it’s gone, just wish it was “better” ya know?

IMG_7965.jpeg

Buddy came over to pic up some HBs for the get together. Had several. Time to chill in the brew pub.

The picture is my grandma from 1930s. She was a beautiful person. Both sides were handsome ergo, I pretty damn good looking for my age of 55!! 😁

PXL_20230503_034422465.jpg

Last edited:
Back