What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of brewing a clone of this....
1682642111138.png

Lol I think you are setting yourself up to question your very existence. I love them both and would never choose one over the other.

So I picked…what I can only assume are good representations of each style and put them against each other last weekend.

Pilsner Urquell & Spaten Lager

If you believe the history each professes…they created their respective styles.

In any case, the decision was pretty immediate. I’m feeling fairly confident at this point that I don’t care for pilsners.

Friend just finished cop school, so we enjoyed a fair bit of homebrew and a bottle of bubbly last night

View attachment 818640
View attachment 818641
^ before I swiped the glass off the table - oops
View attachment 818642
Not 100% sure I believe this, but my co-worker has a son who's a Shariff in California that has worked every single day for 6yrs and makes $300k/yr with all the overtime and double time money.

Had some PhP EJ this morning after work. Playing hooky tonight so pic's are on their way.

Not 100% sure I believe this, but my co-worker has a son who's a Shariff in California that has worked every single day for 6yrs and makes $300k/yr with all the overtime and double time money.

Had some PhP EJ this morning after work. Playing hooky tonight so pic's are on their way.
Cali? Underpaid!

Last edited:
Just kegged my 1st Helles. It should be around 5.5% but will check the numbers. some grainy and slight clove flavor. Should be perfect for our warming weather.

Cheers to @camonick for the yeast suggestion. No diacetyl rest needed with 34/70!

The obvious name is " The Dawgs of Helles" but we'll see..

PXL_20230429_024641687.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

View attachment 818754A can from a friend. Seeing @ThirstyPawsHB making and/or enjoying some lemoncello & this beer having it has now peaked my curiosity to make some too for the summer.

I looking at modifications again. Next round will have only 1/2cup down from 3/4 of sugar in 750ml. After a couple of glasses, the tongue will burn so adding baking soda at .1tsp/750ml.
PXL_20230429_052409175.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back