What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cerveja Colorado Cauim - a Brazilian pilsner, very nice and a bit sweet. I've enjoyed all the beers from this particular brewery - I even hear it is available in the States now.

image-736425429.jpg

staticmap

93 degrees here in the great north woods. I'm dying so while I install my AC I'm sucking down some homebrew blonde

Just unplugged my ferm cabinet, letting my saison and quad ramp up.

Thats doesn't sound like 90 degree weather beer at all.:confused:

It's not at all but it's been aging awhile and I was scheduled for a taste of it.

I don't usually let the weather dictate my drinks. It's a wheat beer isn't that what we're supposed to drink in the summer?

Drinking our Hoppily Married, 4.7% ABV, while working on a 4 liter starter for the next batch and the wife is singing to the sound track from Cadillac Records.

Just unpacked a gigantic beer bomb from the nizz.

image-55956707.jpg

We do have a man down though. :(

image-722574160.jpg

Everything was pack so well, I'm not sure why it broke.
You went above and beyond on this one Nizzle. I can't wait to start drinking! Thanks a bunch man!
After working up a sweat unpacking all that, I'm starting the night off with this one courtesy of my parents. Having parents that live in Chicago has its benefits.

image-826146896.jpg

IPA aged in French oak foudres.

Drinking the Bearded Pig Pilsner at Blue Tractor BBQ and Brewpub in Ann Arbor. Pretty good, especially with the hot weather and delicious BBQ.

image-2911379328.jpg

Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina.
It's a cross between an abbey dubbel and a saison, open fermented with brett added at bottling. Not very familiar with Belgians, this is very good.
You guys never told me that once the cage is removed, the cork can come out at anytime. That was close to being a mess.

mcbaumannerb said:
Oh look - you have a red Coq now too! ;)

Yep, there's a Coq in my picture now. I guess now I'll see why Ostomo and Nizzle love Coq so much. ;)

You went above and beyond on this one Nizzle. I can't wait to start drinking! Thanks a bunch man!
After working up a sweat unpacking all that, I'm starting the night off with this one courtesy of my parents. Having parents that live in Chicago has its benefits.

Damn it I was really hoping the howler made it to :( but oh well at least the most important stuff made it ;)

WesleyS said:

Dang dood...

Started with 21st amendment bitter American. Then evolution craft brewery summer session. Ale. And gonna finish with troegs flying mouflan

bottlebomber said:
Dang dood...

I know. Does Nizzle know how to hook a brutha up, or what?! I must point out that a good portion of those were "extras" that he threw in. He definitely went above and beyond with the awesome Michigan brews.

View attachment 125526

Saint Somewhere Lectio Divina.
It's a cross between an abbey dubbel and a saison, open fermented with brett added at bottling. Not very familiar with Belgians, this is very good.
You guys never told me that once the cage is removed, the cork can come out at anytime. That was close to being a mess.

Glad you were ready. Is there a year on the cork?

tyzippers said:
Nice freakin haul! I'm not even allowed to legally purchase that much beer at one time in PA!

Well, I'm sure it's for your own good. The government really does know what's best for us. ;)

One of my last odell red! Mellowing before trip to the black hills tomorrow! Got two south dak breweries on the agenda that sound pretty good!

What have you decided? I've only had it twice, but I love that beer. So much that it's the only clone I've attempted. What's the batch number?

Batch #3, August 2012. I liked it - I need to try more Brett beers I think, maybe some less fruity ones! Not 100% sure on the kumquat. SWMBO loved it. Really loved it. So I imagine I'll buy it again for her, even though it's pretty heavy on the wallet for me at nearly £15 ($23ish) so it won't be common.

Currently drinking an Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA which I've never heard of but the picture of the bear/moose hybrid on the front made me laugh so I bought it. Ragin' ***** for the missus.

ForumRunner_20130531_232344.png

TNGabe said:
Glad you were ready. Is there a year on the cork?

I don't see a date anywhere. I'm going to assume its pretty young, they were coming off the truck when I pulled in today. Saint Somewhere is a really small brewery, the manager of my bottle shop said if you stop by on a bottling day, they will put you to work and pay you in beer.

I know. Does Nizzle know how to hook a brutha up, or what?! I must point out that a good portion of those were "extras" that he threw in. He definitely went above and beyond with the awesome Michigan brews.

Well my mama always said if you're going to do something do it right the first time plus I just love to share beer getting beer in return is just a bonus. Oh don't forget to leave feedback please. enjoy the beer ;)

Edit: I call that a NIZZLE bomb bwahahaha :D or as Billy would say nuzzle :p

Nice freakin haul! I'm not even allowed to legally purchase that much beer at one time in PA!

Well, you just have to buy 192 ounces, pay for it, take it out to your car. Then you can go back inside and buy another 192 ounces. That's what makes that law so asinine.

Batch #3, August 2012. I liked it - I need to try more Brett beers I think, maybe some less fruity ones! Not 100% sure on the kumquat. SWMBO loved it. Really loved it. So I imagine I'll buy it again for her, even though it's pretty heavy on the wallet for me at nearly £15 ($23ish) so it won't be common.

Currently drinking an Anderson Valley Hop Ottin IPA which I've never heard of but the picture of the bear/moose hybrid on the front made me laugh so I bought it. Ragin' ***** for the missus.

View attachment 125529

I like the Hop Ottin, in fact most AV beers have been pretty solid.

Drinking an Old Dominion Hop Mountain PA ... has more hop aroma and flavor than I was thinking would be there. Not bad ... TGIF all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 86
Amarillo Pale Ale only bottled it about 12 days ago but it's carbed nicely and has good head retention. Tastes great too. Drinking his while I'm about to boil my ruination clone!

ForumRunner_20130531_175037.png

DisturbdChemist said:
Drinking ballast point- victory at sea in moarn for WestlyS loss..

It's a shame when something breaks in transit.
I think I'm going to blame it on LoloMT. ;) He jinxed it by saying he hopes all the Dragon's Milk bottles broke. Well, they survived, but sadly something else didn't. Atleast it wasn't full of beer. That would've been an even greater loss.
Now I'm drinking another IPA.

image-1171386495.jpg

image-3816260897.jpg

Mankato Stickum! This is a solid brew! Nice deep amber color with nice malty backbone and subtle hop crispness!

Latest posts

Back