What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a lead on some galaxy hops? I am all out and would like to run a conan/galaxy combo in my upcoming brew.

Oh and round 2 while I contemplate my next beverage.

image-1647426959.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Its on the summer list for my fiancee and I, Ill be in hog heaven!!

I enjoyed it. I only wish I could've ordered some food when I went. They have some unique things on their brewpub menu. Next time I go, I'll have to take my time and not be rushed by the wife.
Wives, they have to ruin all the fun. ;)
I made up for it though by visiting Two Brothers brewery twice and bringing back an obscene amount of beer from our trip.

Anyone have a lead on some galaxy hops? I am all out and would like to run a conan/galaxy combo in my upcoming brew.

Oh and round 2 while I contemplate my next beverage.

Farmhouse has Galaxy intermitenttly and new crop Southern Hemisphere pellets are out soon, but Galaxy is the new super cool hops and might not be available to homebrewers for a while.

mcbaumannerb said:
2X is good, but if your searching you should try to get the Unearthly IIPA.

Southern Tier is just starting to distribute here in Louisiana but ill keep my eyes open

TNGabe said:
Farmhouse has Galaxy intermitenttly and new crop Southern Hemisphere pellets are out soon, but Galaxy is the new super cool hops and might not be available to homebrewers for a while.

Thanks for the info TnGabe. I will keep my eye on them as they start hitting the market. I forgot about the seasonal difference. You the man.

Been drinking a ton of these the last few nights..me and Oskar have been getting along just fine. :)

image-3839643588.jpg

Nuke, you sir have something special here. This beer smells amazing and tastes amazing. My assumption by the label is Imperial Red. If so, you win on the best red I've ever had by a long shot. Commercial or otherwise.

View attachment 125330

:mug: Thanks for the high compliment. I'm having a bomber of it myself tonight. You are correct that it is the imperial red. As far aroma and taste it fared pretty well when put up against Troegs Nugget Nectar, which inspired this brew. It's a few percent higher ABV, though. 10.5% for mine versus 7.5% for NN.

Attachments

• 20130530_220000.jpg
    20130530_220000.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 92
nukebrewer said:
:mug: Thanks for the high compliment. I'm having a bomber of it myself tonight. You are correct that it is the imperial red. As far aroma and taste it fared pretty well when put up against Troegs Nugget Nectar, which inspired this brew. It's a few percent higher ABV, though. 10.5% for mine versus 7.5% for NN.

I'll gladly take the recipes for this and GB if you're willing to share :)

A guilty pleasure while I plan a partigyle brew, a IIPA followed by an APA. The IIPA gets Columbus, Simcoe, Amarillo, and Citra. Thinking Cascade and Centennial for the APA

ForumRunner_20130530_192851.jpg

dude hook a bratha up! :tank:

I'll head to the bottle shop this weekend and see if they have any. I'm not sure about that particular beer's release schedule, but I'll look. On a coincidentally related note, I just noticed that ST posted on FB that the OA Unearthly has been rated 99 on RateBeer. Nice!:mug:

Founders All Day IPA. it's very "bright" tasdting. maybe it was the 90, maybe the rose hips saison, or maybe I have a slight buzz. bit it tastes "bright" to me. like I should have saved it for Saturday's lunch. I kinda wanna brush my teeth with it. and not my fake ones either. I'm gonna spit out my chew for this one. I'm giving you all a little TMI for this one beer. perhaps I'm rambling. taen si sdrawkcab gnipyt. get some. what.

I'll head to the bottle shop this weekend and see if they have any. I'm not sure about that particular beer's release schedule, but I'll look. On a coincidentally related note, I just noticed that ST posted on FB that the OA Unearthly has been rated 99 on RateBeer. Nice!:mug:

Well, I should have looked before I posted this, but according to ST's website, the OA Unearthly is a March Limited Release. I'll call around and see if there's any left anywhere, but seeing as how it's 2 months old, I'm not liking the chances.

Billy-Klubb said:
Founders All Day IPA. it's very "bright" tasdting. maybe it was the 90, maybe the rose hips saison, or maybe I have a slight buzz. bit it tastes "bright" to me. like I should have saved it for Saturday's lunch. I kinda wanna brush my teeth with it. and not my fake ones either. I'm gonna spit out my chew for this one. I'm giving you all a little TMI for this one beer. perhaps I'm rambling. taen si sdrawkcab gnipyt. get some. what.

Ereht did uoy tahw ees I.

New Belgium La Folie sour brown. The sourness eclipses the flavor of the beer, although this is by no means the sourest thing I've had in my mouth (leave that one to your filthy imaginations). I like sour stuff - every time I have a bag of Sour Patch kids, I'll save all of the reds for the end, and then eat the sugar-stuff, leaving a fully empty bag - but if I'm spending what I did on a bottle of beer (okay, it was $3.50, which isn't so outrageous), I want a multitude of flavors. If it had been cut with a non-soured batch, it might have been a much better beer; but it wasn't, so I can't give my whole-hearted recommendation.

Tomorrow, I shall have a Lagunitas Lucky 13. It looks promising. Maybe I'll find another ceramic bottle of Rogue, somewhere in Madison. I've been buying them as I find them, and the city has run out.

New Belgium La Folie sour brown. The sourness eclipses the flavor of the beer, although this is by no means the sourest thing I've had in my mouth (leave that one to your filthy imaginations). I like sour stuff - every time I have a bag of Sour Patch kids, I'll save all of the reds for the end, and then eat the sugar-stuff, leaving a fully empty bag - but if I'm spending what I did on a bottle of beer (okay, it was $3.50, which isn't so outrageous), I want a multitude of flavors. If it had been cut with a non-soured batch, it might have been a much better beer; but it wasn't, so I can't give my whole-hearted recommendation.

Tomorrow, I shall have a Lagunitas Lucky 13. It looks promising. Maybe I'll find another ceramic bottle of Rogue, somewhere in Madison. I've been buying them as I find them, and the city has run out.

Whatever you do don't drink that lucky 13! You should send it to me to dispose of properly :D

I'll gladly take the recipes for this and GB if you're willing to share :)

Well, per the instructions of the brewer, I'm supposed to be keeping the GB recipe on the DL, but I will PM you with the Critical Mass recipe.

Right now I am having a delicious coffee stout courtesy of xMalachi. Great roasted coffee notes with a little chocolate and caramel.

20130530_224000.jpg

I'm not sure if it's just me or my crap-tastic day, but the Founders Red Rye PA I just had tasted a bit average. I kinda feel like I didn't do it justice. Maybe I need to do that one again after a decent day...

So I'm going to bevmo in the morning what kind of beer should I buy? I like dark but not to dark. I also like nutty to. I'll try anything once. Any Ideas.

Yup Big Red Coq after wolfing down a Dutch dinner I made tonight of Prei soup with Lyden cheese and side of Gehaktballen, fabulous!!!

ForumRunner_20130530_230402.jpg

Latest posts

Back