What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
Well, I'm sure it's for your own good. The government really does know what's best for us. ;)

Yeah no doubt! All beers and beer drinkers are equal, except a few are more equal than others!

I think I got an old bottle - nor much flavor. I guess I'll find a way to power on though. :D

image-2467962783.jpg

Well I actually kicked both my taps and I have two lagers and two ales not ready so I was kind of ****ed. However, for a nominal fee a local brewery is filling one of my corneys with a spectacular lager. So by this evening it will be Linden Street Urban Common People's Lager.

It's a shame when something breaks in transit.
I think I'm going to blame it on LoloMT. ;) He jinxed it by saying he hopes all the Dragon's Milk bottles broke. Well, they survived, but sadly something else didn't. Atleast it wasn't full of beer. That would've been an even greater loss.
Now I'm drinking another IPA.

At least it wasnt full of delicous beer. It alway suck. Ups and fedex are horrible with packages. I picture them as ace ventura in the first movie. Now wes I need to find what glass i should bring tomorrow

NIZZLE said:
Having a big red coq right out of the the big red can :D before I'm off to work. Until 3:30am

So........you're putting that Coq directly in your mouth?
;)

DisturbdChemist said:
At least it wasnt full of delicous beer. It alway suck. Ups and fedex are horrible with packages. I picture them as ace ventura in the first movie. Now wes I need to find what glass i should bring tomorrow
Yeah, I know. I'm still wondering if its better to just not put fragile on the box. I think it puts a target for extra abuse.
I'm still not sure wether I want to bring my can shaped glass tomorrow or buy a different one.
You can never have too many! Well, my wife might say otherwise.

image-282860397.jpg

Cigar City Homefront IPA. Another beer aged on an odd wood where all proceeds go to charity. The last charity beer I had was Moat Water, they aged an imperial sweet stout on maple vaneers from a local skatepark. This beer is aged on Louisville Sluggers (yes, the baseball bat). It's damn good.

Yeah, I know. I'm still wondering if its better to just not put fragile on the box. I think it puts a target for extra abuse.
I'm still not sure wether I want to bring my can shaped glass tomorrow or buy a different one.
You can never have too many! Well, my wife might say otherwise.

I think you can have too many. Look at my cabinets pages back. Also the bartender here at the exchange gave me another :drunk:

DisturbdChemist said:
I think you can have too many. Look at my cabinets pages back. Also the bartender here at the exchange gave me another :drunk:

Yes, I agree, you may have too many. ;)
But, if I was single, that's probably what my cabinets would look like.

I'm warming up a Lagunitas 13 right now. As soon as the head calms down, I'll tell you how it tastes.

Well, it's down. It's bitter, but not overly bitter. It has some flavor of hops, but again, not too much. It has some sweetness, but yada yada yada... It's a nice beer. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

View attachment 125545

Cigar City Homefront IPA. Another beer aged on an odd wood where all proceeds go to charity. The last charity beer I had was Moat Water, they aged an imperial sweet stout on maple vaneers from a local skatepark. This beer is aged on Louisville Sluggers (yes, the baseball bat). It's damn good.

Our local brewery, Sly Fox, released theirs last Frisay. I'm pretty sure they're all done from a common recipe too. It was pretty good (I was just bumbed I couldn't get a growler of it.)

mcbaumannerb said:
Our local brewery, Sly Fox, released theirs last Frisay. I'm pretty sure they're all done from a common recipe too. It was pretty good (I was just bumbed I couldn't get a growler of it.)

The guy at the bottle shop said that a few breweries were doing the same beer. It's pretty damn good

Edit* 9 different breweries are making this beer. CCB, Sly Fox, 21st Amendment, Stone, Left Hand, Freemont and some others. Looks like Left Hand dumped theirs and is re brewing it (hopefully it's wasn't all 55bbls they were making).

This is so good. I'm getting a huge pineapple aroma. How have I not had this beer before?

ForumRunner_20130531_183706.jpg

drinking a wild turkey burbon and cola because my pilsner hasent become rocky-mountain (my freezer) cold yet.

allenH said:
The guy at the bottle shop said that a few breweries were doing the same beer. It's pretty damn good

Edit* 9 different breweries are making this beer. CCB, Sly Fox, 21st Amendment, Stone, Left Hand, Freemont and some others. Looks like Left Hand dumped theirs and is re brewing it (hopefully it's wasn't all 55bbls they were making).

Perennial out of St. Louis does it as well. Very good IPA in my opinion.

I'm in a much better mood today so I had some fun with the pic! Anyway, all this Southern Tier talk last night made me thirsty for a new Pale Ale from ST called LIVE. 4 hops and 4 grains. Very nice. Real nice hop flavor and nice malt character. I like it!

image-1513643177.jpg

Think I like this better now than the one I tried when first released, think its been in my fridge the last nine months. Although I wasnt that big on it, I know kinda like it. It holds up to being interesting and different for a II Ipa. But I dont really care for the cat $hit box aroma in the background from the other room,darn boys not doing their chores. Warpm warmp,whaaaaaaaaa..

stone 16th anniversary.png

Found myself some Flower Power, among other things, during a little pay day jaunt to an awesome shop about 45 min from me. I literally made a tiny noise of joy out loud in the middle of the store when I saw the distinctive label peeking out from the back of the bottom shelf.

20130531_202500.jpg

HB Black Pepper Saison and my Ankle-biter IPA. Dropping off a bottle of each tomorrow for the Brooklyn Wort comp. First comp entries! Not expecting much, mostly interested in the feedback.

Robust porter I bottled a few weeks ago...I don't think I mixed up the priming sugar...
going to taste one every week.

Latest posts

Back