What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was the belgian version of it. Its good neither-the-less. I know I wont find any when it is release friday (plus no beer buying for a while). Nice belgian character to it and nice bitterness and medium hop presents. The yeast probably hide most of the hops

And you didn't share :-(

I am nose deep in a tall boy of my Dawson's Red, from a NB extract kit. Wooooooooooo!

image-2741136482.jpg

WesleyS said:
What do you think about it?
I thought it was a bit too sweet.

I liked it but it definitely wasn't my favorite hefe. Rogness brewing makes a Belgian style called Bella that is damn good. Have you tried that one yet?

DisturbdChemist said:
Because i got the connection lol. Got a growler fill at a place on waugh. I had a growler of the hop delusion too which is amazing and far gone. Cans hit shelves monday I think. Good kolsch.

That is exactly what my parent say too lol. Houston needs a meadery. Glad you're enjoying it. The NHC judges did think so but F them :ban:

Have you found out who has the love street summer today? Called the specs by my place and they didn't get it in.

dteague said:
I liked it but it definitely wasn't my favorite hefe. Rogness brewing makes a Belgian style called Bella that is damn good. Have you tried that one yet?

Haven't tried that one yet. I've been meaning to try Rogness, just haven't done it yet.

Having a 2+ yr old all-Wheat extract orange/corriander beer. Used dry Munich yeast-guess thats where some of the sweetness comes from 1.10 FG<--seems sweeter than that, I guess I get the "maltiness" that that yeast enhances-I would swear it seems I used some crystal malts with it but it was straight LME wheat extract malt.For some reason it reminds me of an oktoberfest beer. Which is probably a good thing,now I know what to use for an Oktoberfest which Ive never made yet.Even though it should be a lager?

Has some malty/mineral orange corriander aroma with some mild earthy herbal from belgian cascades. Used oxygen caps-they work well. Spicey from a chinook bittering. Great beer for getting more sun than I should have today.

Next up: A founders All day IPA from last year. Liquid supper and some raw vegetables. And some locally grown asparagus-make way for some stinky pee.

Edit: All day IPA session ale-bottled 6/20/12- wow this thing is still pungent almost @ 1 yr-I did have it in the Beer fridge. Excellent. Only if I could "session" it slower.

DisturbdChemist said:
There is a whole bunch at specs downtown. Next time pick one up. Worth It

Yeah, I saw they have quite a few styles from them. I'll just have to work my way through all of them. ;)

DisturbdChemist said:
There is a whole bunch at specs downtown. Next time pick one up. Worth It

Yeah I've still yet to try all of them but plan on doing so soon. I noticed they are kinda over carbonated or maybe it was just the Belgian I bought. Tasted phenomenal thoigh

WesleyS said:
Yeah, I saw they have quite a few styles from them. I'll just have to work my way through all of them. ;)

Are you going to be out at the Houston brew fest in a couple weeks?

Odd Side Citra PA while my bottle shop selections chill, they were all outta Oskar Blues boooo!!! So got Shorts new limited run Beard of Zeus, all Zeus IPA with bitter orange and a hint of peach

ForumRunner_20130520_205150.jpg

dteague said:
Are you going to be out at the Houston brew fest in a couple weeks?

Probably not. I thought about going last year and then decided not to. I thought about it again this year, but will most likely not go.

nukebrewer said:
Just got done with 3 hours of $hitty calculus homework and I am now ready for a beer. Truth be told I was ready for a beer a while ago, but the calculus sucked me in and made me its biatch.

I loved calculus!! Ok. I lie. But that's a nice reward, or so I hear. I've never had the Bot. Someday...

Just got done with 3 hours of $hitty calculus homework and I am now ready for a beer. Truth be told I was ready for a beer a while ago, but the calculus sucked me in and made me its biatch.

I always enjoyed calculas. I know im weird but science and math always clicked with me

Tonight has been:
Lucid Duo
Lucid Duce
Boom Island Witness
Harriet Brewing Sol Bock
SN RuthlessX2
SN Torpedo X2

Shorts Beard of Zeus all Zeus IPA with bitter orange peel. Its weird almost savory at first then the Zeus hops just smack you in the face but the peach and orange is there in a good way. Get it if you can, only 350 cases in all of Michigan!

ForumRunner_20130520_213136.jpg

Edit: thats swmbos 32 oz mug of Corona Familiar in the back

First time with this gem and oh my I don't know how they were years past but its pretty tasty on this hot and humid day

image-3530067992.jpg

I know math and science go hand in hand, but I love science and hate math. I understand and enjoy scientific concepts, but the math behind them eludes me.

I just love math because it a definitive answer not like English (which I hate) is opinionated. Its simple and just amazes me

Swarley88 said:
Tonight has been:
Lucid Duo
Lucid Duce
Boom Island Witness
Harriet Brewing Sol Bock
SN RuthlessX2
SN Torpedo X2

That's quite a night! ;)

Latest posts

Back