What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaydog2314 said:
Been a good date night with SWMBO had.l a bucket of Lagunitas IPA at the brew and view followed by a trip to Tap House and Grill where we drank on tap Hopslam, Artic Panzer Wolf and SN Hoptimum. Good thing we live close by!

Sounds like a great night!

Finishing the bottle of DisturbdChemist's orange cinnamon mead. Sad to see the bottom of this bottle. Great stuff!

Watching Inglourious Basterds. This and Pulp Fiction are the only two Tarantino movies I've been able to watch all the way through.

Django is really good. And DC's mead is good, too bad we usually end up drinking it at the end of the night.

Swarley88 said:
Current night line up,

Harriet Brewing Sol Bock
Indeed Brewing Midnight Ryder
Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
Ruthless Rye
And more Ruthless all night long. No work tomorrow so its a challenge to finish these 12 Ruthless.

12 Ruthless Ryes in one night? I'm sure in your head you've already said "challenge accepted!"

tom_gamer said:
Django is really good. And DC's mead is good, too bad we usually end up drinking it at the end of the night.

Didn't see Django. With a young kid, my wife and I hardly make it to the movies now days. I usually just wait for things to come on cable.
As far as the mead from DC, I'm glad my wife doesn't really drink. I've had these two bottles all to myself and enjoyed every bit of it.

Finishing up the bottle of DisturbdChemist's orange cinnamon mead.

image-1877867228.jpg

Still watching Inglourious Basterds. Anyone else think the actress that plays Shosanna is hot? Anyone else think Diane Kruger is frikkin hot? Anyone else think that Christoph Waltz plays a great bad Nazi guy? Anyone else think this is one of Brad Pitt's best roles? Anyone else think this is alot of questions? Anyone else think this post belongs in the Drunkin Ramblings section? ;)

WesleyS said:
Finishing up the bottle of DisturbdChemist's orange cinnamon mead.

Still watching Inglourious Basterds. Anyone else think the actress that plays Shosanna is hot? Anyone else think Diane Kruger is frikkin hot? Anyone else think that Christoph Waltz plays a great bad Nazi guy? Anyone else think this is one of Brad Pitt's best roles? Anyone else think this is alot of questions? Anyone else think this post belongs in the Drunkin Ramblings section? ;)

Yes.

and I'm drinking a Weyerbacher Double Simcoe. Third time with this. Each time I've wanted more on the nose, but this time I'm really enjoying the resiny mouthfeel and bitterness on the finish. I've got no complaints.

Finishing the bottle of DisturbdChemist's orange cinnamon mead. Sad to see the bottom of this bottle. Great stuff!

Watching Inglourious Basterds. This and Pulp Fiction are the only two Tarantino movies I've been able to watch all the way through.

Both great movies.

HessenHelles said:
WOW!!!!!!! I wish I could get this locally.

That's one I'd like to try one day. I wish I would've known about them last time I was in FL.

Now, after finishing Disturbd's mead, I'm on to my HopSMAC DIPA. Gotta kick one of my kegs might as well be this one.

image-2288664242.jpg

Mmmmm.....don't you love it when 10.2% ABV is undetectable. ;)

My Oxymoron IPA, an IPA made with Belgian yeast (actually rescued from a bottle of Pranqster). Belma and Citra hops. The more of this I drink, the better I like it. A great quaffable bottle conditioned pale ale, if I do say so myself (and I guess I do). :mug:

Oxy.jpg

My Oxymoron IPA, an IPA made with Belgian yeast (actually rescued from a bottle of Pranqster). Belma and Citra hops. The more of this I drink, the better I like it. A great quaffable bottle conditioned pale ale, if I do say so myself (and I guess I do). :mug:

What's your take on belma hops? Haven't tried them but have a lb waiting

I'm having Guiness extra stout mixed 75/25 with Lindemann's kriek. This is the only time I remember liking the lambic, this is good. Wes, you are drunk my friend :drunk:

Just took the first pour off my shiny new perlicks I just installed on the kegorator. Need to pick up some screws to get the stainless drip tray installed now.

ForumRunner_20130519_212513.jpg

What's your take on belma hops? Haven't tried them but have a lb waiting

Well, they seem to be very controversial. I think they are a good aroma and dry hop. They are definitely fruity. Some say strawberries but I think more melon. Very soft. Combine well with others. Not a big punch of hoppiness, a subtle fruity flavor and nose. To me, they add something nice and I don't get the grassiness some have reported. For bittering on this beer I used Magnum. Nice and clean. That's my take.

I just got a few of them myself, from my brother who lives near the bruery. Like the red, very complex flavors but not too much if you know what I mean. I haven't had any others. Enjoying my hb Saison. What else you got?

Only Bruery ive had has been Tart of Darkness. And that was fvckin phenomenal.

Billy-Klubb said:
I don't know, but if you make it down to 15th St. Tavern, tell them I'm almost sorry I puked all over their bar. they should never had tried to feed me Red Bull. :rockin:

So I walked by, and the building is literally gone. Vacant lot. They must have decided to raze the building instead of cleaning up the vomit!

bottlebomber said:
I'm having Guiness extra stout mixed 75/25 with Lindemann's kriek. This is the only time I remember liking the lambic, this is good. Wes, you are drunk my friend :drunk:

That sounds like a pretty good combo. Although, I'd have a hard time mixing something with the kriek. I actually enjoy it quite a bit.

Drunk? Last night? Really? ;)

image-2645414286.jpg

Refreshing after running to keep up w my two wheeling 8 year old.

Wish I would have picked up more than a 6pk.

So I walked by, and the building is literally gone. Vacant lot. They must have decided to raze the building instead of cleaning up the vomit!

wouldn't surprise me a bit. I once puked on my dads lawn and nothing would grow there for a little over five years. Moose Drool, Jager, Jello Shots, and Yukon Jack. and before I passed out, I told my friend I was gonna brain him with a shingling hatchet if he touched my step niece.

DisturbdChemist said:
Having a yet to release Bufdalo Bayou - More Cowbell. A DIPA that doesnt have a label yet. Mmm...

How is it? That's pretty cool they sent one home with you.

How is it? That's pretty cool they sent one home with you.

I think it was the belgian version of it. Its good neither-the-less. I know I wont find any when it is release friday (plus no beer buying for a while). Nice belgian character to it and nice bitterness and medium hop presents. The yeast probably hide most of the hops

Latest posts

Back