What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HM cider
IMG_20221213_165547.jpg

HB club stone beer lager hydro sample.

The recipe was out of Jamil's book, the smoked robust porter, or whatever the hell its called. Swapped all the smoked malt out for marris otter, then we split it three ways. One with S04, one with S05, and this one with S23. The guy doing the S04 left it warm on the yeast too long and developed a strong bandaid polyphenol. The S05 turned out fine, but had too much charcoal flavor. This is the lager and it turned out pretty good. Much less charcoal than the S05, but definitely noticeable.

20221213_195613.jpg

I forgot how much blowing snow sucks. Nice and sunny here in SW Florida.

Snow is okay. I’m young enough to be the snowblower if I need to be. Ice though. It rained down here for two and a half days straight but thankfully temps stayed around 35. Up north I think I was hearing 20-30inches.

I just need the new jackass neighbor to start moving his vehicle away from my driveway. I’m on a main road to the hospital so it’s plowed often and his keep is keeping my driveway full. He gets one more chance until I bury it. And his little electric blower will take more effort than mine.

Snow is okay. I’m young enough to be the snowblower if I need to be. Ice though. It rained down here for two and a half days straight but thankfully temps stayed around 35. Up north I think I was hearing 20-30inches.

I just need the new jackass neighbor to start moving his vehicle away from my driveway. I’m on a main road to the hospital so it’s plowed often and his keep is keeping my driveway full. He gets one more chance until I bury it. And his little electric blower will take more effort than mine.
Yeah, I kid about the snow. We’re in Florida (again) with daughter and her twins and SIL. We come down from Maryland several times a year. Our daughter-in-law texted from home today that school was called off due to icing conditions.

I’m sure my snowblower will get a workout after the holidays when we return. Got a few neighbors actually older than me who need an assist with their driveways, and my 2-stage 10hp tracked drive beast makes short work of the heavy lifting.

Yeah, I kid about the snow. We’re in Florida (again) with daughter and her twins and SIL. We come down from Maryland several times a year. Our daughter-in-law texted from home today that school was called off due to icing conditions.

I’m sure my snowblower will get a workout after the holidays when we return. Got a few neighbors actually older than me who need an assist with their driveways, and my 2-stage 10hp tracked drive beast makes short work of the heavy lifting.
My FIL gifted us his old snowblower when he upgraded. It’s an absolute unit, I can’t believe how much snow I used to move with just a shovel.
Heavy snow brings out the best and worst in folks. There are the people that go out of their way to help everyone, and those that can’t be bothered to even shovel their own steps so the mailman doesn’t die, or won’t walk an extra ten feet to ensure driveways get plowed.

More on topic: having another voodoo ranger and cleaning up. I underestimated my new chiller (cuss scylla) and ended up hopstanding a bit cooler than normal. Whoops.

Latest posts

Back