What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Scotch Ale. First pint from the keg.
00E5C69B-FEBF-4A3A-9E44-36A10F143596.jpeg

love the glass how is the beer never had one?
The glass was a flea market find. I got 5 of them, 4 Budweiser and 1 Coors, for $2.50 each. A Dunkelweizen is a dark Hefeweizen. I use equal parts 2 row and wheat and a little chocolate and black barley to color. Noble hops to 20-25 IBU. It’s a good, simple beer, one of those darker beers that doesn’t taste dark.

HB Dunkelweizen after replacing the battery in the ‘08 Hyundai that we leave at the city house. I thought I had replaced the original at some point but when I removed the dead one it was the original, factory battery. Never had an automotive battery last 14 years.
0FFAEB20-3E43-4ADE-A50C-C7F11B250342.jpeg

Beer #3 of "Oh, you decided to turn all of your work in at the end of the semester? And half of it is copied from another student? Stellar, kid, just fantastic."
HB Flanders Red. Everyone in the 12BOC2022 got a pint as a bonus bottle this year. Hope it isn't too tart, it was a solid year aging on oak and house culture bugs.
IMG_3818.JPG

Back at the house. Bayern Dragon’s Breath Dunkelweizen (The label calls it a “Dark Heff Ale”). A little darker than my HB but tastes quite similar.

Legend has it that the name came from an employee who said, after sampling a pilot batch, “We should call this ‘Dragon’s Breath’ because that’s what you’ll have the next morning if you drink more than three of these”. ;)
A3C74676-085A-45E2-A64B-49C9262F44A6.jpeg

Back at the house. Bayern Dragon’s Breath Dunkelweizen (The label calls it a “Dark Heff Ale”). A little darker than my HB but tastes quite similar.

Legend has it that the name came from an employee who said, after sampling a pilot batch, “We should call this ‘Dragon’s Breath’ because that’s what you’ll have the next morning if you drink more than three of these”. ;)
I love Bayern!

Drinking a Duchesse Chocolate Cherry with the wife, it's one of her favorites.

Don't kids know about AI being able to regenerate these papers as something original? I'm starting to lose faith in the future.

OT: speaking of which the interwebs reminded me it was abt12 Day. This and anise cookiesView attachment 807715
Great beers, love this glass!

Don't kids know about AI being able to regenerate these papers as something original? I'm starting to lose faith in the future.

OT: speaking of which the interwebs reminded me it was abt12 Day. This and anise cookiesView attachment 807715
My favorite is when they use the AI and it only switches every other word for a synonym. So half of it's plagiarized and the rest makes No sense whatsoever. Makes for a lot of laughs in the faculty lounge.

Back