What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup

image-843923484.jpg

Boooo! ;) Last time I had it was at the Fox and Hound when we met, but based on that experience Hopadillo is far superior. I'll give it another shot next time I am in town, but I don't have high hopes.

You should. One of the best beers I have tried had been rodeo clown. It was kegged and tapped that same day. I had pretty much the first beer from the keg... It was magical

Having my Belma/2-row SMaSH. I don't know why I am just now realizing this, but Belma really reminds of noble hops. I feel like Belma would go great in a pilsner. If I liked pilsners I'd give it a shot myself, but since I don't I don't think it's worth the time.

I love hop bombs, but a well crafted pils is great too. Love Urquell and I'm so happy my neighbor has a freezer set up as a fermentation chamber so I can explore lagers. They will never be my preference, but they can be great in their own way!

Drank my customary last half-full bottle of Kolsch after bottling it, then popped open the bottle where the neck chipped while capping (rather consume than risk a bottle bomb).

Tastes like Kolsch to me. But wish I'd picked up a bigger stange. It's smaller than I thought. With head, it isn't going to hold a full 12 oz bottle. Oh well.

20130218_003632[1].jpg

My new Grapefruit IPA after only 6 days in the bottle. Needs a bit more carbonation but it is tasting very nice. A very clean and simple IPA with a nice grapefruit kick in the finish. Even with the light carbonation already has nice lacing and a reasonably clear reddish amber hue. I'm likin' it!

nukebrewer said:
Boooo! ;) Last time I had it was at the Fox and Hound when we met, but based on that experience Hopadillo is far superior. I'll give it another shot next time I am in town, but I don't have high hopes.

I've had it a couple times since then and enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong, though, Hopadillo is great too. :)

nukebrewer said:
I just poured my strike water into my MLT to pre-heat. I was enjoying this while heating it up.

Whatcha brewing Nuke? I was going to brew today, but postponed it til Wednesday. Hopefully I can make it a double brew day. The first batch will be a Belgian IPA with Sorachi Ace hops and the second will be a Double IPA.

Whatcha brewing Nuke? I was going to brew today, but postponed it til Wednesday. Hopefully I can make it a double brew day. The first batch will be a Belgian IPA with Sorachi Ace hops and the second will be a Double IPA.

My NHC entry for American Amber Ale. It's a variant of the Kiwi Red Ale recipe. Instead of all Motueka for late boil and all Nelson for dry hopping, I'm doing a blend of each for boil and dry hopping. I also changed the 60 min addition of Nugget to a FWH addition of Citra. It's also slightly darker than KRA, but only by a fraction of a degree. I am very excited for this one.

Does it taste like the real thing? With the camera flash it looks kind of off, but I imagine without the flash it's the spittin' image of Heady.

Does it taste like the real thing? With the camera flash it looks kind of off, but I imagine without the flash it's the spittin' image of Heady.

It's close. That glass is bad, it's think and I smudged it up messing with the gas. Color's a tad light, flavor is too citrus forward, but it's a very similar DIPA.

nukebrewer said:
My NHC entry for American Amber Ale. It's a variant of the Kiwi Red Ale recipe. Instead of all Motueka for late boil and all Nelson for dry hopping, I'm doing a blend of each for boil and dry hopping. I also changed the 60 min addition of Nugget to a FWH addition of Citra. It's also slightly darker than KRA, but only by a fraction of a degree. I am very excited for this one.

Sounds like its going to be tasty!

DisturbdChemist said:
Trying something new from Austin. Good, I'm always hesitant to by IPAs because I always get screwed. This bottle not super fresh but at least it has hops.

That's from the AHS owner's brewery, right?
I was gonna check them out next time I go to Austin.

I don't have my notes in front of me but if memory serves I used wlp565 saison I. I got the recipe awhile back from a BYO issue.

Thanks! My buddy has all the BYO recipe books, I'll have to look for that one.

How many nightcaps did that make? 4?

Just did my first Motueka brew and have a pound coming from labelpeelers. Nelson/Citra is my favorite hop combo and I think Motueka will compliment it very nicely. Bet it will go great with Galaxy, too.

Petite saison. Gotta say not a fan of kegged saisons. Just seems to be missing something without the second fermentation.

Following Schlafly's instructions to enjoy within 1-2 days ;) Vanilla Milk Stout in case you were wondering.

image-2538954193.jpg

AHS' Honey Hibiscus Wit. I'll be glad when these are gone, but I'm too much of a professional to pour them out...
Before that, a Southern Tier IPA. Now that's a good beer.

petey_c said:
AHS' Honey Hibiscus Wit. I'll be glad when these are gone, but I'm too much of a professional to pour them out...
Before that, a Southern Tier IPA. Now that's a good beer.

Professional what?

Just did my first Motueka brew and have a pound coming from labelpeelers. Nelson/Citra is my favorite hop combo and I think Motueka will compliment it very nicely. Bet it will go great with Galaxy, too.

I'm very excited to see how Citra plays with the Nelson/Motueka combo that I already know I love. I have yet to brew with Galaxy, but I'd really like to get my hands on some. Based on the description I can see it going great with NZ hops or any of the fruity American varieties.

Couldn't decide. I was going to have my first Clown Shoes beer but decided on Hopus Moderandi. I want to like it so bad but I think freshness is playing a huge factor in this one.

View attachment 102220

Is that a typo or the name of a clone brew? Or is it a commercial beer with a confusing name?

I'm very excited to see how Citra plays with the Nelson/Motueka combo that I already know I love. I have yet to brew with Galaxy, but I'd really like to get my hands on some. Based on the description I can see it going great with NZ hops or any of the fruity American varieties.

Got mine from Farmhouse. 8oz limit. Couldn't find it anywhere else for a decent price. I'm not paying $3/oz.

Latest posts

Back