What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Deep Ellum Cherry Chocolate Stout

image-1459835324.jpg

Founders Centennial IPA. I almost had this on tap @ Old Chicago until they informed me it was out.Didnt surprise me. But ended up getting a Anchor liberty pale ale cuz its been so long and that surprised me as I never knew I liked that one before-pretty bitter too but went pretty good with their Turkey burger. And at one point I was first drinking it I had thought maybe they gave me a SN pale ale instead. Until I realized that it was definatly lighter in color than a SN.

So with Founders- I had to go reminiss and get a sixer,its been a long time.So long that I forgot what it was like. Definatly more on the maltier side; unlike a two hearted, than I remembered. Love the centennial ipa's though. Fo sho's.

And whats up with Centennial-type? I got home from my lhbs a few months ago after purchasing "centennial" hops only to find they were "type". I felt a little raped. Columbus/Cascades are still good though. But still... a little rapeage not telling me,maybe? Not surprised knowing my lhbs, I always feel a little abused after getting home from there, whether its prices or best by dates or even brewhouse efficency-ha. Yeah I blame them, I swear I brewed with 4 #base malt instead of 5# from their repackaged big ziplock bags for my 2.5 gal batches. Turns out it was not them after filling one of those ziplockbags myself (maxxed out) with 5#. I dont think Ill use that particular base grain again though- but thats also under investigation.

Oaked Arrogant Bastard.Enjoy by 4.23.13. Which is my brothers B-day. I know he wont be drinking this,but I will. Tastes different to me now,maybe it is,maybe its me.Maybe its the oak.Maybe cuz I already had 3 beers.Maybe I dont want to go to work tomarrow. :) Maybe I had an epic brewing day?? You just never know...

TNGabe said:
Can't say you've been drinking all day unless you start in the morning. What yeast did you use?

I don't have my notes in front of me but if memory serves I used wlp565 saison I. I got the recipe awhile back from a BYO issue.

found my breakfeast beer my oh my this was amazing with my breakfeast dinner of dippy eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, and home fries.

capstout_zps4965d1bf.jpg

my little man was trying to learn early today lol:
little_zps9328c8aa.jpg

First bottle of Maris Otter/Falconers Flight SMaSH, its still green but I was too damn curious! But its pretty damn delicious now if I do say so myself. I can already tell Im gonna have to brew this again.

Back