What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a Hopslam while organizing the beer/wine fridge(mango wine in the corona bottles). The Hopslam was bottled 1/10 and I'm picking up more bitterness than I did last night when I first had it. Next up, my IIPA to see how it compares. Slainte!

ForumRunner_20130125_200215.jpg

Clown Shoes Hoppy Feet 1.5. It's very good but very boozy, probably should have started out with something less than 10%.

Yeah, that one'll get ya for sure. Great beer though.

I got very lucky stopping in a carry-out yesterday and finding this! :rockin:

Coffee notes - both aroma and at the end of a sip are outstanding.

That's an amazing beer, gotta couple the other day. I thought it topped FBS for sure, but I'm gonna sit on the other bottle and try again in a few months.

Enjoying some Head while waxing my snowboard. This stuff has impressed me more with the second can.

Dude, man, I am VERY jealous of you right now.

So jealous of the WnB fellas!!! Time to have another stout because I just said the hell with it and bought the rest of these on the shelf. Case and a half worth.

My god man!! And you people say that I have a problem. ;) No, really, not a bad beer to have an assload of.

Workin' on a nice li'l stout....

HPIM1938.jpg

Hopslam. Super ripe fruit/dankyness-yeah the aroma is all over your face pretty much. Sweet caramel/honeyness. Has more body than I remember it before,but think Im on the,- Its better this year train. Or am I just sayin that cuz this was bottled 15 days ago? Possibly not really bitter enough either? or as bitter as I remembered it. Definatley not complaining though. Unless they already do this,I almost think this is hopbursted this time.It shure is drinkable- my glass is empty and im thinking wtf?-now. And I thought it would be the last beer of the night....

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Yeah, that one'll get ya for sure. Great beer though.

That's an amazing beer, gotta couple the other day. I thought it topped FBS for sure, but I'm gonna sit on the other bottle and try again in a few months.

Dude, man, I am VERY jealous of you right now.

My god man!! And you people say that I have a problem. ;) No, really, not a bad beer to have an assload of.

Workin' on a nice li'l stout....

I had my first FBS the other day and thought it was great, but I agree with you, Wake-N-Bake is better. The problem with WnB is that it's a seasonal and it is hard to find around here. My local liquor sold out in 3 hours, I had to drive 60 miles to get my last 2 four packs.

Hopslam. Super ripe fruit/dankiness-yeah the aroma is all over your face pretty much. Sweet caramel/honeyness. Has more body than I remember it before,but think Im on the,- Its better this year train. Or am I just sayin that cuz this was bottled 15 days ago?

Didn't have last years, but I definitely agree with the aroma/flavor. Real tasty!

dryboroughbrewing said:
The last glass of my coffee oatmeal RIS. Nothing like standing on a snow covered deck making burgers on the barbecue, and having a beer... while not wearing pants.

Should've posted a pic of that, maybe put pants on first, but RIS+BBQ+snow=great pic.

image-941978896.jpg

Ballast Point Sea Monster. Another great beer from nukebrewer.
The beer in the background (Cigar City Moat Water) was just dropped off by SWMBO's best friend who wants me to make a clone for her wedding in December. Trying it tomorrow but I don't even know where to begin, imperial sweet stout with vanilla and coffee beans aged on maple wood. My head hurts already.

View attachment 96643

Ballast Point Sea Monster. Another great beer from nukebrewer.
The beer in the background (Cigar City Moat Water) was just dropped off by SWMBO's best friend who wants me to make a clone for her wedding in December. Trying it tomorrow but I don't even know where to begin, imperial sweet stout with vanilla and coffee beans aged on maple wood. My head hurts already.

Great ... now I have another stout to hunt down! ;)

I think you can do the Moat Water clone by just doing a milk stout and add vanilla and coffee (carefully.) While it is conditioning you could pull a few samples and add it to maple at various sizes/treatments and see where it goes. The biggest problem is you don't have a lot of time to punt and start over. Good luck! :mug:

I had my first FBS the other day and thought it was great, but I agree with you, Wake-N-Bake is better. The problem with WnB is that it's a seasonal and it is hard to find around here. My local liquor sold out in 3 hours, I had to drive 60 miles to get my last 2 four packs.

I think the aroma and finish on the WnB was superior ... but I think the FBS had a better mouth feel and initial taste on the tongue. I wish I could get enough WnB to do lots of side-by-side comparisons, but I doubt I'll get that lucky again. As it is, I'll probably let my 2nd bottle sit until spring and then give in! :D

Yeah, I got a buddy who was nice enough to send a couple. I may have another bottle or two in line if another buddy doesn't drink 'em first. Good good stuff, I can see why it went so fast.

Needed some hops after pizza and a stout.

HPIM1940.jpg

Chamuco said:
My crossed-eyed pig IPA

But you know I got in trouble today when WF had 20% off All Beer! That makes it almost affordable.

Is that your haul on the wire rack? If so I'd say trouble is a little optimistic ;)

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Needed some hops after pizza and a stout.

image-1039752983.jpg

You're killing me here!!
I'm just cranky because I'm still not drinking. I've felt too sick to drink for almost three weeks so I've only had two beers in that time period. And now I'm on antibiotics, so still no beer. :(
As soon as I'm better my beer fridge won't know what hit it. Will I start with the Hopslam, the Sixpoint Resin, Bear Republic Racer 5..........too many choices. I wish Wookey was one if them though.

bottlebomber said:
My folks just got in from Paris.. They brought me a load of macaron and some of this stuff. It's an apple brandy aged in oak. It's pretty frickin delicious

Those look delightful!

mcbaumannerb said:
Great ... now I have another stout to hunt down! ;)

I think you can do the Moat Water clone by just doing a milk stout and add vanilla and coffee (carefully.) While it is conditioning you could pull a few samples and add it to maple at various sizes/treatments and see where it goes. The biggest problem is you don't have a lot of time to punt and start over. Good luck! :mug:

I think I'm screwed on this one, just doing research it sounds amazing (100 on RB and 96 on BA). Coffee dominant in the nose, lays in the background on the tongue. Vanilla and maple play well with a definite taste of lactose. Superior mouth feel. I do have a 2.5gal set up, but the wedding is in December. No bottles allowed at the venue and they want bottles to keep until their anniversary. Will be asking for help on this one. .

Chainbreaker, now that Deschutes is finally available in Illinois. Not quite as bitter as I'd like for an IPA, but still quite tasty. Can't wait to try their other offerings.

You're killing me here!!
I'm just cranky because I'm still not drinking. I've felt too sick to drink for almost three weeks so I've only had two beers in that time period. And now I'm on antibiotics, so still no beer. :(
As soon as I'm better my beer fridge won't know what hit it. Will I start with the Hopslam, the Sixpoint Resin, Bear Republic Racer 5..........too many choices. I wish Wookey was one if them though.

That sucks bro. I got sick like that in Nov. Cold turned into bronchitis, didn't even wanna think about beer for a couple weeks. Hope ya get better soon. :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
That sucks bro. I got sick like that in Nov. Cold turned into bronchitis, didn't even wanna think about beer for a couple weeks. Hope ya get better soon. :mug:

Thanks man, I think another few days to a week and I'll be back to normal.
Until then you guys will have to continue to pick up my slack here.
Carry on.

Back