What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro sample from my Shorts Bloody Beer clone, its exactly where I want it. Racking onto spices tomorrow and on to lagering for a few weeks.

ForumRunner_20130125_155244.jpg

image-1492213799.jpg

First tasting of my latest Black IPA. Fantastic Simcoe aroma. Very tasty hop profile with a nice roasty finish. Definetly a winner.

New stuff to my area: Deschutes Chainbreaker white ipa-not bad-probably would make a wheat-hater double take.I didnt even know they used belgian yeast till I got done drinking the bottle then reading its side either.
Had a few takes of my Organic Fuggles IPA with wlp060 liquid american blend(first time)-til my significant other took hostage of it. 2 days in the fridge the chill haze was gone. 65 deg temps doesnt carb up dme primed beer too good but after almost 5 weeks I think and a week in the fridge its sufficiant but think it has further carbing to do. Any way the beer is a light copper/amber fairly clear and has a general fruitness and mild general herbal/grass hoppiness and nice carmel/mild toffe malt taste to it maybe a bit much for less beer than expected. Used about 7 oz 20-40-60 crystal for a 2.1 gal batch and 3 oz oragnic uk fuggles. I was expecting a 2.5 gallon though and lower gravity but this is a good 7%er with a clean finish. Thanks for listening.:) Oh heres a bad pic of it. Its actually the same color,maybe slightly lighter than an "old crafty hen" which I happen to be having now.

OH and had my first Lagunitas Sucks(Rocks!) sucks-rocks!- good. Thats probably confusing as hell but you need to feel dizzy any way right? That might be a good name for their next one Sucks-rocks!-whooops! I did it again,Britney. Doesn't surprise me though how good it is. Soo good and easy drinking,wow. Excellent beer.

0125031813.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
I got very lucky stopping in a carry-out yesterday and finding this! :rockin:

Coffee notes - both aroma and at the end of a sip are outstanding.

image-881321179.jpg

I'm going to have to join you on this one. This is the hardest to find, quickest selling beer in my area. I wish they made this year round.

Sam Adams Dark Depths. Not the best black IPA I've had, but not bad.

Ironic I'm watching the SVU marathon with my wife, as it appears you are too :off:

Oh, and I've seen DD in the store but always over looked it. seemed like for the price Wookey was a better call.

Watch users Larry's imperial(double) ipa. 8.5 abv but the hops shine through. Also have a deuce deuce of rising tide zephyr, but may save it for tomorrow's batch

Hydro sample of my first cider, damn its good! A little hot right now but all thats left is rack onto cinnamon sticks and later backsweeten. In the little time Ive been on this site Ive definately grown as a brewer thanks to you guys. Cheers!

ForumRunner_20130125_205520.jpg

Latest posts

Back