What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Fresh Hop Ale, 2nd release.

Say that 10 times fast LOL

Tonight we went out to a local "gastropub" and I sampled a New Belgium Lips of Faith Dandelion Ale, which I liked but don't think I could drink more than a pint of in one session. It's got a very floral aroma and sweet, floral flavor.

Next up was an Angel City Vitzen. I liked this one quite a bit; nice wheat flavor with distinct spicy esters.

Last beer I had before taking off was a Mad River Extra Pale. This one started off pretty good, had a decent aroma and very light malty flavor, but after a couple of minutes after the head died down I was getting a lot of what I'd swear was DMS aroma and flavor in it.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

beers_hopstoopid_maintemp-738110.gif

If you can figure a way to get me any, and i mean any brew to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, then i will be telling you what i am drinking, untill then i can only dream....

Right now - coffee.

Last night at BJCP Study Class:

Samuel Smith Taddy Porter (12A)
Sierra Nevada Porter (12B)
Guinness Draught (13A)
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout (13C)
Old Rasputin (13F)
Young's Double Chocolate Stout (21A)
Aecht Schenklera Märzen (22A)
Rogue Smoke (22B)
Allagash Curieux (22C)

Beliver Double Red Ale from Ninkasi Brewing in Eugene, OR

Aroma - Piney notes from the hops and bit of toasty caramel coming through. (9/12)

Appearance - Deep red, cloudy, with a big tan head that stays. Bottle conditioned. (3/3)

Flavor - Malty, bitter, caramely, toasty, hoppy all rolled into one. Balanced bitter, but all of the flavors compete for attention. It reminds me a little of Stone Arrogant Bastard, only not as bastardly. (16/20)

Mouthfeel - Thick and chewy, with good carbonation, not too much. Coats the mouth and tongue and hangs around a bit. Bitterness helps to dry this big beer. (4/5)

Overall - Very well done. Definately a double red. Big malt and hops balanced very well, if by balance you mean a thick, chewy, red IPA. It would be interesting to try this side-by side with Bear Republic's Red Rocket. (8/10)

40/50

A 15-year old simple mead-- the last surviving bottle.

-Steve

Nice! I hope its a special occasion. At least better than friday.

I am having a homebrew delerium tremens clone. Had a IIPA called redrocket and a bottle of yoopers 60 minute IPA (bumped up to 75 minute range) earlier.

Colorado State Fair homebrew judging was today. I drank a bottle each of my 3 entries to taste 'em as the judges did. Fingers crossed... they're all worthy IMO...

Duchesse de Bourgogne - a bit sweeter than the last 750 ml I had, but still refreshing. A nice pairing with the spicy tuna rolls and eel rolls I made this evening. :D

Duchesse de Bourgogne - a bit sweeter than the last 750 ml I had, but still refreshing. A nice pairing with the spicy tuna rolls and eel rolls I made this evening. :D
Spicy tuna sounds delicious, but eel . . . I'll bet it tastes like chicken?

How come every time I look in the "Right Now I’m Drinking" thread, you’re there with something good.
I want to be that guy. :cross:

unagi is delicious, but I like to pair it with something crisp and light, like my blackberry mead, also in my fridge. (I like it cold, leave me alone)

Mai Bock that everyone like but me, I have give it a month it's been in the bottle for two months, I have tried but I am giving it away, it's to sweet and to floral for me. I have learned from this brew. Oh well it's not infected, but it still is not what I am looking for.

How come every time I look in the "Right Now I’m Drinking" thread, you’re there with something good.
I want to be that guy.

Glad I can help. :)

Don't worry - I'll be punished for my extravagances this evening at the BJCP class when we're tasting Bud Light that has been doctored for the troubleshooting seminar. Yippee. ;)

Oh, and as for what I'm drinking? English breakfast tea, black. Need a little pick-me-up before I head out the door to do a 10 mile bike ride in about an hour.

Need a little pick-me-up before I head out the door to do a 10 mile bike ride in about an hour.
Damn, it takes you an hour to ride a bike 10 miles? In my younger years, I could have run that!

You better pedal harder if you want to burn off all that "Right Now I'm Drinking" beer. :D

Back