What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A six day-old Red Mild. Brewed Sunday, 5 July. 1.038 -> 1.006 in 3 days. Aged 72 hours! Still a bit cloudy, but quite drinkable.

My 5 Quarter American Stout. Dark chocolaty with strong coffee notes. And I had to take a picture of the pour! :D

Stout2.jpg

...Alternating between a sample of Hopacles '09 and Flyangler18's Berliner Weisse. Talk about opposite ends of the beer spectrum!

Drinking Yooper's anchor steam clone. This one is a bit different because I used all Crystal 120L instead of the normal 60L. Great beer. Also had a pint of my pale ale (based on Ed's but corrupted quite a bit) and this California Common of Yoop's is so much better. Yum yum yum. Drinking companions agree. One said "you could sell a lot of this".

Also sampled a Saison and it is quite tasty but still at 1.020 after many weeks. I think it is time to throw in some Safale US-05.

Sampling the Competition IPA.
Nose= Citrus Orchard
Initial taste= Amarillo and Willamette hops

Malty finish.

Results = Hell Yeah!

Drinking Yooper's anchor steam clone. This one is a bit different because I used all Crystal 120L instead of the normal 60L. Great beer. Also had a pint of my pale ale (based on Ed's but corrupted quite a bit) and this California Common of Yoop's is so much better. Yum yum yum. Drinking companions agree. One said "you could sell a lot of this".

Also sampled a Saison and it is quite tasty but still at 1.020 after many weeks. I think it is time to throw in some Safale US-05.

Steam style is so underrated.
My Steamed Marzen (aka WoW Brewfest [08] ) was a huge hit last year at Rocktoberfest.

Elysian Brew 2000 Imperial Avatar Jasmine IPA.

If you think the name's a mouth full, wait'll you try the beer!

Spaten Optimator Munich
WOW, This has been one of the biggest, most pleasant surprises in my beer tasting. I was automatically discouraged from the green bottle and almost didn't pick it up, but was buying as many different styles as I could at the shop (within budget). This was the last one from my mixed 6er and I'd saved it for last because I was expecting (completely unfamiliar with the style) a skunked pale beer based off the green glass bottle.
Instead, as soon as i started pouring I got excited. A rich dark golden pour turning to a full black/copper lager in my glass. This beer had a great aroma and taste. I would definitely pick this up again in the store and would not hesitate a minute to brew this style based off this one.

*edited for proper beer (was Munich not Dopplebock) and Picture to satisfy MeatyPortion.
Picture is not mine but same beer.
158104400_b417c56ed6.jpg

Damn your eyes, let's see some pictures! I'm reading all these wonderful posts with no eye candy to go with it. Have some pity on the guy who's in a dry country.

Philadelphia Brewing Company's Newbold IPA.

Pretty much a standard East Coast IPA, though a bit sweet for my tastes. Citrus and pine up front, but I find the hops fade too quickly and the taste is somewhat vegetal.

Disappointing.

Stone 13th Anniversary

It's a big red IPA. Some deep caramel, some toast, a little nutty and a ton of hops.

13th_bottle.jpg

Stone 13th Anniversary Ale

Edit - For anyone interested in trying to clone:

From the website

Alc/Vol. 9.5%
Starting Gravity: 22.5 degrees plato
Grain Bill:
Pale malt, a blend of various crystal and amber malts, and a touch of chocolate malt
Hop Varieties: Lots of Chinook, dry-hop is a blend of Simcoe and Centennial

“Big, red, and a hop monster!”
1. This is the first time we’ve ever released the Imperial/Double Red style.
2.We used more pounds of hops per barrel than any beer we’ve ever made. 3. We used Chinook hops in the brewhouse for bittering and flavor, then dry-hopped this beer with a 50/50 blend of Simcoe and Centennial.
4. As an added bonus, we then dry-hopped it again, just prior to filtering and packaging. That’s right, our popular double dry-hopped process, for the first time ever in one of our bottled beers!

Philadelphia Brewing Company's Kenzinger.

kenzinger.jpg

A fine Kölsch, much better than the Brewer's Alley version that I sampled during last evening's BJCP study class.

My miller lite clone made with sorachi ace mega-tri-hopped.

ML-Sorachi_Ace_004.jpg

Wht in the name of everything decent and holy(Including moses' underwear) would ANYONE want to clone a miller lite? Now dont get me wrong, i like a miller lite! But the **** is cheaper than bottled water, gasoline, or even paint thinner.

Cloning a miller lite is like goin down on your cousin, might taste the same but it still aint right.

Wht in the name of everything decent and holy(Including moses' underwear) would ANYONE want to clone a miller lite? Now dont get me wrong, i like a miller lite! But the **** is cheaper than bottled water, gasoline, or even paint thinner.

Cloning a miller lite is like goin down on your cousin, might taste the same but it still aint right.

I have a thread about this whole thing;
  1. I like to brew
  2. I am laid off
  3. I need to brew cheap
  4. Miller Triple hop commercials piss me off.
  5. I did it just to say I did.
Actually, I have made really good light summer lawnmower beer.

A truely wacked out triple hopped miller light is damned good. Not too bitter so its thirst quenching, late and dry hopped like a mofo for flavor.

2009_ML_Tripple_Hop_006.jpg

Its nothing like miller lite. Its basically a joke.

Sorachi Ace is a lemony hop so it makes the beer citrusy.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/how-triple-hop-miller-lite-clone-116893/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/miller-lite-really-triple-hopped-123937/

1. I like to brew
  2. I am laid off
  3. I need to brew cheap

A truely wacked out triple hopped miller light is damned good. Not too bitter so its thirst quenching, late and dry hopped like a mofo for flavor.

Not mention making an actual Miller Light or Bud light is a real test of skill. See how good your beer turns out when you have basically no color or flavor to mask mistakes! I'd bet the majority of could not successfully brew a true clone.

Not mention making an actual Miller Light or Bud light is a real test of skill. See how good your beer turns out when you have basically no color or flavor to mask mistakes! I'd bet the majority of could not successfully brew a true clone.

Thanks! - Its easier than you think. My beer has turn out awesome.

Just a joke fellas! I know that to clone a BMC takes skill, i have my own recipe for it. (Still tweaking). Meant no disrespect, just a good opportunity to use my "goin down on yer cousin" line. Props to ya bro.

Just a joke fellas! I know that to clone a BMC takes skill, i have my own recipe for it. (Still tweaking). Meant no disrespect, just a good opportunity to use my "goin down on yer cousin" line. Props to ya bro.

No offense was ever taken. Why is a very common question that I get.

Being annoyed by those triple hop commercials set this whole damn thing off.

Boredom is another factor associated with being unemployed.

1. I like to brew
  2. I am laid off
  3. I need to brew cheap

2009_ML_Tripple_Hop_006.jpg

For some reason I really dig that picture. It's relaxing to look at.

I'm currently drinking Bison Brewing's Chocolate Stout at the Oregon Brewer's Fest!! So many awesome beers here!

Latest posts

Back