What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ninkasi Brewing
Total Domination IPA

Nicely done. Bitter, dry, clean with a good, biscuity malt backbone.

It's curing my need for a hop fix tonight. :mug:

Ninkasi Brewing
Total Domination IPA

Nicely done. Bitter, dry, clean with a good, biscuity malt backbone.

It's curing my need for a hop fix tonight. :mug:

I love that beer! and I'm not an ipa guy. I want to make that beer! I have helped a few people find the recipe for that beer and it will be the next IPA I try to do.

In other news, I'm drinking some portland style hefeweizen.

Jason,

No matter how hard I try, that is just one style I'm not crazy about. For me Sacch > Brett. Hey but to each his own, how's the studying going?

Quite well! Hard to believe how quickly the study class has zipped by - we have one more session then the exam is on 12th.

:mug:

Oh, and since this is the 'Right Now I'm Drinking' thread, I'll update - Wildschwein Alt.
I'm sure you'll do good. You'll probably score better than I did back in the early 90's. Once my points catch up I'll need to take the exam again. BTW are you going to be judging for the 2nd Lancaster County Brewers showdown on Nov 7 at LBC? I hope so I'll need all the judges I can get.

I'm sure you'll do good. You'll probably score better than I did back in the early 90's. Once my points catch up I'll need to take the exam again. BTW are you going to be judging for the 2nd Lancaster County Brewers showdown on Nov 7 at LBC? I hope so I'll need all the judges I can get.
Oh, and since this is the 'Right Now I'm Drinking' thread, I'll update - Wildschwein Alt.

Oh yes back on the subject, I'm having one of my 09-09-09 they are aging very well and getting very much like a barleywine. You'll need to try one sometime soon.

Dale's Pale Ale. Never had it before, and it's rather tasty.

New can_r2_c2.jpg

Also, I'm starting to get used to drinking quality beer from a can now. That is, I poured it into a glass... I'm not actually drinking it from the can.

-Steve

My third bottle of my first batch. Finally some carbonation after almost four weeks. Still tastes a bit funny though.

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. This beer confirms I'm not a big fan of Nottingham, but it is aging well. I think I'll try it with 1056.

Dick's Rye Ale - Dick's Brewing Company, Centralia, WA

It's like a blonde ale with a rye spice to it. More interesting than say Redhook Sunrye. More grainy and slightly more bitter. A good refreshing summer beer.

Haven't had it
I am "Lucky" to get this beer up here.
I bought this for the first time about a month ago for the wonderful woman that works at my little home brew store, as a thank you, good luck w/ school gift. Anyway her and her husband drank it and raved over it. I had to go to the store and get me a bottle; I like it more than Dead Guy myself. Same kind of style IMO.

maybe try US-05?

p.s. I'm drinking graff
Isn't US-05 the same as 1056? I am willing to try with either. I have washed 1056, but dry is cheap - so no preference. I will try again. I am also going to try Dude's Lake Walk PA with the same yeast to see if I prefer that one.

Just finishinh a Duvel here. Bought it just to break up the endless flood of IPAs. I think I'll rather stick to Delirium Tremens than Duvel though, in the future. My taste buds are still immature. :D

Update: mixed the last couple ounces of Duvel with the same amount of Sierra Nevada Torpedo. As me and my brother would say: challenging drinking!

My Belgian Golden Strong that formed the basis for the 10.10.10 recipe - it's been aging for about 4 months and I'm carbing it up for the HBT competition.

Delicious but dangerous. :D

A nice cold pint of uncarbonated Saison. Just kegged it and I'm drinking what I left behind in the carboy (didn't want to carry over too much yeast into the keg-- it's not very flocculent).

Tastes pretty darn good!

-Steve

Back