What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying a Leinenkugel's Cranberry Ginger Shandy...Not bad..A little on the sweet side, but not bad...

BTW, what the hell is a shandy anyway?

Just got a pot of coffee going. got prep to do in the kitchen while cleaning bottles. If the sun comes out, I can finally get that next Brewvision video going...:mug:

Coffee... Back is slightly better today, but still bad. No dancing tonight *sigh* Maybe a few beers, though.

Was the day after Christmas, but Zombie Dust by 3 Floyds Brewery

1377333_560228964152628_1259472806793052067_n.jpg

S C O R E!

We are up at Mount Totumas Cloud Forest Lodge (remote ecolodge near the Panama/Costa Rica border, owned by a friend, unique ecosystem, spectacular place...one hour on a 4WD only road to get here) for NYE, which is awesome enough, but the sales rep for Casa Bruja is here too and she brought beer! Awesome!

Trying their Brujeria #10 (translation "witches brew"...good name for a brett). Funky, complex, but still quite easy drinking.

View attachment 1451586195975.jpg

S C O R E!

We are up at Mount Totumas Cloud Forest Lodge (remote ecolodge near the Panama/Costa Rica border, owned by a friend, unique ecosystem, spectacular place...one hour on a 4WD only road to get here) for NYE, which is awesome enough, but the sales rep for Casa Bruja is here too and she brought beer! Awesome!

Trying their Brujeria #10 (translation "witches brew"...good name for a brett). Funky, complex, but still quite easy drinking.

Learned a bit more from the rep about the Brujeria series...each (1...10) is a different blend of Casa Bruja worts which are then barrel aged. The barrels, originally rum barrels from Varela rum, have evolved over time and changed in flavor and "fauna" characteristics. #10 is their Sir Frances Drake Red Ale barrel aged for a year...tasty. #11 is brewing now. We are discussing with her getting distribution started in this end of the country (a couple of friends own bar/resturants here)...cool. :cool:

Might encourage me to try some barrel aging myself.

Been busting my hump for 3 days to extend my wall by as much as 2'. New dog is a jumper and has made his escape 3 times. Wall is done and I decided to drink some beers left behind by other people from my last party.
Because of this, I can tell you that Bud Light and MGD actually taste better than Blue Moon White IPA.

Carry on.

Back