What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6" of snow and the world didn't end???

Oh wait, right, you don't live in the DC area.

:goat::ban:

Coffee. Will be spending the whole day making an asston of invert syrup.

Yeah, just started up again too.

15" on Thanksgiving, then it all melted... now we've gotten over 12" in the past couple days. **** sucks.

First hot chocolate with Jameson (needed that after playing with the kids outside in 4 degree weather) and now this:
View attachment 325994
"New World IPA" made with Galaxy. Pretty nicely done I have to say! Might need to pick up some Galaxy soon. Funny thing about this beer is the "best before date" of 5-23-16.

They want to be sure you drink it fresh.

Coffee...luckily, SWMBO is off work today and can take over Grandbaby duties. My back just went out big time. Trying a solanpas patch for the first time...don't feel anything, but hope it's working.

Tried to sneak it up to his room last night after he's been told repeatedly it isn't going up there.

He needs to be more sneaky next time. lol

Coffee. I hate last minute crap this company throws on you. I'm the only on here this week from my group. Guess who gets all the emails and calls.

Black tea. Second day home with the two kids since my wife is back to work. I'd rather be at work.

It was an gift, I haven't seen any of it around here. I imagine it was 12 or 15$ for the bottle?

It went from 9.99 to 11.99, depending on what state i was in.

Tried to sneak it up to his room last night after he's been told repeatedly it isn't going up there.

Heh... Mine has lost his many, many times in similar circumstances.

Water, café done. Taking the team out for our annual rah rah lunch in a bit.

Kabobs.... Fat, I will be.

Water. 30 minutes at 242-245°F (depending on where measured, Thermapen is more accurate than the candy thermometer) down, 270 minutes to go.

20151229_112859[1].jpg

Interesting, I go between 260-275

On the coffee

Lots of different ways. One guy I saw online adds some DME to provide protein and then food grade lye, to force faster melanoidin formation. I'm just doing it the long way.

But I'm using Ron Pattinson's procedure, holding 240-250°F.

Lots of different ways. One guy I saw online adds some DME to provide protein and then food grade lye, to force faster melanoidin formation. I'm just doing it the long way.

But I'm using Ron Pattinson's procedure, holding 240-250°F.

That's interesting. Do you use plain white sugar? I use turbinado sugar to cheat slightly as it is already a touch darker and just a little bit of acid blend. Hold at 260-275 for 2 hours and comes out nice and dark with flavors of candied raisins and caramel. Gonna start making it to pour over ice cream, it's so damn good.

That's interesting. Do you use plain white sugar? I use turbinado sugar to cheat slightly as it is already a touch darker and just a little bit of acid blend. Hold at 260-275 for 2 hours and comes out nice and dark with flavors of candied raisins and caramel. Gonna start making it to pour over ice cream, it's so damn good.

Nope. English invert. Always turbinado and citric acid (4 grams per pound). None of that Belgian white sugar crap ;)

I like thai. Just not tofu. I tolerate it in food occasionally like meso soup in japanese resaurants

Yeah, trying to put it in anything non-Asian is a no-go for me. Tofu burger? No thank you. Just give me the damned beef. Or better yet bison. Or turkey if I feel like being responsible. But in stir fry and pad thai and curry and what not, i can deal with tofu.

Plus males should limit how much of it we eat anyway. Soy is a major phytoestrogen or whatever it's called and it screws up the hormones if you eat too much (take that, vegans).

Back