What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen that stuff yet up here, so yeah, the weather's broke.

Coffee and games with the family. Off today and tomorrow.

Half the company called in because of that. That was literally the edge of the accumulation, no snow on the ground at all in Ft. Worth, and very little on the road west of here. Most of them threw out their holiday pay for some slush. Morons.

More terrible coffee. I've been home roasting for three days and I already ruined Folgers for myself forever.

Coffee. Cold front came through last night. Time to break out the winter wear. View attachment 325793

My mom got me these this year... want to take them off my hands?

Feet?

2325939_Charcoal

Coffee. I was going to play a quick round of golf this morning. Now I am just sitting hear watching the disgruntled senior citizens getting the bad news on how no one is allowed on the golf course until 10:30. Apparently it's icy and frozen in some areas. Smh. These old guys going off on the starter as if he can control the weather. Well back to the house and try to brew something.

Coffee. I was going to play a quick round of golf this morning. Now I am just sitting hear watching the disgruntled senior citizens getting the bad news on how no one is allowed on the golf course until 10:30. Apparently it's icy and frozen in some areas. Smh. These old guys going of on the starter as if he can control the weather. Well back to the house and try to brew something.

Don't you just hate when you're trying to do something fun and then you get stuck making delicious beer... :ban:

Also, Brew day this weekend. What should I make?

Currently dealing with this same issue. My sig line says RIS... but my heart is saying something else. I think.

Trying to decide between that or an IIPA at the moment. Last week I encountered this same issue and made up a recipe on the fly while standing at the LHBS, hoping it turns out to be a nice beer.

I am highly jealous of all you day drinking brewdayers. I am stuck here at work.

Also, Brew day this weekend. What should I make?

Im contemplating going to another bar tomorrow for lunch, but I may save my money for next week when the hot girl that likes scotch and having drinks at lunch with me comes back from vacation.

Supposed to be cold next week, eisenbock?
:mug:

Green with envy here too. Great setup man.

What is that fermentor I see you racking from. Looks like a metal Spiedel. Is there even such a thing?

Drinking Milk. 2%

I know you didn't ask me... but it almost looks like a stainless milk can.

Currently dealing with this same issue. My sig line says RIS... but my heart is saying something else. I think.

Trying to decide between that or an IIPA at the moment. Last week I encountered this same issue and made up a recipe on the fly while standing at the LHBS, hoping it turns out to be a nice beer.

I did just finish the last pull out of my sixtel of Yeti last night. I was sad to see it go but it did hold on for a long while. So I guess a RIS or barleywine style may be on order, but I am not really certain about that. I have a ipa and a blonde type of beer on tap currently.

Im contemplating going to another bar tomorrow for lunch, but I may save my money for next week when the hot girl that likes scotch and having drinks at lunch with me comes back from vacation.

Supposed to be cold next week, eisenbock?
:mug:

Why not both? You don't have to buy her the scotch do you?

A bock may not be a bad idea. Maybe some lagering is not a terrible idea though I want to get my pipeline further established before I stall it with a long lager.

I know you didn't ask me... but it almost looks like a stainless milk can.

That's a SSBrewtech insulated SS mash tun isn't it?

I've been looking very hard at their website for one of those lately. I've been struggling to hold mash temps and that bad boy could solve some problems for me...

Green with envy here too. Great setup man.

What is that fermentor I see you racking from. Looks like a metal Spiedel. Is there even such a thing?

Drinking Milk. 2%

That fermentor is a deep woods 10gal cavern. It's a lot like the old milk vessels. I think they are called fustis? They are usually used for oils. Some breweries have them as water jugs.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451331808.383491.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451331851.154597.jpg

Now drinking a HB IPA while I collect some wort.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1451331893.009300.jpg

That fermentor is a deep woods 10gal cavern. It's a lot like the old milk vessels. I think they are called fustis? They are usually used for oils. Some breweries have them as water jugs.
View attachment 325827
View attachment 325828

Now drinking a HB IPA while I collect some wort.
View attachment 325830

Thanks mate.

I see you got a bit of fly-sparge going on there. nice. Any chance we can see inside the tun again. I'm at work and enjoying seeing your brewday.

You are correct sir. Here is a pic of the inside of my mash tun.
View attachment 325832

Thanks for showing your setup here. Love that float switch/auto sparge/controller doohickey. Like a ball-cock in a toilet's cistern.

More milk.

I'm done. Slow day. Off to the LHBS to get some specialty grains and hops. Brewing this weekend.

That moment your thermometer is at 205* and the boil is about to start. Poof!!! Funk! Ran out of propane.

Back