What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a couple Bell's Stouts, I've moved on to SNPA. It has truly helped me come up with some hilarious lines while thumb-nailing the new issue.

Drifter and Widmer's Summit Pale are what turned me on to Summit hops. Yum. Almost too fruity sometimes tho!

I wish I could find a reliable source of summit Hops.
I don't mind the fruity.

I have 10 gallons of IIPA to keg and 15 of Mead and Syrah to bottle on Friday...

I need to get to drinkin'.

Ok, I already drank some of this but let's show the rap sheet:

First up, Sierra Nevada taproom...they had a cask conditioned imperial stout called "Empire Strikes Black". Very good, a tad sweet but at 11% ABV it's hard not to be. Very balanced and tasty, once again wish they would bottle more of their pilot brewery beers. Followed that up with a draft Pale Ale, which is slightly different from the bottle version. Very clean and refreshing and goes great with some calimari and fries! Check the open fermentation in the back left corner of this picture, whatever was in there was going off bigtime!

PIC-0055.jpg

PIC-0057.jpg

Next up is Honey Ale from Feather River Brewing, a local brewery. Guy brews from his reconditioned barn, fills 22oz and kegs:
PIC-0059.jpg

Next was the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout in the can, which was great but not quite as good as on tap at Henry's 12th Street Tavern in Portland. Thanks again to EvilTOJ for that gem.

Haven't made it to the Anderson Valley Dubbel, or the Mammoth Brewing IPA...I better get to work! BTW, I have help...I aint drinking this all myself! :rockin::mug:

A glass of my Amber Alert (very green, needs quite a bit of time, but it'll be OK!) and then a pint of my Honey Pale Ale (really green, cidery, but hey, it was a Mr. Beer product!).

Gonna be cooking up some brats in Robert The Bruce in a couple hours. So a couple bottles for the pot and a couple bottles for my belly. :)

mmmm, Brats! That sounds good. I'm enjoying a couple of pints of my first Saison. Pretty much everything is my first, actually. I've only been brewing since late February. The Saison is #5. I'll brew #6, California Pale Ale over the holiday weekend.

I'm down in the dumps, been out of work too long, no sessions ready to drink. Or should I say willing....:(
I needed an ol' get druck cheap beer so I have a 12r of Rollin' Rock. :drunk:

People talk about comfort food like mashed potatoes and fried chicken.....

.......well, my comfort beer today is RREPA.

There might be 6 more posts with the same response tonight!:D

A Stone IPA - I might follow it up with a couple of my brown ales on tap.
-Me

I have a case of Michelob Light at my house from friends helping paint today. Guess I'll have to drink them...

Bell's Third Coast Ale (#4 for the day after 2 Kalamazoo Stouts and a few samples of Big Kahuna's Reindeer Fuel Stout w/ Kona Mac Nut Coffee and Joe's Ancient Orange Mead)...

:drunk:

Been drinkin Miller Lite all day doin yard work. Hey it's 80-90 degrees and I went for the plastic bottles so I could use them for homebrew when going to "No Glass Allowed" events this summer :) PLus we just bought a camper, It's all I can afford and I ran out of co2 so can't draw from the keezer. Only place in town that refills tanks.......their co2 system is broke.... Don't wanna exchange my 5 month old tank bought brand new for some old POS one.

Just finished a Brasserie des Rocs - Brune which I found to be a great Belgian brown. Following it up with a DFH 120 minute bottled 5/1 so I can get some tasting notes to compare with the bottles I am aging.

It finally reached Quebec Canada!!!!!

Dead Guy Ale.

I'm speechless. In one word... scrumptious!

I'm ten blocks from the brewery and haven't had one in years. Maybe it's time to give Dead Guy another go now, you have inspired me.

I'm drinking coffee now. Soon enough I'll be drinking an assortment of homebrew I'll be taking to a BBQ!

I'm ten blocks from the brewery and haven't had one in years. Maybe it's time to give Dead Guy another go now, you have inspired me.

I'm drinking coffee now. Soon enough I'll be drinking an assortment of homebrew I'll be taking to a BBQ!

Well if it's within reach, you must go for it. :mug:

Found and opened a bottle of my Munich+EKG SMaSH that I brewed in March of 2008. A little bland from the age, but great head, beautiful color, and a tasty beer nonetheless.

Cleaning the brewery can be fun :D

How many volumes? My mild shines at 1.5 volumes.

I don't know what it is at right now... I'm at 10PSI and I think my fridge is about 40 degrees, so according to beersmith i'm moving towards 2.3 volumes, which I know is high for this style, but I only have 1 regulator and have yet to have any perceived overcarbonation (I'm damn new to this).

If I wanted 1.5 volumes, it says I should have 1.37 PSI? wow thats low. I like to keep the beer cold and serve it cold and then let it warm up to room temp if that's the style. It might be that this is properly carbonated, but I don't have the palate to appreciate it at this level.

Time for another pint.

Back