What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STONE SMOKED PORTER! WOW! YES I'M YELLING! IT'S THAT GOOD! subtle smoke nice rich complex sexy brew! heeeey baby!

I had some Stiegl Pils (Salzburg, Austria), Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (awful!), and some Hammerhead Ale (Portland, Oregon) tonight, all while brewing my own "Don't Be Bitter".

My SMaSH Munich/Tettnang/WLP838. Soft, sweet, and malty to the point of overload. No commercial beer compares, but it's kinda like a low-alcohol bock.

This follows a growler of Russian River IPA.:drunk:

My SMaSH Munich/Tettnang/WLP838. Soft, sweet, and malty to the point of overload. No commercial beer compares, but it's kinda like a low-alcohol bock. . . This follows a growler of Russian River IPA.
What time is it out there?
Getting an early start or never went to bed? :drunk::cross::drunk:

so far, since getting off work.

48 oz of Kolsch from teh keg.
12 oz of Porter
22 oz of Pale Ale aka 'The Armadillo'

all home brew, all good.

Trying out Green's All Natural Tripel.
Brewed with Millet, Rice. Buckwheat and Sorghum.

8.5% ABV
$4.99 at BevMo.

The label says Green's Ales DO NOT contain any of the following:
Wheat and/or Barley, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soya beans, milk, lactose, nuts, celery, mustard, sesame seeds, sulphur dioxide and sulfites.

nifty -- an allergen free beer. But how does it taste?

This tripel tastes like lighter fluid strained through a pile of recalled Chinese toys. Then there is the weird apple aftertaste.
It tastes like the greenest of green beers.

Imagine brewing a canned kit with old sugar from a 60's era bomb shelter, then carbing it for two days in hopes for taking it to the sigma delta phi kegger on Friday night.

That kind of green.

The appearance is nasty.
I've seen that color before -- but a trip to the vet fixed that.

Label says best before 11.19.09
I think I could age this till 11.18 and I could still use it to clean my Kawasaki's Carbs.

The only bright side is the bottle is similar to Russian River Bottles, which I hoard for gift giving.

Did I mention there was no crustaceans in the beer?

I passed over my usual commercial beer (Moose Drool) tonight for a 6'r of Bayern's Dragon's Breath dark hefe.

I tried this beer on tap a while back and was impressed. Its just as good in the bottle :ban:

Yum.
What part of NW Portland do you live in?
I grew up in St. John's -- Hoping to move back home soon.

I live downtown near NW 21st and Lovejoy.

Tonight:

Upright Brewing (new pdx brewery) "Five" (a Saison) at bailey's taproom. Wow this was incredible. One of the best new brews I've had in a while.

Ninkasi Tricerahops on cask, also at baileys. so creamy and tasty, one of the better cask experiences I have had.

Now, aforementioned amber at home. So tasty! Keg of sterling gold blew when I tried to pour one. Thought I had 3 gallons left. BAD BEER MATH :drunk:

I live downtown near NW 21st and Lovejoy.

I love that neighborhood. I spent many hours at the Nob Hill Bar and Grill. It was the writer/tech theatre bar. Cold Oly Pints for $1.00 and great burgers.

I still have heartburn from the Fries and Gravy from Quality Pie. Too bad that went away years ago.
Escape from NY pizza and Coffee People's immediate care center also emptied my wallet when I had spare cash.

Right now... a mixture of apple juice and orange juice which is actually pretty good.

Later... Marin Brewing Co. for an IPA and black and bleu burger. Then it's off to the Giants game!

My pale ale made with cascade and dry hopped with cascade. It was only my 3rd PM and could use some improvement, but still pretty tasty.

guinness-250-stout.jpg

SN ESB, then Edwort's Kolsch with dinner:

Dinner was:
BBQ Pork Loin cut into steaks, dressed with some of my homebrew BBQ sauce.
Grilled veggies basted with a light balsamic vinagrette and grilled up with LOTS of garlic.
Garlic bread with my own special blend of garlic butter, herbs and spices

You gotta love summer! Hanging out on the back patio, grillin it up, and enjoying some damn good homebrew! Cheers all, summer is here! (at least in California)

monks-kettle-monks-cafe-sour-flemish.jpg

My Post Brewing / Pre Lawn Mowing Beer last night

Was excited to finally get a Flemish Red (Nice going SWMBO at the bottle shop) and have to say, was disappointed! I'm been in the mood for some hard Funk or Big Sour Lately and just am not getting it.

Started with a Belhaven Scottish Ale (80). Moved up to a Belhaven Wee heavy. Then...in keeping with the sweet/malty theme...just cracked open one of my 9/9/9 barleywines.

Sweet. Slightly crisp at the end. Clear as a bell. Smooth. I can only imagine what this is going to taste like on it's one year birthday. Oh...and at 10.2%....:ban::ban::ban:

mmmm. barleywine.

Just opened a tester bottle of my APA.

I used Cascade, Willamette and Amarillo on this brew and wow, if it isn't tasty.
I managed to get the malt to come through as well.

I am quite happy, and will be adding this recipe to the recipe pulldown soon.

Started the evening with the inaugural bottle of my Rye IPA, which was excellent, and then pulled the last pour off a keg of Jamil's Amber Red. Damn that was a good beer. Need to run another batch...

I just went out to the kegerator and pulled a pint of my own Decompression Maibock. As I was walking back into the office to sit at the computer, I got a big ol' grin on my face as I realized, "I FREAKIN' MADE THIS!"

What a hobby.

Charleyville Brewing, Hoptimistic IPA.

Pretty good. Not blown away. But after a pint of my RyeNoceros IPA, anything tastes a little.

Plus...it's one of the cheapest IPA's at Whole Foods.

p1040106.jpg

My Quincentennial IPA... so-named for its 5 ounces of Centennial (in 5 gallons).

Not perfect, but good.

Rogue Mocha Porter clone. Actually, finished that and may check the 3CPA keg. Spent the day helping replace a post on the bridge. It got whacked by a tree last winter. I'm tired, my back hurts. Another pint sounds good.

Real good. Maybe some Old Bog Water or a Tannen Bomb, or both.

Just had a couple of River Horse's Tripel Horse. Not bad, a bit phenolic but at 10% is doing its job. Maybe I should bring some on the plane in the morning.

Woof, first time I have tried this brew (tripel horse). Tastes like coriander juice. Not a fan.

Latest posts

Back