What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pomegranite Apfelwein.

Should have used more Pom. Kind of a disappointing reddish brown color. Tastes good though. This is the only batch I have bottled still. I will carb from now on :).

A pint of my 3 cents...
100 Gravity points
100 IBUs
Centennial Hops.

I think I might go to bed after this one :)

Deschutes The Dissident. Pretty good Flanders, though I think I still prefer Duchesse.
91678.jpg

It's got a tiny bit of icky phenol, but not nearly as bad as The Bruery Orchard White I drainpoured yesterday.

Haven't been in this thread for a while. Figure I'll put what I drank/tried at Dark Lord Day cause that's the last day I've drank (with the exception of the Robert The Bruce I had last night). Let's see: Three Floyd's Oak Aged Behemoth, Oak Aged Behemoth w/ Cherries, Dark Lord '07, Dark Lord '08, Darkness, Double Bastard, B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher, some of my homebrew apfelwein and a slew of other goodness. Then I had a few Woodchuck Ambers at my friend's show that night.

Guinness 250. Usually don't drink during the week, but I couldn't pass this up.

I am not expert at tasting. Generally I would mark this very high for being an excellent example of a stout - which Guinness generally isn't (though I like it a lot, I don't think it usually tastes like a stout). It doesn't come with a widget - tastes like it was force carbed. Head is nice, leaves those little islands behind after 5 minutes or so. Color more chocolate brown than ruby red in light. Aroma is sweet, and the mouthfeel is better than draft IMHO. Very yummy. Taste is vert stouty, with a nice sour aftertaste. Just fired up a Olivia Serie V pyramid, and the flavor of the beer is enough to stand up nicely.

Just my $0.02.

S

Half glass of my version of the 999. It's getting there. Still needs some time to blend flavors.

Can't wait to try it over time. Next year it will be awesome.

Just finished brewing my Hop Stream Rye APA so now it's time to drink.

All those hop additions have me in the mood so it's a good Kona Pale to start and then on to the Tits Up IIPA.

...oh...and I have tomorrow and all of next week off so.......yeah baby....:ban:

Guinness 250. Usually don't drink during the week, but I couldn't pass this up.

I am not expert at tasting. Generally I would mark this very high for being an excellent example of a stout - which Guinness generally isn't (though I like it a lot, I don't think it usually tastes like a stout). It doesn't come with a widget - tastes like it was force carbed. Head is nice, leaves those little islands behind after 5 minutes or so. Color more chocolate brown than ruby red in light. Aroma is sweet, and the mouthfeel is better than draft IMHO. Very yummy. Taste is vert stouty, with a nice sour aftertaste. Just fired up a Olivia Serie V pyramid, and the flavor of the beer is enough to stand up nicely.

Just my $0.02.

S

Does anyone know what bars/stores sell this in Columbus? I can't wait to try it, I think the Dublin Village Tavern and Fado's have it but I am looking for maybe a specialty store that sells it. Thanks.

Pliny the Elder.
Followed by ???

Update: ??? turned out to be DFH Midas Touch. bleh. Ruined my tastebuds for the night. Switching to Kool-aid so I can purge the evil out.

A Guinness (its been looking at me for a while), but I am brewing up Orfy's Hobgobblin though!

SD

A Guinness (its been looking at me for a while), but I am brewing up Orfy's Hobgobblin though! SD

I have a 6'r of hobgoblin II left... Drank one bottle last night. The english hops has dialed back and the maltiness is stepping up. Mine is 8 months old and its really good right now. So much better than it was at 4 months. Don't drink it too fast. - OK

I have a 6'r of hobgoblin II left... Drank one bottle last night. The english hops has dialed back and the maltiness is stepping up. Mine is 8 months old and its really good right now. So much better than it was at 4 months. Don't drink it too fast. - OK

I will do my very best not to drink it too fast. I guess I will have to do another 10gal of Mild to hold me over then. :cross:

SD

On my second (and last until the next time I hit the local liquor store) Robert The Bruce of the night and am considering cracking open a Guinness 250 for the hell of it.

Ballast Point Dorado IIPA. I already loved thier Big Eye IPA but the Dorado is simply one of the best beers I've ever had.

Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale

I don't know how to say this gently, and I love Lagunitas as a brewery.

One word...Robitussin.

Thats exactly what I thought about the Hairy Eyeball or whatever their last barleywine was called. Im going to leave it in the basement for a couple years. Or maybe I will drink it next time I get a cold.

Latest posts

Back