What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 2 of solid night of sleep. This time up, was delivering packages for FedEx in my dream.. looked down and @wobrien 's name was on the box. Whatever it was, it was heavy. Whatever. I'll take a full night of sleep any day, even if it means funked up dreams. I might spend too much time here.

Coffee/Water - warming up the slapin' hand for whoever is singing...

Full Throttle... I'm going to blow up our guest room so we don't have to host any more in-laws that don't want to pay for a hotel room when they're in town. On a Monday night.

Get out.

Oh, you had a package for me.

Wait, what?

Yeah man, I was almost at your house in my dreams. Pretty funked up huh? I don't write my own dreams unfortunately. Not sure if the weirdest part is that you and I have never even really talked, or the fact that your house was a castle similar to the one at Disney.

Haah..drugs are bad.

Why doesn't the local OA lodge do that for you?

We always did our own ceremonies for AOL scouts, and then roped in local Boy Scouts to support that and the bridging ceremonies. It allowed the parents to have a part in it and make it more special for the scouts themselves.

I haven't made it out there either. I avoid Loudoun whenever possible, and Ashburn is a Leave-It-To-Beaver-Ville hellhole. But I've grabbed what I've seen on the shelves. I grabbed a couple of that Kristin's Passion pepper porter, which was hands down my favorite they've done. I tried the Jalapeno Pale which wasn't bad either. This I'd call second best.

The Mexican Chocolate porter was okay, but I really dug the Jalapeno Pale on tap at an event. Nice pepper flavor without being over the top spicy. I do need to get my hands on the session one; glad to see them being distributed better.

..... how little of the 4 cases DO you have left? It has been a couple of days at this point.

Water. Still living vicariously. Skipped the gym this morning, lazy, fat. Sleep is more important.

Those are great caps!

Hell yeah they are! I kind of dont want to use them though haha.

That's pretty cool. Now get to work on filling it!

Working on recipes today! Probably just do standard lambics for the first year or two, then start adding slightly darker and darker wort over time. Just not sure how long you should let a solera go until you need to dump the trub/schit on the bottom and start over. Time to do research!

Drinking coffee like a Mary. :D

Yeah man, I was almost at your house in my dreams. Pretty funked up huh? I don't write my own dreams unfortunately. Not sure if the weirdest part is that you and I have never even really talked, or the fact that your house was a castle similar to the one at Disney.

Haah..drugs are bad.

We sure this was a dream? My house is a scale model of cinderella's castle...

What do you all think of this?

http://mancan.beer/

Seems like a good idea to me... If breweries don't have to have extra equipment around. Basically, it's a 64/128 oz sanke keg in a growler size. Would be nice to not have to finish a growler in one sitting.

Drinking water.

What do you all think of this?

http://mancan.beer/

Seems like a good idea to me... If breweries don't have to have extra equipment around. Basically, it's a 64/128 oz sanke keg in a growler size. Would be nice to not have to finish a growler in one sitting.

Drinking water.

I saw that on facebook. I wonder if you can force carb in it. Might make a nice traveling companion.

Coffee.

Coffee with cream of wheat. Eating the cream of wheat. I'm not drinking it in my coffee. Or am I?

Working on recipes today! Probably just do standard lambics for the first year or two, then start adding slightly darker and darker wort over time. Just not sure how long you should let a solera go until you need to dump the trub/schit on the bottom and start over. Time to do research!

Not sure how often it should be dumped.
I have a 60 gallon plastic conical tank I want to eventually start a solera in. Just need to get and install the valves and build a yeast trap for it. Then keep it at DisturbdChemist's house since I have no place for it here when it's full of beer.

Coffee with cream of wheat. Eating the cream of wheat. I'm not drinking it in my coffee. Or am I?

Not sure how often it should be dumped.
I have a 60 gallon plastic conical tank I want to eventually start a solera in. Just need to get and install the valves and build a yeast trap for it. Then keep it at DisturbdChemist's house since I have no place for it here when it's full of beer.

HAHAHA man, you have that situation figured out. Make DC do all the work and you get half the beer. Brilliant!

That beer is going to be the best. You are going to hear Covid as you drink it. Pointless

Haha I saw that. they said the next beer will be getting Run the Jewels played 24/7. Pretty neat publicity idea. :D

If nothing else, the name of the beer is great.

That guy used to brew for one of the Iron Hill Brewery locations near me. I say it over and over but that place is underrated

Hell yeah they are! I kind of dont want to use them though haha.

If you are not going to use them... Send them to me. I will return a framed picture since all you want to do is look at them!

who knows, maybe the vibrations will cause the yeast to ferment differently as it could keep some of it in suspension. They may be onto something here!

I had been looping the Diane Sawyer interview of Bruce Jenner for my current beer. Thought I might get some more fruity esters out of it.

Went down to check on it this morning and it had dumped itself down the drain.

Coffee... and about to get more. Just returned from son's fifth grade "graduation". I now officially no longer have any elementary school kids. *sniff*

My son graduates tomorrow. I never went through these "graduations" when I was a kid so I am kind of ambivalent about it. I just keep hoping he starts to show maturity. And pick up the dog poop!

Water during my 45 minutes of free time today...

Back