What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was lookin for resin but wegmans only has this and sweet action

I prefer that over Resin personally, but that's just me.

On the water. Worked 13 hours today and I'm too tired to stay up drinking with you alchies tonight. Damn good beers getting consumed tonight though.

I prefer that over Resin personally, but that's just me.

On the water. Worked 13 hours today and I'm too tired to stay up drinking with you alchies tonight. Damn good beers getting consumed tonight though.

It's not just you. @remmy has said that about a million times too.

I have an hour drive i need to make in 3 hours. Not feeling up to it one bit. . but well I'm on the fence. Resin has the lesser malt backbone and a strong hop forward taste but Bengali just is such an easy drinker that I feel bad saying I prefer one over another. Side note I'm drunk

Sorry to interrupt (no I'm not) - just got an htc one m9. Nice phone. View attachment 274951

We expect to see some fancy photo work from now on!

Galaxy S6.

I had a Dales.

I finished my Oktoberfest and then turned in a little after midnight since the release was having so many issues. On plus to being up that late is I get my order in for the Hop Trooper t-shirt as soon as they went on sale :) Now on to coffee while we try to finish up this release now that the offshore team resolved the issues...

Dang. Equipment crapping out is the worst part of home brewing. Hope brew day gets better.

It got worse. Brew day was just over 8 hours and I wouldn't be surprised if it's infected. Problem is that I can't know right away and it's all for a charity event.

Anyway, I'm in a terrible mood about it and just feeling defeated.

Water.

It's been a light week here. If I make it out by 1600 and don't work the weekend I will keep it under 65 hours!

Coffee.

usually we're just winding down from a winter of 60+ a week, but this winter was 40-45 hour weeks. slow for the agriculture business. our company is "merging" with another that makes airport support systems. they are talking about starting a 3rd shift. I'm not happy about that.

It got worse. Brew day was just over 8 hours and I wouldn't be surprised if it's infected. Problem is that I can't know right away and it's all for a charity event.

Anyway, I'm in a terrible mood about it and just feeling defeated.

Water.

maybe not your style, but the sentiment I think can hold true to us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coffee. got some runnin to the Dr, LHBS, shopping, etc to do today. Gotta measure kitchen cabinets for R&R as well. Dang sun coming up earlier is causing earlier mornings...:drunk:

Sorry to hear :(

Me too. It's really bothering me right now. The reason I fear infection is that they somehow managed to break the boil keggle that goes with the system so their brewer brought in the keggle. Well, there wasn't anything large enough to use as a lid so while chilling through a CFC, a march pump clogged. We sanitized another and it clogged right away. Evidently there wasn't a single hop blocking device in that keggle. So while we had to figure out how the hell to chill, the wort is just sitting there. Then we used an immersion chiller, but still, there's the damn wort just sitting there.

Then as I racked into the FV, I realized we dumped the saniclean out a good 45 minutes ago. So that vessel may have caught airborne nasties. I just had to say **** it because the beer was in there. Volumes were low due to clogs and the CFC and pumps taking a good gallon, the electrical panel was shot and apparently this was sort of known and no one cared to mention. It was a cluster **** all around. The charity event is a planned event, I cannot move it and I cannot rebrew on a system I know works (mine) because of the laws.

I said I was concerned about infection and basically was told it will be kept cold so it won't probably take hold, but I worry about off flavors. I care because this represents what I can do and I don't want to unload a crappy product. I should have stopped brew day and came back when the panel didn't work since 2 hours of time was already invested in screwing around with that.

I'll be back in about 7 days to dry hop and I'll take a sample. If I detect a single off-flavor I'll rebrew on the 9th. I should still be okay for the 30th. I am hoping that if there is an issue, it'll be obvious in 7 days.

I know I'm ranting but this is for charity and I'm not serving **** beer that tastes like it was made by some kid in their closet...this can be another post that can be ignored. ;)

I'll trade you six hours of baby sitting for 1 hour in your cellar.

Like 6 hours in a row? I'm in. Rules are no babysitting after cellar time and you can't take anything with you. So an hour to drink whatever you want. I also get to observe you once you emerge post drinking.

Pot of coffee down, OJ now. More Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Maybe grill some Yum Blatts later.

Like 6 hours in a row? I'm in. Rules are no babysitting after cellar time and you can't take anything with you. So an hour to drink whatever you want. I also get to observe you once you emerge post drinking.

Pot of coffee down, OJ now. More Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Maybe grill some Yum Blatts later.

Fair enough deal. My kid can be a handful, I can only imagine what a plethora of children would be like. :mug:

Coffee, trucks loaded with goodies.

@Hello, sorry to hear about the rough brew day, and yes I read all of it.

;) You're always nice.

I'm onto the coffee. Lots of rain here today and my spoiled dog doesn't want to get out of bed. If I didn't have work to do, I'd join her.

@bigmike99 I had to google yum blatts. I have no idea what they are because Mickey Mouse came up.

Qwaffi...Friday! Maybe brewing tomorrow. Shake it off @Hello! I hate that you may have wasted 8 frustrating hours...I really hope that is not the case! But I like your re-brew plan, if necessary.

Errands today if I'm going to brew tomorrow: top off propane tank, retrieve burner from brother inlaw, pick up a little oxygen cannister. Maybe rack a current brew (Paleo Belgo) to secondary...need to rack from glass to plastic carboy and back to glass again, so I can use the plastic one tomorrow...easier to transport, and I don't trust fermenting in by bottling buckets anymore.

More on the stout side and less of a double black pale ale. Great tasting though.
View attachment 274950

Based on what you've been drinking, did you do a trade with a dude in Raleigh?
So Beer Army has shut their doors. Their public reasoning was that they fell victim tot he 3-tier distribution system. That isn't quite the case...at all. It is sad to see them fall but they're keeping their foundation, which is wonderful. I was just at a bottle release (collab with another brewery) where the proceeds from bottle sales went to their foundation. If something had to give, let it be the brewery as the foundation does great things.

Did you happen to get anything from Double Barley in that box?

Qwaffi...Friday! Maybe brewing tomorrow. Shake it off @Hello! I hate that you may have wasted 8 frustrating hours...I really hope that is not the case! But I like your re-brew plan, if necessary.

Errands today if I'm going to brew tomorrow: top off propane tank, retrieve burner from brother inlaw, pick up a little oxygen cannister. Maybe rack a current brew (Paleo Belgo) to secondary...need to rack from glass to plastic carboy and back to glass again, so I can use the plastic one tomorrow...easier to transport, and I don't trust fermenting in by bottling buckets anymore.

I'm trying, but it's the event that is making it tough. BTW, I have a meeting laster that will last until noon unless things go south. Are we doing a little tasting at say 12:30?

I know I'm ranting but this is for charity and I'm not serving **** beer that tastes like it was made by some kid in their closet...this can be another post that can be ignored. ;)

I understand, if I am serving beer to others, I want the best experience they can have. That, and show homebrew can kick ass!

One time, at the end of my chill, I found a wasp in the wort. I was sure it wasn't there when the temp was over 100. Drove me nuts, but the beer was fine. Hope yours is too.

Not drinking anything right now, full of water and coffee.

@mcbaumannerb

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/star-wars-dine-in-galactic-breakfast/

Probably way late to get reservations, but if this is your thing it may be worth a shot :D

And if you have all sorts of disposable income:
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-d-tech-me-returns-to-star-wars-weekends

Thanks. We did the character breakfasts when we first started going to Disney, but not anymore. We don't eat enough to make them worth the price, plus you lose a lot of park time sitting in a restaurant.

Back