What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I was just thinking that I need to calm down or I'm going to do something I'll regret. It has nothing to do with co-workers though.

Protein shake. Can't wait to go spend my lunch with @mattmmille and just shoot the ****.

If you drink enough to not remember it there should hopefully be nothing left to regret.

It has been too long since I have been able to have a liquid lunch. I think I need to try to convince the boss(es) to allow us to send a runner to the liquor store on Tuesday for margarita mixings. Doubt it would fly though.

Parents just asked me to make a beer for a party they are having in July. They want something fruity.

Anyone have any tried and true recipes for something of the sort?

Parents just asked me to make a beer for a party they are having in July. They want something fruity.

Do they like wheat beer? If so I have a pineapple hefe that is pretty awesome, my process requires kegging though.

Do they like wheat beer? If so I have a pineapple hefe that is pretty awesome, my process requires kegging though.

I keg. I don't think the general attendance would be huge on a wheat... I guess I just need a solid blonde recipe that I can play with before then and figure out how to get a good strawberry or blueberry flavor into it.

I keg. I don't think the general attendance would be huge on a wheat... I guess I just need a solid blonde recipe that I can play with before then and figure out how to get a good strawberry or blueberry flavor into it.

Dont say its wheat. Just say its a cloudy blonde that hasnt cleared yet ;)

I second the pineapple wheat recipe. I just kegged and added the pineapple last night for a party for my sister next Thursday. Keg goes into the keezer tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: After seeing your comment about not liking wheat beers, I still say make pineapple wheat. My sister did it last year for same party and keg kicked in 45 min. in a crowd of bud light and wine drinkers.

I'm workng up a Citrosaic pale/blonde recipe. I'm not big on wheat beer.

Yeah, it's 50/50 white wheat 2-row... the wheat isn't all that noticeable, other than the haziness.

I think it added a nice crisp bite with a fluffy head and played well with the huge tropical flavors.

Was 6.7% and ~50 IBU... good stuff.

I had used more than those two varieties, but those were the dry hops.

.5 oz Columbus @ 60 mins - 15% AA = 26 ibu
1 oz Centennial @ 30 mins - 9% AA = 24 ibu
.5 oz Columbus flame-out/hopstand
.5 oz Centennial flame-out/hopstand
.5 oz Cascade flame-out/hopstand
1 oz Citra dry hop - 5 days
1 oz Mosaic dry hop - 5 days
.5 oz Simcoe dry hop - 5 days

Oh, water.

Yeah, it's 50/50 white wheat 2-row... the wheat isn't all that noticeable, other than the haziness.

I think it added a nice crisp bite with a fluffy head and played well with the huge tropical flavors.

Was 6.7% and ~50 IBU... good stuff.

I had used more than those two varieties, but those were the dry hops.

.5 oz Columbus @ 60 mins - 15% AA = 26 ibu
1 oz Centennial @ 30 mins - 9% AA = 24 ibu
.5 oz Columbus flame-out/hopstand
.5 oz Centennial flame-out/hopstand
.5 oz Cascade flame-out/hopstand
1 oz Citra dry hop - 5 days
1 oz Mosaic dry hop - 5 days
.5 oz Simcoe dry hop - 5 days

Oh, water.

Looks nice. I need to get that Mosaic typed up. The recipe in my book here isn't what I brewed.

As a fallback, I have a honey orange hefe people liked.

Coke.

Anyone want some Black Tuesday? They are releasing some bottles today at noon for their anniversary sale. I don't need anymore BT but I will be there picking up some stuff. I figured I would offer it up to you guys. I can grab two bottles while I am there. It's a Two bottle limit at $35. Send me a pm.

I will at the bruery at around 12 and gone by 12:30 If anyone is interested.

Back