What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rebel Rouser is a delicious brew from Sam Adams and it's much better than the Rebel IPA IMHO...

I can def taste the simcoe and Galaxy I've used those enough to be able to pick them out. I'll def get more of this and it is way better than the rebel I agree.

Boulevard Irish Ale. I had taken it a bit easy on drinking for a few weeks on S. Beach phase 1, and forgot how early they release this "spring seasonal" when I made a trip to total wine the other day. Loved this stuff a few years ago, but I still enjoy it while it's around (it's just not as complex-tasting as it used to be...). View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1423025153.673623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cup of tea this morning. Im out of coffee.

Has anyone else noticed that Sam Adams Boston Lager tastes different (in a bad way) recently? I have been in situations where it was the best choice 3 times recently (once at an Outback on draft, twice at peoples houses with fresh bottles), they all had the same taste. Hop presence which I remember previously being present is non-existant and they just taste flat and old. I even went to the effort to inquire if they changed up their recipe or something and got a no. Then again, it has been at least 3 years since I have had a Boston Lager.

Coffee, water, and whatever I can get to make my throat not feel like it is on fire.

mini rant: my neighbor is having work done on her house and these guys blast music all day long. That, combined with the sawing, hammering, etc and that my office is closest to her house, I feel a tad bit annoyed. However, it is a really good incentive to get new windows. I should have bought windows instead of a brew shed. :eek:

Also, I was reading the morning paper on Monday and found out that NC has some kind of wait list for Pappy Van Winkle; 519 people long. 4 Roses is about 100 people long and some other has just under 100 people on a wait list. Insane. I could die before I see Pappy.

The end.

onthemertherflerkernkwahffeeeeeeee!!!!

What I wouldn't give to have your enthusiasm for a day... without it being crushed by noon, that is..

Coffee, water, and whatever I can get to make my throat not feel like it is on fire.

Did you try tea and honey?

mini rant: my neighbor is having work done on her house and these guys blast music all day long.

Are they hot at least?

Coffee, water and a protein shake.

On da coff.

Also, I was reading the morning paper on Monday and found out that NC has some kind of wait list for Pappy Van Winkle; 519 people long. 4 Roses is about 100 people long and some other has just under 100 people on a wait list. Insane. I could die before I see Pappy.

The end.

Pappy is great and all, but you can find bourbons that are just as good for a fraction of the cost and don't require lines, lotteries, or any of that insanity.

Which 4 Roses product has a 100 person wait list?

The end.

Which 4 roses? Those are everywhere here. There is a wait in pappy here too. Might just get on the list for ****s and giggles

Coff

What I wouldn't give to have your enthusiasm for a day... without it being crushed by noon, that is..

Did you try tea and honey?

Are they hot at least?

Coffee, water and a protein shake.
LOL well, I couldn't find the honey I bought for brewing, I suppose I used it with my Jolly Holly ale at Thanksgiving. I found a Honey Bear thing, used it and then saw it expired in 2013. :eek:
I keep drinking anything I can...I'm going to live.
On da coff.

Pappy is great and all, but you can find bourbons that are just as good for a fraction of the cost and don't require lines, lotteries, or any of that insanity.

Which 4 Roses product has a 100 person wait list?

Actually it is 44, I got my numbers wrong. Pappy is either 12 or 20 year? Not sure but Wake County got something like 135 bottles. They're $250 each and the holder of the wait list finally got hers after an 11-year wait and said it was okay, but both her and her husband preferred Elijah Craig, which you can get all day long.
Here's the news article's summary:
Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 8.46.12 AM.png

Which 4 roses? Those are everywhere here. There is a wait in pappy here too. Might just get on the list for ****s and giggles

Coff

How much is 4 Roses there and is Pappy $250? See, I don't even know if I love Whiskey enough but I'd love to try it for sure.

Mix equal parts bourbon, lemon juice, and water or tea that's been heated. I usually use a shot of each. Add a tablespoon of honey and a dash or two of cinnamon. Mix well and enjoy.
Depending on how bad I feel, I sometimes make it a double.....or triple. :D

]

How much is 4 Roses there and is Pappy $250? See, I don't even know if I love Whiskey enough but I'd love to try it for sure.

4 roses is either small batch or single barrel. Just sits. The small batch is pretty good. For those 25-50 buck range. The pappy I think its around $200 here.

LOL well, I couldn't find the honey I bought for brewing, I suppose I used it with my Jolly Holly ale at Thanksgiving. I found a Honey Bear thing, used it and then saw it expired in 2013. :eek:

Actually it is 44, I got my numbers wrong. Pappy is either 12 or 20 year? Not sure but Wake County got something like 135 bottles. They're $250 each and the holder of the wait list finally got hers after an 11-year wait and said it was okay, but both her and her husband preferred Elijah Craig, which you can get all day long.
View attachment 253934

If you think that 250.00 is steep, check third market pricing. The 21 year on the black market is just flat out ridiculous.
220-275 seems to be right around where I've seen it.
PA is an absolute free for all, and most of the bottles were sold online by the Liquor Control Board. What a cluster**** that is.

View attachment 253934

The 4 Roses Single Barrel goes for about $35 for a 750 mL in my area and is easy to find. PM me if you're interested in some. Much easier than a wait list. :D

If you think that 250.00 is steep, check third market pricing. The 21 year on the black market is just flat out ridiculous.
220-275 seems to be right around where I've seen it.
PA is an absolute free for all, and most of the bottles were sold online by the Liquor Control Board. What a cluster**** that is.
Oh I didn't think steep, per se, just a lot. The markup, noted in the article, states they're seeing bottles on craigslist for $1100 but reminding NC residents that it is illegal to barter, sell, etc liquor on the black market.
The 4 Roses Single Barrel goes for about $35 for a 750 mL in my area and is easy to find. PM me if you're interested in some. Much easier than a wait list. :D

I will do that. :)

More coffee. Meetings after meetings.

Coffee.
Anyone a fan of Colin Cowherd? If you are, I'm sorry. Dude got owned by Dan Patrick yesterday. He's a ******, right up there with Jim Rome.

Gotta ease up myself. My old gut can't take anymore. Coffee now, cider flavored sparkling water later. Hoping my guts level out again...oofah...

Hb bourbon stout/porter
Still all oak in the nose, getting vanilla on the tongue now, don't know where that came from. It's growing on me but more whiskey next time!

Vanilla is a wood characteristic in whisk(e)y. Barrel aging will typically give you some vanilla, tobacco, and/or leather.

Has anyone else noticed that Sam Adams Boston Lager tastes different (in a bad way) recently?

No, but it sounds like your distributor got a bad or old batch. It happens from time to time. A few years ago, I bought a sixtel of Sam Adams Octoberfest and it was soured. Called the place I bought it from and they said they had heard the same thing from a couple others and the distributor replaced the keg with a good one.

Coff.

Honey doesn't expire. If it solidifies, just heat it up (hot water bath) and it will liquefy again.

Back