What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sick. I don't think beer is a good idea for me. Not that I haven't considered it quite a bit today.

Water, can't wait for the tri tip sandwich I have sitting in my lunch pail. Its a lovely 70* here, we may need the rain but I'll enjoy this since I don't control the weather.

Quick pull of Hippa to the Hoppa after shoveling more snow in two hours than @thecadjockey has ever seen in Buffalo in his lifetime.

Could've at least used the mention command right so I felt cool getting a notification :(

Water... almost beer time.

Pint of my Brown Porter.

20150203_163651[1].jpg

Water with soup. Is chicken noodle soup really healing?:

Multiple Scientific studies seem to suggest that it is. the vitamin C and zinc that people ttake to prevent or lessen a cold have no valid scientific Studies that I've ever seen that suggest they actually do anything at all to either prevent or lessen the duration of the common cold. So as always mom was right eat your chicken soup when you're sick.

Multiple Scientific studies seem to suggest that it is. the vitamin C and zinc that people ttake to prevent or lessen a cold have no valid scientific Studies that I've ever seen that suggest they actually do anything at all to either prevent or lessen the duration of the common cold. So as always mom was right eat your chicken soup when you're sick.

As in, it lessens duration/severity of cold at a higher rate than placebo? I'd expect it to be placebo. I know that hot liquids are good for sore throats and what not (tea, etc), but I don't see what would be special about chicken noodle soup.

Moved on to my Malt Liquor.

As in, it lessens duration/severity of cold at a higher rate than placebo? I'd expect it to be placebo. I know that hot liquids are good for sore throats and what not (tea, etc), but I don't see what would be special about chicken noodle soup.

Yes as in it lessens the duration of the common cold.
"The most widely cited of these studies, published in the medical journal Chest in 2000, is by Dr. Stephen Rennard of the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He conducted laboratory tests to determine why chicken soup might help colds, beginning with his wife’s homemade recipe, handed down by her Lithuanian grandmother. Using blood samples from volunteers, he showed that the soup inhibited the movement of neutrophils, the most common type of white blood cell that defends against infection. Dr. Rennard theorizes that by inhibiting the migration of these infection-fighting cells in the body, chicken soup essentially helps reduce upper respiratory cold symptoms."

You're right about the hot liquids as well they not only relieve a sore throat they thin secretions which means you can move them out of you upper airway easier for the love of God wash your hands when you're done.

Attachments

• 1423003784682.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 62

Chicken soup placebo? Does AB make soup? The hard way?

My global warmer clone. Pretty cool experience making this with the help of sixpoint. The link is to their blog about me making it and taking it to the brewery for a tasting.

http://sixpoint.com/blog/recent/homebrew-climate-global-warmer/

View attachment 253809

Nice write-up Mike - great job!

Diet Pepsi as I watch the delay for my train increase with every passing minute. :(

Diet caff free Mtn Dew with fish sticks and tots. Its Dew with fish and cola with burgers, right?

Back