What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half pour of my cherry wheat.

I've cleaned up almost every bodily fluid today except one, and that's not happening since I've cleaned up all the others :eek: Between work and a pale SWMBO when she finally got home from work, this day has truly sucked.

Did I say I hate mondays? I really do.

Made the mistake of dozing off earlier...need a beer to get me to sleep. So, decided to pull the trigger on this one. Bottled 3/10/14. Wish I knew how to describe this accurately...smooth, malt has some other dimension...like dates and toffee. A little warmth in the finish, but it really doesn't feel like 8.2% ABV. I believe the one I opened last Spring was a lot hotter. This is way better!

IMG_20150203_243603480.jpg

Made the mistake of dozing off earlier...need a beer to get me to sleep. So, decided to pull the trigger on this one. Bottled 3/10/14. Wish I knew how to describe this accurately...smooth, malt has some other dimension...like dates and toffee. A little warmth in the finish, but it really doesn't feel like 8.2% ABV. I believe the one I opened last Spring was a lot hotter. This is way better!

you need to watch more Dar videos.:D

on the coffee.

you need to watch more Dar videos.:D

on the coffee.

I know, right!?

Quaffi...nice, roasted coffee notes in the aroma. Surprisingly, roasted coffee in the flavor as well. So, um, yeah. [Left nostril sniff, slurp, swish, chew...] I'm also getting some cream...no, Half'n'Half...and stevia plant. [Slurp, chew] Hmmm...Truvia brand. [Holding the ceramic mug up to the light] Nice color...light brown.

1422970757414218294792.jpg

Took two hours to shovel this morning, body/mind is tired from this weekend. Pile of work in the office since I took yesterday as a vacation day and oh yeah... boss decided not to come in last minute so it's all put on me.

Time to try and dig out here too.. Coffee & water.

Since we finally got dug out yesterday after snow stopped, we got son's Mustang back in the driveway...all the way this time. Darn high curbs!

Water. If not for 4x4 on the Jeep, I would probably still be home. Stupid County hasn't plowed my road yet. Supposed to get another storm tonight, from what I hear. Great.

Took two hours to shovel this morning, body/mind is tired from this weekend. Pile of work in the office since I took yesterday as a vacation day and oh yeah... boss decided not to come in last minute so it's all put on me.

Time to try and dig out here too.. Coffee & water.
So wait, you have to shovel snow for hours THEN go to work? I'd be a miserable mess if that were me. I feel bad for anyone who has to do that.
Water. If not for 4x4 on the Jeep, I would probably still be home. Stupid County hasn't plowed my road yet. Supposed to get another storm tonight, from what I hear. Great.
I would have thought a place that gets snow consistently in winter would have that crap dialed in.

More coffee.

I would have thought a place that gets snow consistently in winter would have that crap dialed in.

Main roads, yes. I can safely drive 80 mph on I-94 around here right now. But there are still 12" drifts and ruts all down my residential, dead end street.

So wait, you have to shovel snow for hours THEN go to work? I'd be a miserable mess if that were me. I feel bad for anyone who has to do that.

The street I live on is nowhere near priority for the city, so even though I shoveled a lot previously, the plow came down and buried me and pushed a nice fresh layer underneath and filling the wheel wells of the truck. I'm always miserable at work. Will be until I get some respect for the amount of work I do.

Cold coffee time.

Main roads, yes. I can safely drive 80 mph on I-94 around here right now. But there are still 12" drifts and ruts all down my residential, dead end street.
Super suck ass.
The street I live on is nowhere near priority for the city, so even though I shoveled a lot previously, the plow came down and buried me and pushed a nice fresh layer underneath and filling the wheel wells of the truck. I'm always miserable at work. Will be until I get some respect for the amount of work I do.

Cold coffee time.

Sucks. The plows did block our street. They came by and plowed our street then plowed the main street blocking us in. It is a place that gets snow once or twice a year and then it is gone. School is often out because of the snow then the ice. No one leaves anyway so we don't do jack with it. Last year a neighbor or two shoveled it, I watched...while drinking a beer and trying to find a way to get out of working so I could go play.

Speaking of blended juice...I had some fruit that was in danger of becoming compost, so I juiced it. Two big star fruit, a mango, 2 pears and 3 apples equalled about a half gallon of juice...added 12 oz honey, 2 cups sugar and topped up to a little over a gallon and an OG of 1.073...need to decide on a yeast. Any suggestions? I'm guessing this is more of a cider than melomel? Added pectic enzyme, yeast nutrient (DAP) and campden.

Still on coffee.

So bummed out today and don't know why... maybe just being back to work after a 'long' weekend. Need to see some sun.

Last coffee while working through lunch break.

So bummed out today and don't know why... maybe just being back to work after a 'long' weekend. Need to see some sun.

Last coffee while working through lunch break.

I am in a serious funk today, too, and don't really know why. And I really need to get some stuff done around here.

Drinking water now. No more afternoon coffee...

I'll be in Santa Ana next week, I'll have to check them out

Santa Ana isn't exactly a vacation destination. :D Stay on the right side of the tracks!

Water with soup. Is chicken noodle soup really healing? I don't think so but it was yummy until @thecadjockey mentioned pizza and wings to me. :ban:

Santa Ana isn't exactly a vacation destination. :D Stay on the right side of the tracks!

Water with soup. Is chicken noodle soup really healing? I don't think so but it was yummy until @thecadjockey mentioned pizza and wings to me. :ban:

Wouldn't be my choice for vaca either. Heading there for work.

Hoping to get some decent beers around there somewhere....any decent restaurants w/ good taps?

This. But it was a good excuse to get out and hit up my buddies brewery, but other than that I probably wouldnt spend any extended duration of time in SA.

Wouldn't be my choice for vaca either. Heading there for work.

Hoping to get some decent beers around there somewhere....any decent restaurants w/ good taps?

The Bruery is nearby and always has good stuff on tap (only food trucks though)

Noble Aleworks and Bottle Logic are nearby. Beachwood is about 20mi away.

So much for this being a drinking thread. More like a bull****ting thread. :p

Back