What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heady vs The Clone Part 2. The first time I compared the two they didn't seem very much alike, but after a couple more weeks in the bottle it seems like it's gotten a lot closer. The color is obviously way off, but the aroma, flavor and mouthfeel are pretty damn similar. Many thanks to @Baja_Brewer for hooking me up with the two cans of Heady today.

_DSC3874.jpg

Nate the Great black IPA
View attachment 253630

And eating a non-overcooked/@coldcrash 'ed ribeye.

View attachment 253631

Omg that looks good. I had a bowl of capn crunch for dinner to lazy to cook anything plus 12 inches of snow to shovel, bottles to clean and delabel, hops to weigh out and vacuum seal. Add to that the hour plus nap on the couch and thats your whole day.

I bet you wish you had the leftover ABTs I just ate. :p

I want to hurt you.

Inside looks good; too bad your pan wasn't hot enough. Looks steamed.

Come through; I'll show you how to get a good crust. :D

You marthafloccers crack me up. I almost always use olive oil. So, I can't heat it like veg/corn oil to sear or I'll burn it. That's probably why I'm not fat yet. :D

****. I need another beer and wish I was able to cook another steak.

A&W freeze in beautiful Pine Bluffs, WY. Floccin truck on fire on the interstate so my drive home just got extended by at least 90 minutes. ****.

I want to hurt you.
Just to remind you what they look like. :DView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422923710.387890.jpg

You marthafloccers crack me up. I almost always use olive oil. So, I can't heat it like veg/corn oil to sear or I'll burn it. That's probably why I'm not fat yet. :D

I'd rather be fat and eat a good steak than thinner and eat a subpar overcooked steamed poor excuse for a steak. ;)

Heady vs The Clone Part 2. The first time I compared the two they didn't seem very much alike, but after a couple more weeks in the bottle it seems like it's gotten a lot closer. The color is obviously way off, but the aroma, flavor and mouthfeel are pretty damn similar. Many thanks to @Baja_Brewer for hooking me up with the two cans of Heady today.

Great meeting you and glad you're getting to do a side by side - gotta spread the Topper love :tank:

I'm giving my liver a break tonight but I'll give you some feedback later this week! Looking forward to tasting those brews you gave me!

Out of curiosity - are you using the clone recipe from the thread thats running on here? A kit?

having my Scrote-ish 85. got to tell my boss in front of everyone how I feel about our "security" cameras spying on us all day. yay no tobacco for not making me sound like an angry crazy person! I'm pretty sure he wasn't impressed.

Omg that looks good. I had a bowl of capn crunch for dinner to lazy to cook anything plus 12 inches of snow to shovel, bottles to clean and delabel, hops to weigh out and vacuum seal. Add to that the hour plus nap on the couch and thats your whole day.

I call that one hour.

Going to have a beer shortly. Just put my center piece in my bar. My grandpa's circa ~1950s Lionel train

That's badass. I wish my dad hadn't thrown away his train set from when he was a kid. We moved a lot because of his job growing up and he finally got tired of hauling sh*t all over Texas. I remember it being made out of real metal.

View attachment 253633finishing off the last of victory at sea, while cleaning carboys the non InBev way. Or maybe it is the InBev way cuz there is no fuss this way. Either way enjoying this awesome beer

Beer looks too dark to be awesome. #inbevstandards

Just to remind you what they look like. :DView attachment 253639

I'd rather be fat and eat a good steak than thinner and eat a subpar overcooked steamed poor excuse for a steak. ;)

Smart ass. Wait until summer comes around and your fat booty has to take his shirt off at the beach. :p

Can you ship me some ABTs? Floccer.

Water and some cake. Fatness.

I want to hurt you.

Have you tried using grape seed oil? It has a higher flash point level than olive oil and is better for you than veggie oil

That's badass. I wish my dad hadn't thrown away his train set from when he was a kid. We moved a lot because of his job growing up and he finally got tired of hauling sh*t all over Texas. I remember it being made out of real metal.

Oh yea that suckers heavy and well build. One day ill run it. I need to record the controller so it wont shock the hell out of me.

Great meeting you and glad you're getting to do a side by side - gotta spread the Topper love :tank:

I'm giving my liver a break tonight but I'll give you some feedback later this week! Looking forward to tasting those brews you gave me!

Out of curiosity - are you using the clone recipe from the thread thats running on here? A kit?

Great meeting you, too man! Definitely enjoying the Headys. We'll have to hang out when the weather makes it more feasible.

I used the recipe from BYO as put together by my LHBS owner. I think if I did it again I'd probably start with the one on here and work from there. The one on here seems like it's much closer than the one in BYO.

Speaking of Heady...

_DSC3879.jpg

Back