What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my Aunt is gone. Godspeed and I'll toast her later. Thanks for the support:)
I'll probably be making a trek to Louisville in the Spring, for a memorial service. Maybe I'll find a bourbon barrel something or other while I'm there.

Ouch. Hopefully she went easy and didn't suffer. My condolences.

Tipping up this imperial stout that came with the 6 year old bombers. Saved it because it should have held up. This one is to you, your aunt and family.

Its pretty darn good and tastes a little bourboney.

View attachment 1420678796657.jpg

Hahaha. At 9% I call it "a warm-up for more beer" ;) :D

Now onto @ChefRex 's RIS. Figured I'd have something to compare style with beforehand. Well done!

Ok don't say I didn't warn you. I don't know what it is with that beer, I consider 7% beers to be session beers but with ol Rasputin it don't matter if I've had 1 or 18 beers that night one of those and I fall down like the wall when Reagan told Gorbachev year down this wall!

Didn't know cranberry-mango juice existed. But it does and I'm drinking it instead of beer.

Dry night.

Great Lakes Brewing Commodore Perry IPA. Very strong hints of grapefruit, which was very unexpected. Anyone know what hops they use?

Hahaha. At 9% I call it "a warm-up for more beer" ;) :D

Now onto @ChefRex 's RIS. Figured I'd have something to compare style with beforehand. Well done!

Hope you enjoyed it!

This, felt like something different, this was chilled, had it before and it was ok so I figured what the hell, this bottle is defiantly better, not outstanding but enjoyable,

Picture,

IMG_5535.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it!

This, felt like something different, this was chilled, had it before and it was ok so I figured what the hell, this bottle is defiantly better, not outstanding but enjoyable,

Most definitely! Starting to feel warm despite just being outside and it being 2 degrees outside! :D

And my Aunt is gone. Godspeed and I'll toast her later. Thanks for the support:)
I'll probably be making a trek to Louisville in the Spring, for a memorial service. Maybe I'll find a bourbon barrel something or other while I'm there.

Condolences man. I'll drink a palo santo wood aged something or other in her honor.

You picking up any weird flavors that werent there the first time you had it? Kinda smokey? The last couple bottles i had tasted were different than the majority i had previously.

Not at all in the flavor. The nose was a little off, but not bad enough to take away from the beer

Hmmm.. sorta low grade allergic reaction to the beer I drank. It's weird though that when it happens aside from the hives, which aren't bad tonight, I get a resinous piney flavor in my mouth that just sticks around no matter what beer I am drinking. I just wish I knew what my trigger is.

$6.99/4 pack. Sounds like a good excuse to buy 4 months worth. :D

That is an awesome deal!

If I can grab more will you send me whataburger creamy pepper sauce?

Nice night to bust open the mini growler of 11.4 Sparkky's Milk Chocolate Coffee Stout. Yup bitches.

View attachment 247265

The growler and glass are pretty damn cool. The growler especially! Where'd you get it from?

Back