What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Victory Double IPA. Nothing like it. Love the fruity hop character! Capping off an awesome homebrew club meeting and an unfortunate Pittsburgh Penguins loss!

A toast to my Aunt Jo. God bless her. And @Billy-Klubb, a birthday?! Happy one to ya and cheers! I've probably missed a chunk in the last 24 hours...

I'm toasting tonight with a Pumpkin Stout supplied by @Hello...thanks! The color is great and the pumpkin really comes through in aroma, flavor and body. Not a lot of spice, but I prefer it that way. Very nice! I think it's going to be a one and done kind of night for me.

IMG_20150107_224347598.jpg

A mistake recipe. Went to the lhbs and forgot the written recipe i developed for an Irish red pale hybrid i developed so i tried to remember but failed. Turned out good but bought 2lbs too much grain lol. A little strong, might be drunk tonight lol. Poor pic doesn't catch the red x malt color.

View attachment 1420692955429.jpg

A toast to my Aunt Jo. God bless her. And @Billy-Klubb, a birthday?! Happy one to ya and cheers! I've probably missed a chunk in the last 24 hours...

I'm toasting tonight with a Pumpkin Stout supplied by @Hello...thanks! The color is great and the pumpkin really comes through in aroma, flavor and body. Not a lot of spice, but I prefer it that way. Very nice! I think it's going to be a one and done kind of night for me.

thanks, but it seemed like there was more important things going on. and I really don't celebrate my B-Day.

more quaffii on the home front.

And my Aunt is gone. Godspeed and I'll toast her later. Thanks for the support:)
I'll probably be making a trek to Louisville in the Spring, for a memorial service. Maybe I'll find a bourbon barrel something or other while I'm there.

My condolences Matt. Hopefully she was at peace in the end.

Happy (belated) Birthday @Billy-Klubb - eating cake is celebrating in my book! :)

What a night. After making an early den I took my son and his best friend to a Boy Scout meeting in the Troop they will cross over to. I thought the Webelos meetings were a bit of organized chaos, but wow. I realize the adults step back once they reach scout level, but it was hard biting my tongue and sitting on my hands to not smack some heads around. Fun part was all the planning for this weekends campout. When it will be 23 during the day and 15 at night (and who knows what the wind chill will be.) This is going to be a long, cold stretch without beer :(

Then we get home and my son decides to play Spiderman on the shower curtain and pulls it out of the wall, so now I have that to fix today ... grrrrr ....

thanks, but it seemed like there was more important things going on. and I really don't celebrate my B-Day.

more quaffii on the home front.

Quaffin' it here this morning too. Just keep trying to make life a bit more of a party ain't such a bad thing...once a year.

The coff. Didnt win any money last night, I should have played poker. Maybe I will hit up another group of friends to rob this weekend. :D

As they say, pictures or it didn't happen:p
haha I'll have to pass.
I always thought the expression was colder than a witches tit but I like yours better
It actually is but I had to take dog outside and with the wind, well it was felt immediately. :D

Coffee, water, protein shake.

@Billy-Klubb I think I missed the birthday posts so Happy Birthday man!
@mattmmille I hope you liked it. I find that it is kind of oddly balanced. It is not a pumpkin bomb, which isn't a bad thing. I think some got a tad more vanilla but I love vanilla so that usually comes through a lot in any beer I add vanilla to.
I hope you are doing as okay as you can. Try not to fill yourself with regrets about seeing her more often. Think of the times you did and smile about that.

So I have to file a home warranty claim for my garage door as it doesn't close when it is 40F or below. I have to hold the button inside the garage until it is totally closed. a PITA if you ask me.

This is what happens when I am asked to provide a detailed description of the problem. haha
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 8.21.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 8.21.52 AM.png

So I have to file a home warranty claim for my garage door as it doesn't close when it is 40F or below. I have to hold the button inside the garage until it is totally closed. a PITA if you ask me.

This is what happens when I am asked to provide a detailed description of the problem. haha
View attachment 247329

View attachment 247330

Heres what i woukd put for detailed description. "POS".

My condolences Matt. Hopefully she was at peace in the end.

Happy (belated) Birthday @Billy-Klubb - eating cake is celebrating in my book! :)

What a night. After making an early den I took my son and his best friend to a Boy Scout meeting in the Troop they will cross over to. I thought the Webelos meetings were a bit of organized chaos, but wow. I realize the adults step back once they reach scout level, but it was hard biting my tongue and sitting on my hands to not smack some heads around. Fun part was all the planning for this weekends campout. When it will be 23 during the day and 15 at night (and who knows what the wind chill will be.) This is going to be a long, cold stretch without beer :(

Then we get home and my son decides to play Spiderman on the shower curtain and pulls it out of the wall, so now I have that to fix today ... grrrrr ....

The adults stepping back is a huge part of Scouts. It wasn't until my friend and I took a leadership training course and came back ready to run it, that our adults realized. They do need to be there in case things get out of hand and too far off track though. I wouldn't trade scouting for anything. I had some of the best and worst times of my life.

I think our thermometer is broken, it says 0*F.

Coffee. Ready for the weekend.

Large mug of coffee this morning of -25F. Just about everything is closed today. Supposed to be in the teens through Saturday. It's so cold the heater & kerosine heater nearly can't keep up!

The adults stepping back is a huge part of Scouts. It wasn't until my friend and I took a leadership training course and came back ready to run it, that our adults realized. They do need to be there in case things get out of hand and too far off track though. I wouldn't trade scouting for anything. I had some of the best and worst times of my life.

I think our thermometer is broken, it says 0*F.

Coffee. Ready for the weekend.

Did you ever make it out to philmont?

Back