What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually had a sixpack of beerlao that was given as an early birthday gift and a few so folkin hoppy IPAs to celebrate doing well on my PCATs today

Quaffi...gonna be a crappy day. SWMBO is under pressure at work and my aunt...Dad's only remaining sibling of six sisters may not survive flu and pneumonia.

I've been brewing almost 20 years, and much of that was 2 x 5 gallon batches every brew day (once every 3 or 4 weeks). Last year was my slowest year ever with only about 120 gallons (and 40 of that was 2 batches). I spent too much time judging and building up points, and not enough time brewing. Need to fix that for 2015, but my batches have been cut in half since I went to 10 gallons at a time a few years ago (I can brew 20, but can't temp control more than 10, so the 20 gallon batches were club or event brews where somebody else took the other 10).

Growler is smacked.

Well hopefully label peelers comes through with the Citra friday. I have a 10 gsllon batch planned for 1 of the 2 lbs I preordered

Quaffi...gonna be a crappy day. SWMBO is under pressure at work and my aunt...Dad's only remaining sibling of six sisters may not survive flu and pneumonia.

Man, I am sorry to hear that. Sorry for emailing you about trivial crap now! I don't know what it is with this month already, but work sucks. People are all over crazy and just downright pushy. I'm sorry about your aunt. It is horrible that she may not recover from that. I hope it works out and her health improves.

Coffee, water, protein shake.

Dar would laugh in your face with that weak pour! ;)

Having this while putting up new texture in the bathroom. This sumbitch is almost done.

View attachment 247073

Tastes like grapefruit. Love it. Thanks mcbaumannerb!

Glad you like it - definitely one of my favorites.

So I have this problem. I keep buying expensive barrel aged release beers (tonights being a Hanger 24 750ml Barrel Roll No. 3 Pugachev's Cobra) and when I get home, I decide I don't want to open them yet. So instead of drinking something good, I fall back to a nasty Stella Artois that someone left at my house this weekend.

sigh

I hear you - you feel guilty drinking one on a regular work night and try saving them for a "special occasion" I'm slowly starting to get to the point where having beer is a special enough occasion for me! :mug:

Although ... @Billy-Klubb - you could try selling an idea for a new reality show to TLC. Beer Hoarders. You go around the country and help those whose cellar has grown too big. Set aside what they should keep and then you pound back the rest. ;) Run with it (just give me a small royalty please)

On 2nd mug of coffee atm. My ingredients are supposed to arrive from Midwest today. 11F outside with a possible 14F. I hope the liquid yeast doesn't freeze...

Single digit temps and more snow. It finally feels like home. Hoping for a better day.

@mattmmille - Hope your aunt gets well.

Coffee and assembly drawings for breakfast.

Sorry to hear that hope things get better. It's never easy having a stressed out wife and sick family at the same time.

Water and oats. First workout of 2015 coming in a bit. Can't wait to crush it.

Water, probably coffee soon. I realized yesterday evening that my sickness was actually not the flu and was instead food poisoning. The couple I want to dinner with New Years Day both got sick the next morning after both ordering steak, I didnt get sick the next day or order steak, but I did have a piece of it. I ended up getting sick about 36 hours after they did but had the exact same symptoms and sickness time frame that they both had. I just found out yesterday she had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed with food poisoning. :eek: At least I cant get anyone else sick. You dont have to worry now @ChefRex , no need to wear a mask to open your box on Friday.

So since I wasnt technically "ill", I ended up staying up till three this morning playing poker at the neighbors but I ended up winning a lot. Second straight game Ive cleaned them all out within a week. Not sure they will want to play with me anymore. One guy was not too happy after buying in 5 times, losing it all, and I only bought in once and took everything. Oops, haha. :D

Matt, sorry to hear about your aunt. Hopefully she pulls through.

Tea. Walked a whole 3/4 of a mile with dog today! Felt good just getting back out there, even for a few minutes.
247144d1420644158-what-you-drinking-now-imageuploadedbyhome-brew1420644151.370903.jpg

That is one of those newfangled bottom pouring teapots isnt it? How well do those work. I wonder if you could randall out of one of those?

Water, probably coffee soon. I realized yesterday evening that my sickness was actually not the flu and was instead food poisoning. The couple I want to dinner with New Years Day both got sick the next morning after both ordering steak, I didnt get sick the next day or order steak, but I did have a piece of it. I ended up getting sick about 36 hours after they did but had the exact same symptoms and sickness time frame that they both had. I just found out yesterday she had gone to the doctor and was diagnosed with food poisoning. :eek: At least I cant get anyone else sick. You dont have to worry now @ChefRex , no need to wear a mask to open your box on Friday.

So since I wasnt technically "ill", I ended up staying up till three this morning playing poker at the neighbors but I ended up winning a little more than I make in a week. Second straight game Ive cleaned them all out within a week. Not sure they will want to play with me anymore. One guy was not too happy after buying in 5 times, losing it all, and I only bought in once and took everything. Oops, haha. :D

Someone in the kitchen do an @BUCKNUTS and not wash-up afterwards? That's the message he's been trying to impart ;)

Nice on the poker! What's the next brewery upgrade then?

Someone in the kitchen do an @BUCKNUTS and not wash-up afterwards? That's the message he's been trying to impart ;)

I've taken care of many, many people with food poisoning related to ecoli. The main reason for Ecoli is in your digestive tract is some assh@le didnt wash after using the bathroom.

Haha someone in the kitchen @bucknut'd all over those steaks apparently. :cross:

I actually only went over to play last night to help pay for the weekend trip a friend and I are making to Colorado MLK weekend to ski and meet up with Mhurst. Should be almost paid for after last night. :rockin:

I am hoping they still want to play again this weekend and I keep getting great cards, if so then this is will my next upgrade. Crossing my fingers, even if it does mean another 5-6 hour game.

Hornetsmall_large.jpg

Matt, sorry to hear about your aunt. Hopefully she pulls through.

That is one of those newfangled bottom pouring teapots isnt it? How well do those work. I wonder if you could randall out of one of those?

Oddly, I never thought to randall out of it. Now I just might! I love this silly thing. Love it lots.

I've taken care of many, many people with food poisoning related to ecoli. The main reason for Ecoli is in your digestive tract is some assh@le didnt wash after using the bathroom.

Or he handled his bratwurst off the porch then handed you one off the grill.

That's why it takes every fiber in my being to even eat out at restaurants any more.
I give you a hard time, but you might be surprised at some of my OCD/germaphobe habits.

So since I wasnt technically "ill", I ended up staying up till three this morning playing poker at the neighbors but I ended up winning a lot. Second straight game Ive cleaned them all out within a week. Not sure they will want to play with me anymore. One guy was not too happy after buying in 5 times, losing it all, and I only bought in once and took everything. Oops, haha. :D

Just remember...you can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin him once. ;)

Water.

Back