What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MacGruber said:
How much orange peel was in it?

I used the peel of one orange @ 5 min and the peel of another in the primary for 7 days . It was a 1 gal batch. Never do that again...

Thanks. I just used 2.5 oz. in a Honey Orange Wheat beer on Saturday. 5 gal batch so I hope I'll be okay.

If you used that much bitter orange peel, it would have smelled like ham.

1oz. per 5 gallons is typical.

I used the actual peel from navel oranges not dried (is navel orange zest considered bitter?) but anyhow I agree with you about the amount. Not all experiments go according to plan!!!:eek:

My newest ESB.

image-3602670436.jpg

Think I like it better than Hopslam or Hoptimum.It seems in that range as far as IIPA's could be wrong(with which i like best-but i bet i could pick each out-I will have to try that sometime with a blind taste test),probably not wrong about it i would like it best really, the thing that gets me is just the overall taste without picking it apart. Another great one and they have yet to disappoint. Every one ive had from 3 floyds so far has always surprised me how good they are.They get a wow everytime.

beer_8933.jpg

They make some beers that are just OK. Rabid Rabbit Saison is by no means an excellent Saison, Moloko isn't a great stout, but they are still good.

Most of their beers are very good though.

They make some beers that are just OK. Rabid Rabbit Saison is by no means an excellent Saison, Moloko isn't a great stout, but they are still good.

Most of their beers are very good though.

At least im picking the good ones out,so far. Thanks for the headsup.:mug: Im not huge on saisons much anyway,stouts are hit and miss often. They have a few stouts dont they? I cant see them only having one.
I even love their mild ale,robert the bruce... cant think of some of the others its been a while. Out of thousands of beers ive tried,its one of my favorate breweries. Out of the Midwest,its pretty good stuff.

Port Brewing Hop 15 in the hop field.

I almost had that tonight,maybe tomarrow. This has been a hot long week, and i have burnt grass to prove it,:drunk: And really? Its still Tuesday. Good lord.Oh well it will be cold before I know it, getting older sucks-time flys hardcore.

At least im picking the good ones out,so far. Thanks for the headsup.:mug: Im not huge on saisons much anyway,stouts are hit and miss often.
I even love their mild ale,robert the bruce... cant think of some of the others its been a while. Out of thousands of beers ive tried,its one of my favorate breweries. Out of the Midwest,its pretty good stuff.

Not many breweries make a mild pale that has a decent hop flavor like theirs. Alpha King is one of the better pale ales too.

I think Bells makes the best stouts in the Midwest. I've never tried Three Floyds Dark Lord which is highly rated, but too rare and expensive to really count.

jonmohno said:
I almost had that tonight,maybe tomarrow. This has been a hot long week, and i have burnt grass to prove it,:drunk: And really? Its still Tuesday. Good lord.Oh well it will be cold before I know it, getting older sucks-time flys hardcore.

I'd love cold, but the hops would not. Surprisingly, for a big beer, I'm refreshed, and still pulling weeds.

McMenamins Nebraska bitter...waiting for a friends plane to return from Seattle after getting re-routed because Airforce One was going to be leaving PDX....i say silver lining.

ForumRunner_20120724_180532.jpg

A 3.4% Two Brothers Brown Fox Mild ale.Best ever mild,drinks like a flavorfull 6%er.They are doing a bunch of retro releases and im all over it.Its better than there other "dark mild"? i think it was. This is a brown session ale and its pretty genious @3.4%? What? The. F. ? 14 ibu. Is this what they call a "gem in the rough?" Because it fits in to that category. I mean i dont think ive even heard of a complex 3.4% beer,its just amazing to me. Maybe they just did some late hop addition and or butt, i just got some "hop goggles on", but damn.and damn again.

Voodoo_Child said:
How did it go? Mind sharing your recipe? It's the SO's favorite.

Bubbling away, missed the numbers by a bit, my first AG batch and all. Dry hop next week and then, who knows? Did the extract version and was great the third tome through.

corkybstewart said:
Boulder Beer Sweaty Betty. This is the last bottle from a sixer I bought months ago and I swear it's much better than the other 5 were.

The last one always is

iambeer said:
7.2 % ABV IPA? Count me out. There are plenty of other styles that are excellent.

Right now I'm drinking the SN Summerfest.... perfect!

I always loved just about everything from SN until summerfest. I tried to get down 3 and couldn't take it any longer.

Back