What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee..... Trying to decide what I should brew on Saturday. I have 65+ pounds of pilsner malt; conan, 1968, wlp500, 3787, and 3068, possibily one other strain I cant think of. I have some loose 1oz bags of hops and also a pound each of mosaic and citra. I also have a bunch of bugs but I need more clean beers in my pipeline. Any suggestions or ideas?!

A pale ale or IPA? Sounds like you have plenty for those? 2nd mug of coffee before getting back to my books for awhile. I really need to get some spring water to brew up the other batch of ESB waiting in the wings & get Christmas check into the bank.

Looking good. Switching to blowoff?

Do you know how OEC sources their bugs? Just curious.

Yep, soon.

OEC doesn't buy sacc or bugs. They have their own house strains that were somehow harvested - not sure from what. I think every beer they make has bugs in it along with a house yeast strain. They dump wort into barrels that have already had bacteria introduced. They depend on those barrels to sour their brews.

I had made a starter last week from four, different beers. It took off quite nicely. After stepping-it-up, I had a good cake. Cold crashed it and dumped it into my wort last night. It took off pretty darn fast. I already told those guys what I planned to do with the dregs and they are excited to taste my experiment/cluster**** of a beer.

Coffee..... Trying to decide what I should brew on Saturday. I have 65+ pounds of pilsner malt; conan, 1968, wlp500, 3787, and 3068, possibily one other strain I cant think of. I have some loose 1oz bags of hops and also a pound each of mosaic and citra. I also have a bunch of bugs but I need more clean beers in my pipeline. Any suggestions or ideas?!

Hoppy belgian pale/IPA?

While heating strike water for another clone attempt with an adjusted recipe. Water profile change, hop profile changes, yeast change, and slightly higher gravity.

20141216_103742[1].jpg

Hoppy belgian pale/IPA?

Thats kinda what Im leaning towards. Im going to see what all Wes's "its a trap" recipe calls for, specialty grain wise. I have plans to make a chain breaker clone, but dont have everything for that and am trying to avoid ordering stuff today.

Save the WLP500 for a dubbel and make sure you make your own candi sugar or syrup. I would personally go for the 3787, bitter with a neutral bittering hop, some combination of mosaic with just a little bit of citra or centennial if you have it for late hops, and shoot for around 8%abv just because. With belgian yeast I love to add some Caramunich and some Special B for color and love what they add to the flavor. All this comes from some random dude on the interwebz so take and leave what you choose :drunk:

On the coffee hard and heavy today.

Save the WLP500 for a dubbel and make sure you make your own candi sugar or syrup. I would personally go for the 3787, bitter with a neutral bittering hop, some combination of mosaic with just a little bit of citra or centennial if you have it for late hops, and shoot for around 8%abv just because. With belgian yeast I love to add some Caramunich and some Special B for color and love what they add to the flavor. All this comes from some random dude on the interwebz so take and leave what you choose :drunk:

On the coffee hard and heavy today.

Sounds like a tripel? Or are you saying I should make a big Belgian IPA/PA?

Sounds like a tripel? Or are you saying I should make a big Belgian IPA/PA?

My thoughts lean towards a hoppy Tripel. I don't like Belgian IPAs much because the hops always overpower the yeast and if you're gonna do that you might as well just use a Chico strain. I would shoot for about 40-50 ibu if it were my beer.

Yeah, about that. I'm pretty sure we all know you've done that before. Many times. Many, many times.

I think it hit me harder than I had expected because I drank it so quickly. And the fact that I need some damned food in my stomach.

Best part about working from home is having a beer or thirteen at lunch time and shooting things outside. :D

Drinking water after lunch. Beautiful here today and stuck driving a desk. I believe the statement is "I'd rather be brewing!! **** **** ****!! "

Thats kinda what Im leaning towards. Im going to see what all Wes's "its a trap" recipe calls for, specialty grain wise. I have plans to make a chain breaker clone, but dont have everything for that and am trying to avoid ordering stuff today.

PM sent. There's hardly any specialty grain. Mostly Pilsner malt.

Coke...lunch...fat...

Same here.

2 > 1

Next and next. Ain't nobody got time to go back inside for more beer.

View attachment 242247

SWMBO told me she wanted the pumpkins tossed. Well, here goes nothing.
View attachment 242248

You need to put some tannerite in one of them punkins to make it really go boom!! :rockin: They probably don't let you buy that stuff there though

Back