What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong. Tweak is a great beer, it's about the same in the bottle as on draft. I would just rather spend $5 on BC coffee and get the same taste / flavor as $12 on Tweak. The extra alcohol in Tweak isn't worth the $7.

On the water at work.

Sounds like I may pass on it then. I just hope the Abyss comes out soon so I can go broke on that :D

i'd say 'maybe to no'.

It is really close to BCCBS in flavor and those are only $5 each (at least they were last year). Tweak is double the alcohol and quite boozy right now, so might be worth grabbing one and holding it for a year or two if you see it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to grab some. I was in Boulder for work and stopped by Avery on my way out of town.

On the coffee at work.

A liquor store up here got a case of it in. I'm thinking about buying a bottle just because I like that these guys are trying to get new beers in stock.

H20 while I put a new leader on my fly line. Hitting up the river tomorrow since my kid is going to be with his grandparents and I have nothing else to do.

Mhurst.....I'll be fishing the Big Horn north of Thermopolis. Great fish up there and way easier to fish than the wind river canyon.

I
only have 5 functional kegs as #6 needs replacement posts to convert it back to pin lock, and 2 of the 5 are for cleaning the keg lines.

I wish I had a new one, but certainly enjoy drinking beers and playing with tools attempting to fix stuff haha

Coffee #2. I gotta decide what beers to pick up today.

I think I have a spare set of posts if you want them, they are on a damaged keg and I use ball locks.

Have you tried a hop stand type of thing? When I did it I partially chilled the wort down to the 195-205 degree optimal coffee brewing temperature. Seemed to be less of a harsh/bitter boiled coffee flavor.
That's effectively what I'm talking about. I add mine right after flameout and doing a manual whirlpool (vigorous stir) to settle the trub towards the center. Boiling it for any amount of time will create a harsh bitterness that takes at least a month or two to age out. I find it produces the smoothest and most natural coffee flavor since it's similar to the way you would make coffee with a drip or French press setup.

A liquor store up here got a case of it in. I'm thinking about buying a bottle just because I like that these guys are trying to get new beers in stock.

H20 while I put a new leader on my fly line. Hitting up the river tomorrow since my kid is going to be with his grandparents and I have nothing else to do.

Mhurst.....I'll be fishing the Big Horn north of Thermopolis. Great fish up there and way easier to fish than the wind river canyon.

Good luck! Haven't gotten to go fishing in way too long.

I think I have a spare set of posts if you want them, they are on a damaged keg and I use ball locks.

If you have them, I'll gladly trade my ball lock posts for them!

Been curious about this one for a long time. View attachment 238295

Not disappointed. Not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Some day I'll find that hopefully. My pb cup porter came out pretty well, but that beer is on the long list of "gotta try someday".

Ask and you shall receive.
View attachment 238298

That's crazy! No way did that fit in one box.

Good luck! Haven't gotten to go fishing in way too long.

If you have them, I'll gladly trade my ball lock posts for them!

Some day I'll find that hopefully. My pb cup porter came out pretty well, but that beer is on the long list of "gotta try someday".

I'll let you know whe. I get home.

And to answer the question, nothing

A wise, and generous, man once told me that you don't have to drink every beer from a trade the day you get it. Is it possible that I am being taught the consequences of trying?

Headed home...after a stop at the beer store. Hoping to find something intriguing that I've never had before. Wish me luck.

Wish I had more Gandhi bot left over and it could land on your door step before Thanksgiving dinner. :D

Back