What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eastern Cascade American Amber...different, but I like it.

IMAG3943.jpg

Alright guys and gals, I have a question!

Anyone ever have their trades held at a FedEx Office location? I am considering having my two inbounds held tomorrow since I will likely be work for 13 hours. I don't have anyone to bring it inside at delivery and we have a forecast high of +9F.

Thoughts?

Water. Just got done with the first snow removal of the year, at least my new snow blower works awesome.

Kirkland rum and coke. Beer supply is low and saving my funds for the BCBS release. This rum is unreal for the price. The coke kinda ruins it actually. Next glass will be just rum and a single ice cube.

Still waiting for that here. I'm told it should be here with BcBs on Friday. Fingers crossed.

It's pretty boozy, but guessing it will mellow in a year or three. I only got 4, might have to grab a few extras, depending on what I find from BC release on Friday.

Anyone ever have their trades held at a FedEx Office location? I am considering having my two inbounds held tomorrow since I will likely be work for 13 hours. I don't have anyone to bring it inside at delivery and we have a forecast high of +9F.

Thoughts?

Water. Just got done with the first snow removal of the year, at least my new snow blower works awesome.

No input on the FedEx stuff, but I'm having fun with my 1970 Ariens snowblower. Couldn't start it the other day or today (still trying to get it running smoothly), so took out the spark plug and cleaned it to see if that was the cause of no combustion. Then, I realized that there's one other thing necessary for combustion to occur as I looked in the tank. D'oh!

Thoughts?

Robust Porter hb

I used to work for FedEx Office...your box, if redirected will get a day added to the time, maybe two. They are required to call you within a certain number of minutes after they receive it...if they have your number...or they call the sender. Don't bother showing up there until you've been notified. Or call, before you make a trip. Don't send anyone else to pick it up. The name on the box has to be the person showing ID and signing for it. But it is safe and secure. It will be kept in a locked room and temperature controlled at that point ( may not be temp controlled en route though). It should also show the rerouted and arrival in tracking online, if you have the tracking number. Let me know if you want to know anything else, I might be able to answer.

1416972171204907011068.jpg

Celebration.
Reading up on my snowblower after kicking a keg. That was shortsighted (kicking the keg) as it's replacement is still carbonating. :(

Sounds like you need more kegs and/or more time to brew;)

Listerine, well not drinking it but going in the mouth.

Sumatra coffee in the morning and some for a breakfast stout this weekend.
So many different opinions on adding coffee, anyone want to chime in,this is going to be my first time adding it to a beer.

No input on the FedEx stuff, but I'm having fun with my 1970 Ariens snowblower. Couldn't start it the other day or today (still trying to get it running smoothly), so took out the spark plug and cleaned it to see if that was the cause of no combustion. Then, I realized that there's one other thing necessary for combustion to occur as I looked in the tank. D'oh!

I have a 2013 Deluxe. It rocks. Makes my 1972 International Cadet behind the garage jealous.

Sounds like you need more kegs and/or more time to brew;)

Listerine, well not drinking it but going in the mouth.

Sumatra coffee in the morning and some for a breakfast stout this weekend.
So many different opinions on adding coffee, anyone want to chime in,this is going to be my first time adding it to a beer.

I've done two beers with coffee...an extract brew sweet stout last year and an all grain robust porter recently. Both got cold brewed coffee added at bottling. The stout was okay, but not very complex. Also had cocoa nibs. The porter is better...no cocoa and not too much coffee, but still pronounced. It's a balancing act. When it's good...like Troeg Java Head, it's really good. But it can suck, too.

Great Dane 20th anniversary strong ale. 20 Malts, 20 hops, 20 yeasts...polishing off the end of the growler after putting a new IPA recipe into the fermentation room.
To sum up the brew evening: 1) I really need to build a hop spider and 2) Chugger pumps are impressively tolerant of cavitation.

Great Dane 20th anniversary strong ale. 20 Malts, 20 hops, 20 yeasts...polishing off the end of the growler after putting a new IPA recipe into the fermentation room.
To sum up the brew evening: 1) I really need to build a hop spider and 2) Chugger pumps are impressively tolerant of cavitation.

Wow, that sounds impressive.

No one else is up here. Wusses.

Lancaster strawberry wheat beer. Not bad and another from @mattmmille

Thoughts?

I do it all the time - no problems. Just have your drivers license when you pick up and it is fine.

Coffee. About to hit the road for the ten hour drive.

Latest posts

Back