What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second pour
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415425441.219099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

@DisturbdChemist @thatjonguy @chefrex thanks. I'll be fine and they're not leaving me alone. Haha they're not stupid! It will be fun. I love the owners a bunch and they put up with me. :D

@mattmmille I sent a text asking if I could do it. I may have been drunk. :p a week later, I'll be brewing thrilla in vanilla. Pretty rad.

Coffee. Brew day start time pushed back an hour and I'm not sad about that. :D Later on, Stout day again at a taproom and then shenanigans later. It's going to be a long long day.

Coffee, water, protein shake.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415453053.842348.jpg

More Coff. Not moving from near the fire for at least another hour. All of the grass here is frozen.

Re-doing one of the bedrooms upstairs so I'll be busy drinking and working all floccing day.

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout whilst watching the Autumn Internationals (Rugby Union).

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415455615.344197.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Coffee, but then I'm going to start making up for lost time. I only had two beers last night before I passed out early from staying up late and getting up early all week.

Not a bad afternoon to sit inside and watch rugby.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415459123.338200.jpg

My favourite current pale ale, deliciously hoppy.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415459877.554156.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415460810.303648.jpg

Skeeter pee made from Merlot yeast cake. Not sweetened and not going to. This is a mixer. Iced tea is brewing.

#bestArnoldPalmerever

How the hell does that happen???

First pull of quad parti-gyle, yeasty, think I'll pull another,

Been putting too much time in the garage and not shopping. Been spending too much money in the garage as well making me not want to buy my usual allotment.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415461581.766227.jpg

Hydro sample of the beer that flat 12 mashed. 13 days old and only at 1.022 with safale 05. No off flavors at all, just a little sweet. The Amarillo screams in delight. I moved it from 62 to 70 degrees. Not knowing anything about the mash I don't really know where to expect it to end.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415467039.745294.jpg

Why didn't I think about this when it was hot outside. Strong iced tea mixed half and half with lemon wine (skeedrrpee recipie with about a cup less lemon juice and no back sweeten). On my last two batches everyone else loved the stuff made right but it was just too sweet for me. I decided to try it dry and it makes a nice Palmer.

A Mosaic Pale Ale. Really enjoying this one. Slightly over chilled, but really liking the Mosaic flavour.

2nd brew day in as many days. RU-55 clone at a buddy's place today.

Just sampled one of the extra bottles from racking my Flanders red. Really happy with it considering it's only 6 weeks old. Using the yeast cake for today's brew.

Not going to lie, poured that bottle of wine away. It was a 2011 something and it was not good. Plummy without acidity to complement. Uninteresting flavour, no subtlety. I don't know where it came from. Now drinking a 2011 Little Pigs Shiraz and it is delicious.

Back